RNG Jackpot Question

Greigssy

Meister Member
I don't know if this has already been answered in the stacks of theories and facts about RNG already on the forum but I will ask anyway.

I have been playing MGS slots for many years now and I have never had 5 wilds on a 1 to 30 line slot where this usually pays out some kind of jackpot.

My question... is there one RNG value(one ball in the huge ball pit if you like) that represents the 5 wilds jackpot or is there an RNG value for each available winning line of 5 wilds?

For instance a 9 line slot would that have 9 numbers representing jackpot lines and a 15 line slot would that have 15 numbers and so on.

It depends on how you believe the slot works (not all slots work the same way - we can be 100% certain of that!).

Personally I believe that MG slots work by the RNG producing a random position for each reel to land in.
That being the case, the odds of hitting the 5 symbols required to hit a jackpot is still many millions to one against.

Take Thunderstruck for example; We know the reels have 30, 30, 30, 30 & 44 symbols respectively, with one wild per reel.
So the total number of different reel combinations is 30 x 30 x 30 x 30 x 44 = 35,640,000
There are 9 win-lines, so divide that by 9 and you get the odds of hitting 5 wilds = 1 in 3,960,000
Yes - one in 3.96 MILLION spins.
And yet people DO hit it - I should know, I've had it once myself! (On Spring Break - and exact clone).

The only MG Progressives that I have exact figures for on SlotBeaters.com are:
King Cashalot: 1 in 7,719,000
Major Millions (5 reel version): 1 in 7,484,400

Just work out how long it would take you to play 7 million spins - and you'll begin to realise just how unlikely hitting a major progressive is.

Sorry - didn't answer your specific question!
My question... is there one RNG value (one ball in the huge ball pit if you like) that represents the 5 wilds jackpot or is there an RNG value for each available winning line of 5 wilds?
IMPO, the latter.

KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back