RIP Tom Petty - Legend

Flyer187

PABnoaccred
Very sad to hear that Tom Petty has passed away at the age of 66 today as a result of a heart attack.

This man's music always will be fantastic and has been regular listening for me and my Dad for many years.

lockinlove

Staring into the sun
PABaccred
I just saw this! So sad, really enjoyed some of his songs.

I smoked my first joint to one of his songs when I was like 20

Flyer187

PABnoaccred
3 or 4 of his songs are literally in my all-time favourite music - I won't back down, Learning to Fly, American Girl, etc.

His work with the Travelling Wilburys was how I first got into Jeff Lynne's music.

Flyer187

PABnoaccred
Learning to Fly was one of my Dad's driving songs when we were going on holiday as a family to Cornwall in my younger days

gilliebean

Dormant account
Such a shame... I grew up to the Travelling Wilburys. Complete coincidence, but I was watching the X-Factor last night and someone sang Runaround Sue - which somehow set me off singing Runaway to myself all night (No, I don't know how either..! :rolleyes:), so I popped the TW on for the first time in ages!! Handle with Care is mine and my Dad's favourite song...

Very sad. :(

dave1888

Ueber Meister
PABnononaccred2
mm1
Just heard he's not dead yet in a very critical condition and the family have decided a do not resuscitate approach?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)