RTP - Slot Memory?

sledge13

I see people on here say slot's dont have a memory and are random, so how does the rtp work then? if your unlucky you will never ever get a win on a slot if true....I thought that a slot pays out when you have hit a certain amount etc, thus the return to player of funds...

Of course the turnover is monitored, don't let anybody tell you something different. No slot will have a RTP > 100% over a long period. There might be short bursts in both directions though.

The way RTP works out is that a 5 - reel slot has a "xxxxx" amount of "events", meaning the outcome of a single spin, the number depending on the amount of symbols, how often each symbol is on every reel. The higher symbols are of course fewer, hence those will show less on your screen.

Modern slots have 10's of millions of "events", hence the RTP is calculated over a very long period.

I see people on here say slot's dont have a memory and are random, so how does the rtp work then? if your unlucky you will never ever get a win on a slot if true....I thought that a slot pays out when you have hit a certain amount etc, thus the return to player of funds...
Don't confuse online slots with UK Fruit machines. They are "compensated" to only pay out N amount after that have taken N x 1.2 in.

The RTP is calculated by the payout of every single reel combination and feature outcome it is possible to hit - over infinite spins.
They are completely random - the same as betting on the spin of a roulette wheel, or the throw of a dice. The pay-out tables on roulette & dice games determine the house edge based on infinite throws or spins. Same with slots - only it's a lot more complicated!

KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back