Ritz club

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
London
I recently requested from Ritz club a cheque of 50 and i got it swiftly couple of days later. The problem is that even though I am in Greece the cheque has on it a writting which says that it is only cashable in Britain:mad: something that the bank teller confirmed to me when i went to cash it in. Am i supposed to book a plane ticket, go to the UK, open a bank account, cash it in and finally wire it to my greek account???????
I tried to contact them and the manager that replied said that my email would get individual attention and a reply will be due in a timely fashion however 3 days later am still waitting which is unacceptable!! They dont take 3 days to accept my deposits:mad: . The fact that they sent me a cheque which is useless is a sign of incopetence in my opinion.
 

Simmo!

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 29, 2004
Location
England
Definately sounds like a faux pás indeed, though I'm sure that they would not be trying to pull a fast one as they have a great reputation to protect. I could probably get you a contact there if you'd like me to gfk?

Incidentally you say you live in London in your profile so can't you just cash it next time you're back?

Cheers

Simmo!
 
Last edited:

blankley

Dormant account
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Location
uk
You should have signed up with a euro account being in greece, instead of the automatic bonus whore's tactic of trying to maximise the bonus by using a foreign currency.
 

jpsartre

Dormant account
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Location
Denmark
blankley said:
You should have signed up with a euro account being in greece, instead of the automatic bonus whore's tactic of trying to maximise the bonus by using a foreign currency.

Yeah, that's real clever. If you had bothered to check you would know that Ritz Club does not allow you to choose your own currency. It's GBP or nothing. Get your facts straight next time before you start judging people.
 

lydia

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Location
Europe
blankley said:
You should have signed up with a euro account being in greece, instead of the automatic bonus whore's tactic of trying to maximise the bonus by using a foreign currency.

:lolup:

Edit: I took it only as a joke, JPSartre. One couldn' resist seeing Kostas Atavar. ;)
 
Last edited:

jpsartre

Dormant account
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Location
Denmark
You're right. Maybe blankley's not the only one who needs to get his facts straight. If it was a joke I apologize, however, next time, put a smiley in the end :)
 

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
London
Simmo! said:
Definately sounds like a faux pás indeed, though I'm sure that they would not be trying to pull a fast one as they have a great reputation to protect. I could probably get you a contact there if you'd like me to gfk?

Incidentally you say you live in London in your profile so can't you just cash it next time you're back?

Cheers

Simmo!


In theory i could cash it in once i go back to England but why i have to go through all these considering that the account at the casino has greek details? What if i couldn't go or didn't have any british accounts in the UK? At any rate am not willing to wait 2 months just because they are incompetent. Cancelling the cheque and sending a new one is a somewhat easy procedure though it does seem that it's not as easy as I once thought.

Simmo can you get me a contact there who has the authority to deal with this minor issue quickly? Many thanks
 

lydia

Dormant account
Joined
Sep 3, 2005
Location
Europe
gfkostas said:
The problem is that even though I am in Greece the cheque has on it a writting which says that it is only cashable in Britain:mad: something that the bank teller confirmed to me when i went to cash it in.
.

That's funny... I recieve a couple of checks from some casinos (eg. Lasseters), but it was taken care of for cashing in Germany (they wrote on the checks the name of some german banks, where I could cashin - it was not my bank, but I didn't have a problem).

Maybe you could find a brunch office of british bank in Greece? :confused: Eg. - in Germany there is City Bank - an american bank.

P.S. I still understand your frustration..
 
Last edited:

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
London
lydia said:
Maybe you could find a brunch office of british bank in Greece? :confused: Eg. - in Germany there is City Bank - an american bank.


True. I could probably do so if it wasn't for 67euros!
 

Simmo!

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 29, 2004
Location
England
gfkostas said:
Simmo can you get me a contact there who has the authority to deal with this minor issue quickly? Many thanks

I'll see what I can do on Monday gfk.
 

nikest

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Location
canada
i am surprised. i do get check in pounds , and my bank in canada will accept that check. some of the banks might put a hold for 30 days.but i am sure bank should be able to accept that check,.
 

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABnonaccred
CAG
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Location
SOMEWHERE IN ASIA
lydia said:
That's funny... I recieve a couple of checks from some casinos (eg. Lasseters), but it was taken care of for cashing in Germany (they wrote on the checks the name of some german banks, where I could cashin - it was not my bank, but I didn't have a problem).

Maybe you could find a brunch office of british bank in Greece? :confused: Eg. - in Germany there is City Bank - an american bank.

P.S. I still understand your frustration..


Ah, Lasseters. Though I havent been playing there for a few years mainly due to their rather lousy games and graphics, I simply loved their cashouts. I received cheques in Hong Kong dollars and they could be accessed to within 1 working day. When I receive USD cheques, it took more than 30 days for clearance.
 

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
London
nikest said:
i am surprised. i do get check in pounds , and my bank in canada will accept that check. some of the banks might put a hold for 30 days.but i am sure bank should be able to accept that check,.

My cheque has a writing on it which says that it is only cashable in Britain therefore there is no way my bank can accept it.


Any news Simmo? thx for helping out
 

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
London
This casino should be stripped from all reputation and prestige taken indirectly from the landbased casino. They are simply useless when they cant even reply a single email:mad:
 

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
London
I've been trying to telephone them but their lines are dead and nor do they reply my emails. Help!!!! :(
 

uungy

Dormant account
PABaccred
PABnoaccred
PABnononaccred
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Location
Planet Earth (I think)
I wouldn't worry about them too much! They are based in the UK, so you have to call them British time (working hours) as far as I know. They are Crypto, but unlike the others, they have their own system, but the accounts are managed by the central Crypto's. So they have their own customer support, ehich explains why you can't get through to them.

Don't try emails, you won't get much of a response, just give them a call, during the day, is the best (they are open all night too, but take time to get through sometimes)
 

gfkostas

Ex-Bonus Whore
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Location
London
uungy said:
I wouldn't worry about them too much! They are based in the UK, so you have to call them British time (working hours) as far as I know. They are Crypto, but unlike the others, they have their own system, but the accounts are managed by the central Crypto's. So they have their own customer support, ehich explains why you can't get through to them.

Don't try emails, you won't get much of a response, just give them a call, during the day, is the best (they are open all night too, but take time to get through sometimes)

I've tried to contact them at different times but I get no response whatsoever. CM do you have any contact with authority there?
 

Agamemnon

Dormant account
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Location
In the shadow of the Acropolis
It could be worse. It could be surreal.

Just as a bit of trivia to show you're not alone. (is it being in Greece that tends to confuse them or what?....:) )

I have a Barclays Bank check sent out by Stanley Entertainmet that is also payable only in Great Britain (even though they clearly know I am in Greece) which is also double crossed to mark acount payee only (making it impossible to cash it without an account).
It's dated February 2006 and is for the amount of 60 EUROS!!!
Yep, you guessed it... not only must I fly over there and get paid in Great Britain but I should also have a Euro account in Great Britain.

The check is dated February and as this has been a very busy year for me I didn't do anything about it other than laugh.

A measure of kudos to them however, since I recently received an email from them to the effect that they noticed I didn't cash the check and would I like to be paid in my Neteller account?

So if worse comes to worse gfkostas just wait around 6 months untill they figure out you haven't cashed the check....
 
Top