RIP Rutger Hauer

RIP Rutger I'm bummed out. A shame indeed to learn of this.

I don't know why I didn't see this on the news. Oh, I forgot, I don't watch the news.

The Hitchhiker was great with C Thomas Howell I believe if memory serves.

Another good movie I thought was Blind Fury. Could have got the title wrong but I don't think so. I thought he carried on the lead actor pretty well.

RIP Rutger I'm bummed out. A shame indeed to learn of this.

I don't know why I didn't see this on the news. Oh, I forgot, I don't watch the news.

The Hitchhiker was great with C Thomas Howell I believe if memory serves.

Another good movie I thought was Blind Fury. Could have got the title wrong but I don't think so. I thought he carried on the lead actor pretty well.

Yes I loved the Hitcher one of my old time favourites and yes it was with C Thomas Howell :)

Soldier Of Orange. :thumbsup:
But yeah, "tears in rain" is a scene that few people forget.

Think I've watched Blind Fury as a kid over 20 times.

Last edited:
He was an unforgettable actor. I have seen all the movies mentioned above and also loved LadyHawke.

And how's this for a spooky coincidence?

The setting for Blade Runner was Los Angeles in the year....2019.

So Rutger Hauer and Roy Batty died in the same year.
For years I'd known of the 'dubbed' version of Blade Runner, dismissing it as merely being re-edited dubbing by Harrison over perhaps the original or along those lines.

Imagine my horror when the awful narration kicks in, it really does detract from the version we all grew to love :eek:

He even muses after Batty's epilogue....which almost ruins the impact (but of course can't - it's impossible)

I thought a few images would do this thread some justice. RIP Rutger, thanks for the fond memories...

Batman Begins.jpegBlind_Fury_01-still_758_427_81_s.jpgHAUER-thumb-860xauto-16064.jpghitch1.pnghobo2.jpgthe-hitcher.jpgThe-Hitcher-Rutger-Hauer.jpg

Forgot about him in Batman Begins... Not anymore - I thought the old retro billboard and VHS cover was brilliant. That's how I remember it

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back