Review of ClubUBT

bb28

Dormant Account
Like a lot of people I like to play Poker, but with the climate in the USA as of late, I haven't been playing much due to it being such a pain to deposit. :eek: I came across ClubUBT which I believe is associated with UltimateBet. It's unique in that you pay a membership monthly fee of 19.95. Legal in the USA...I think so because of the membership fees.

You are awarded points depending on your play and then you can turn those points around and use them to enter bigger tourneys for prizes and cash depending on your point level. Good concept...it is, but I was disappointed to say the least. I signed up, got a two week (I think) trial, played a lot the first week, collected quite a few points, but there weren't really enough games to play that many points on. The bigger games, such as for a blue ray DVD player, $500 or $1000 only happen every two or three days. They do have one big $10,000 tourney a month, but whoopee doo....it's not hard to get the points to enter that. Most of the time they are not enough qualifying players so you are in the big one automatically. I just signed on and at 9:45 PM on a Sunday night there are only 697 players. It's so not worth it as it is right now. I cancelled my membership before being billed. No regrets!

As of today I'm trying out PurePlay....same concept. They do have a lot more games and tourneys going on. A daily $5000 and $1000 and lots of smaller ones. I'll let you know.:cool:

Nice idea, but I think I will stick with the real poker game. There are still many of them that take US players.

club UBT is pretty awesome looking. I'll sign up for an account.
I wondered when the big name poker sites would move to subscription based play. UBT is UltimateBet correct?
NLOP.com and Betzip (now pureplay) have been there for about a year with subscription based play. Fraternitypoker.com is on the horizon as well with subscription play.

Try the site I work for. No membership fees but waaaaaay less prize money than pureplay or UBT.

Last edited:
I just signed up at clubUBT.

The game client is SUPER clunky and not nearly as well put together as the website is.

I joined a scheduled tourney that got canceled because there were only 4 players. I joined the ONLY SitnGo that had any players and took 20 minutes to fill the table. I was the 7th player so the 20 mins got spent waiting for 3 players.

...It would have been wise of them to use bots to achieve the outward appearance playability rather than have players experience an online ghosttown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back