Ridiculous Sands of the Caribbean offer...

dickens1298

Dormant account
Earlier this morning I received an email offer from Sands of the Caribbean. They're offering a $100 match offer...for video poker enthusiasts...

Sounds good initially.. until you read that the wagering requirements are...

$15,000. That is 150X the bonus, or 75X bonus plus deposit. And only video poker play fulfills the WR.

Ludicrous.
 

paul1

Dormant account
dickens1298 said:
Earlier this morning I received an email offer from Sands of the Caribbean. They're offering a $100 match offer...for video poker enthusiasts...

Sounds good initially.. until you read that the wagering requirements are...

$15,000. That is 150X the bonus, or 75X bonus plus deposit. And only video poker play fulfills the WR.

Ludicrous.
Got the same offer, of course. As I thought of it, I realized their monthly bonus is $100 for $6000 action. (if they don't decide after the fact that you are a bonus abuser). So geez, why would anyone want to go for this $15000 wagering requirement when they could do the other for $6000, unless perhaps you would get both $100 bonuses. Given the recent issue of them not giving bonuses after the fact, I just decided, "Thanks anyway but I think I'LL PASS." :)
 

GrandMaster

Ueber Meister
CAG
I think you would get both bonuses, and Crypto double bonus poker already has a small edge for the player if you include comp points, so it is not a bad deal for the serious VP player.
 

GrandMaster

Ueber Meister
CAG
I am aware of the issue, but I have not had any problems. When there was a similar promotion in the past, I did get both the monthly bonus and the game bonus for the same wagering and I still have not been called a bonus abuser.
 

dickens1298

Dormant account
GrandMaster said:
I am aware of the issue, but I have not had any problems. When there was a similar promotion in the past, I did get both the monthly bonus and the game bonus for the same wagering and I still have not been called a bonus abuser.
Candidly, I've played at both Omni and Sands to take advantage of their bonuses, and haven't been labelled a bonus abuser either. Guess it was my lucky day... ;)

Grandmaster, did you take advantage of the past weekend bonus offer? Was curious if you COULD take advantage of both bonuses. I was also unaware that Sands offers a $100 after $6000 in play - although I knew that its sister casino Omni offers a $100 bonus after $4000 in play.
 

paul1

Dormant account
caruso said:
Funny. You missed my issue, I take it?

See post 2 above.
Ok. I just read it. I'm wondering, is the trigger to "bonus abuse status" really the fact of playing blackjack? Is this what they're trying to weed out?

Also, how did you get yourself thrown out of 49er? lol They haven't had a bonus for quite awhile. Just wondering.
 

caruso

Banned User - repetitive violations of 1.6 - troll
paul1 said:
Also, how did you get yourself thrown out of 49er? lol They haven't had a bonus for quite awhile. Just wondering.
I didn't even know I had been at the time. In that combative email I received from support, they mentioned being "blocked from 49er", which was the first I knew of it. I may have an account there, but in fact I've never actually played on it.

At Sands it was "deposit abuse", and at 49er it was apparently "no-play abuse". They certainly believe in treating their customers just about as disrespectfully and badly as possible.

And FTR: Sands Of The Caribbean never gave any explanations as to why they categorically allowed me the promo pre-play, only to categorically deny it post-play.

I figure they figured they'd just keep their heads down and carry on milking it on the "accredited casinos" list here.

I wonder if Peak Rewards will have any reps at any of the various upcoming Vegas conferences? I'd love to stop by and chat.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top