RIP 2 more Icons

Personally the biggest loss for me was Alan Rickman - a superb actor that I was absolutely devastated to see pass.

I'm sure MANY others will be completely gutted to see David Bowie leave us.

It has been a strange and loss filled year.

TP

It's been a hard year alright. We lost quite a lot of great artists and quite a lot of them unexpectedly. Please let next year be easier on us!

Also Watership Down author Richard Adams died today. He was 90 but still it's sad. That book was so iconic and not to mention the Movie which made me bawl when I was a child.

God I feel like a real bitch to say this but really I dont care... I didnt know them personally icons or not.

And its a part of life, you live and you will die at some stage. There is people out there, normal every day great people who have done amazing wonderful things, never known in the media, news and all that
because they were not icons of some sort and never will be known by majority of other's to have done wonders yet when it's a tv star, movie, singer or some shit its big news and like omg wow noooooooo so sad etc

/hides

God I feel like a real bitch to say this but really I dont care... I didnt know them personally icons or not.

And its a part of life, you live and you will die at some stage. There is people out there, normal every day great people who have done amazing wonderful things, never known in the media, news and all that
because they were not icons of some sort and never will be known by majority of other's to have done wonders yet when it's a tv star, movie, singer or some shit its big news and like omg wow noooooooo so sad etc

/hides

Last edited by a moderator:

/hides

Sure. Absolutely unfamiliar every day people pass every day
The attic thread isn't inherently prejudiced ...anyone can post about anyone's passing if they want to remark on others who have gone.
I sometimes list celebrities simply because being a universal forum there's often universal appeal. :)

I think with celebrities, especially musicians, we do feel a personal connection, even if we never met them in person or even saw them in concert. Their music was part of our youth, and part of the fabric of our lives, so the loss is personal on some level.

A number of the losses this year were younger than me. That always kind of hits you, and that goes for real life people too.

Kevin Smith (of Clerks fame) wrote that he was smitten with Carrie Fisher as a boy, and his bedroom was wall to wall posters and pictures of her. I'm sure he wasn't the only star-struck young lad out there.

KK, sorry for your family's loss. Never met your father-in-law, but I know what it's like to lose people, and I can always relate to that, whether I know them myself of not, I know they have family and friends that mourn them.

Sorry for your loss KK. My condolences to you and your family.

It was a horrible year with all the passing of icons. I look back at when I was younger and remember watching movies with David Bowie, my favorite was Labyrinth. And then the movies with Prince. It wasn't just the music industry that suffered losses, but many of the icon that passed away did fight for other causes.

In my opinion, the world has suffered losses by their passing.

All the best,
LH

Yes the world has suffered losses especially in random bombings, terrorists and as you know the list just does go on and on.

Celebs get older like we all do and more will die this yr like every other yr as well.
Human life is just too short and need to be grateful to experience a new day and cherish it and those around us! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back