RTG's Funky Monkey

........that is unforgivable:mad: but like you said everyone is different, to me the word stupid imo is far worse than bitch as soon as the word stupid had left his nasty mouth he would have been wearing my hand print across his face not that im a believer in violence but some men just dont know how to treat a lady and need to be reminded.........laurie

Calling someone stupid is a huge insult also and put the two together in the kind of situation I was talking about and believe me when I say that was the most I've ever wanted to hurt someone. ;)
It's all about respect or lack thereof. Even when people are angry it needs to be kept in mind.

Maybe this thread should be cut in half and retitled....what does the word bitch mean to you? :lolup:

Calling someone stupid is a huge insult also and put the two together in the kind of situation I was talking about and believe me when I say that was the most I've ever wanted to hurt someone. ;)
It's all about respect or lack thereof. Even when people are angry it needs to be kept in mind.

Maybe this thread should be cut in half and retitled....what does the word bitch mean to you? :lolup:

OMG bb, that should definitely get some off the wall responses and you're right that could take up a new thread for a week or two...:lolup:

Being a woman, you can 'own' the word, ascribe it to yourself, even relish that part of your identity when you want to. Bitch is about mating to me and only has a negative connotation when applied to a woman in a derogatory manner .Stud and Sire are badges of honor to machismos.

Most of literate society, if not all, has a culture of male dominance and power. But we define ourselves within that, sure. It's not genetic, or constitutional or dna, it's simply culture. And it relates to race as well as gender. There is a heirarchy ('better than', class, system, etc.) There are oppressed groups within the reality of societies even when we look at only heirarchy rather than simply patriarchy, but they're intermingled to assure those in power (whites, men, corporations, pimps, systems, etc.) maintain their place on the 'ladder'.

Minorities are disenfranchised, women have the 'glass ceiling', gays have their own struggles. A token 'guy from the hills or hood' who "makes good", or a woman who chooses to, and has the opportunities, and capitalizes on them, or a tribe that 'controls' online gambling does not negate the fact that there are age old systems in place to denegrate the 'lesser' and exhalt the 'greater' - making it much easier for a 'rich kid' to 'network' than a slum dweller or a woman. And no, a woman or afro-american being elected president doesn't disprove this... though that occurance could help others in the future.

There will be poverty and racism and exploitation until each individual, regardless of race, creed (are their still creeds?:)) religion or economic status has the same respect given.

To even have to discuss whether depicting an ape as a black man, or argue whether bitch is offensive shows us just how far we have to go.

It's a long long way.

Link Removed (invalid URL)

And still :) I was only initially 'offended' by the specism. Apes ain't MONKEYS! :D

Peace:cool:

Last edited:
=lojo;210947 Stud and Sire are badges of honor

True...totally agree Lojo

Most of literate society, if not all, has a culture of male dominance and power. But we define ourselves within that, sure. It's not genetic, or constitutional or dna,

Actually Lojo, My DNA has STUD written all over it !! The Doctors actually announced it over the intercom at the hospital :D:yahoo::yahoo::D

And still :) I was only initially 'offended' by the specism. Apes ain't MONKEYS! :D

I think those Monkeys on Funky Monkey are really Chimps if I am not mistaken...:cool:

Actually Lojo, My DNA has STUD written all over it !! The Doctors actually announced it over the intercom at the hospital :D
Indeed! But was that when you were born or when you sired a child:thumbsup:

I think those Monkeys on Funky Monkey are really Chimps if I am not mistaken...:cool:

Aren't chimps apes? uh oh back to school:p

edit: yeah, you right
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
:)

"It seems a bit human-centric to want to put chimps into the 'Homo' genus and not reclassify humans as 'Pan'. But these things are arbitrary, once you've divided it into species. It would become a more political decision than anything else," he said.

LMAO:lolup:

funky is a fun word, too, and monkeys/chimps are cute and funny. they are just having fun.

if the game was "stupid monkey" or "dumb n*gga" or even used the word funky to clearly mean these monkeys smelled bad, then maybe it's more offensive. but they were just trying to have some fun, make a catchy name, and make graphics that reflect the concept.

they are monkeys, that are funky. and those hairstyles are not race-specific as has been aforementioned (even wierd al rocked the coolio anti-grav dreads for a while), so it's not to say the monkeys are supposed to be black, just that they are trying to be funky, aka different, out-standing.

maybe if you bring it up to the developers, they can edit the game with a paint bucket and make sure all colours of monkey are represented to avoid any confusion and misgivings.

and while we're at it, does the ice cream chunky monkey also offend? does monkey refer to the bananas or the chocolate? it should be the former, but a couple might seee the latter and cry foul. same with the funky monkey. if you take the hairstyles to mean black = monkey instead of black = funky, then it's going to offend.

wow 9 pages, there are some interesting nuggets throughout though.

:thumbsup:

OMG Lojo

You took me back when you mentioned Kurtis Blow....My friend's sister was married to him in the early 1980's. Havnt seen her in 20 years. I heard all kinds of stories with him, not pretty ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back