Required Individual Obesity Ratings all Americans

Well, what is the point of that? If you are fat enough to be an increased health risk, any doctor should be able to see that when you walk in the door and shouldn't need an electronic record to tell him/her that.

Every doctor's office weighs you every time you come in anyways.

The national exchange - why? What for? It is not a good thing, appropriate security measures - geez, like records with "appropriate security measures" don't get hacked every day of the week.

I already explained why the need for EHR and if you don't want it shared maybe you can send a letter in to your congressman for an opt out clause to be added in.

I don't really have a problem with medical records being on a system of some kind. I've seen people on a bunch of conflicting medicines because the doctors weren't communicating. Medical records on some sort of central database with instant access will probabally save some lives.

The BMI thing is a little worrisome but not the end of the world so stop with the foxnews panic and fear tactics.

The kids now are way fat, I've noticed it and been saying it for a few years long before the dizzy liberals made it their thing. Kids need to get out and run a little and get off the video games and soda.

I didn't like where the country was headed in 2004 and now it seems even worse. I say we ban all liberals and conservatives to the island as they all make me sick.

The kids now are way fat, I've noticed it and been saying it for a few years long before the dizzy liberals made it their thing. Kids need to get out and run a little and get off the video games and soda.

The problem is the ones who aren't way fat are WAY too skinny. Girls for the most part. I used to drop my son off at school and wonder why there were so many anorexics milling about outside. I also always thought how glad I was I had a son and not a daughter, I would not want to be a 15 year old girl these days, if you aren't skeleton thin you are a cow. There needs to be a happy medium.

I go to check my mail and see this article.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Pretty interesting, especially the paragraph under this..."Leanness Law No. 2: Don’t Eat Plastic"

Great article, thanks for sharing it. This paragraph is one of the things people should understand about the food in our society and how it has become the culprit causing the fat in people. Even fresh picked fruit! I recommend more people read this.

Thanks Just Play!

But your endocrine system is a finely tuned instrument that can easily be thrown off-kilter. "Obesogens are thought to act by hijacking the regulatory systems that control body weight," says Frederick vom Saal, Ph.D., curators’ professor of biological sciences at the University of Missouri. That’s why endocrine disruptors are so good at making us fat — and that’s why diet advice doesn’t always work — because even strictly following the smartest traditional advice won’t lower your obesogen exposure. See, an apple a day may have kept the doctor away 250 years ago when Benjamin Franklin included the phrase in his almanac. But if that apple comes loaded with obesity-promoting chemicals — nine of the ten most commonly used pesticides are obesogens, and apples are one of the most pesticide-laden foods out there — then Ben’s advice is way out of date.

The obesogen effect is the reason why traditional diet advice — choose chicken over beef, eat more fish, load up on fruits and vegetables — may not work anymore. This is why we’re calling for a New American Diet.

Do you know even if you wash your fruits and veggys there are still pesticides on them? Some of them even seep right through the skin.

I tried a garden last year, but even farmers were having a rough time last year...too much rain. So I did another one this year, I just don't have a green thumb :( my thumb color is the darkest black you have ever seen. :(

Someone told me to try a different spot in my yard, maybe next year.

I go to check my mail and see this article.

Pretty interesting, especially the paragraph under this..."Leanness Law No. 2: Don’t Eat Plastic"

I don't suppose theres any use in trying to get that crap out of our food sources? helloooo. I mean our roach and termite insecticides are so weak the warranty went from 8 or 10 years to 1 or 2 years so why so much in our food? JFK put this nation on a diet in the 60's by putting P.E. in our schools but nowadays I'm afraid the only exercise some kids get is for their lips on the phone. kinda like my fingers on this pc. I got the skinniest fingers you've ever seen.

ps. if I could get estrogen like my mom took safely for 50 years (and she's still going) you all wouldn't be like bamboo toothpicks under my fingernails quite as often.

Last edited:
How many people use filtered water to water their vegetable gardens with, or their fruit and nut trees, likely none.
Even if you did, you would still get flouride in the water, because it is one chemical that can't be filtered.

Also on the link Just Play posted, it didn't mention that plastic drinking bottles also leach hormones and other things in the water when the bottle warms up, like sitting in your car or during transport. Unless they are kept cold from the moment the bottles are made, filled, stored, sold and used, they are leaching female hormones and plastic substances in the water.

Felicie, I'm trying to figure out what you meant in your ps?

LOL I forgot to put big grin on end of it sorry. don't mind me. they're pulling 2 roofs off the last few days and me and the cats feel like chicken littles worst nightmare has come true. and now they're drilling in my newly tiled bathroom. chicken little with a cavity. :oops:

Do you know even if you wash your fruits and veggys there are still pesticides on them? Some of them even seep right through the skin.

I tried a garden last year, but even farmers were having a rough time last year...too much rain. So I did another one this year, I just don't have a green thumb :( my thumb color is the darkest black you have ever seen. :(

Someone told me to try a different spot in my yard, maybe next year.

And what drives this farmer out is the bugs. creepy things. one time on my cherry tomatoes they were covered with what looked like hairy ants! I said thats it. but of course it is food so you're suppose to ask them nicely to leave I guess. I got a bunch of those blueberry bushes that would supposedly grow in my area but what I ended up with was brown little bushes and lots of cat grass. my daughter did plant corn right outside MY bedroom window once - it was delicious but kinda creepy.LOL A different spot? yeah maybe over by the dog poop would be better. :D
Let's just have a V8 :thumbsup:

So why was the corn by the bedroom window kinda creepy? :confused: That is too funny!

The hubby had purchased organic seeds and he always plants way to much in the small space he has for the garden. Nothing like finding a 4 foot zucchini hidden under the jungle! :p

But the home grown veggies and fruits are so much better. Worth evicting the little critters from.

The problem is the ones who aren't way fat are WAY too skinny. Girls for the most part. I used to drop my son off at school and wonder why there were so many anorexics milling about outside. I also always thought how glad I was I had a son and not a daughter, I would not want to be a 15 year old girl these days, if you aren't skeleton thin you are a cow. There needs to be a happy medium.

definitely....

mainstream media makes it seem as if skinny is "healthy" and is the definition of "beautiful," and what do we end up with? A nation of teenage girls with eating disorders because they honestly think that being 5 pounds overweight equates to them being a "cow."

Errrr, slight derail here... Did you know...
The health care premiums you pay for will be calculated and added onto your earned income starting in 2011.
Ex.: you pay $500 a month for health insurance = $6000 added to your income, probably putting you into a higher tax bracket. If you get employer discounted insurance, your employer will be required to report to the IRS how much they pay in for you and you will be taxed accordingly.

THIS is how they plan on paying for the insurance so EVERYONE can be insured.

NY tried to pass an obesity tax this year. Tax on regular soda, juices containing a certain percentage of sugar, etc. Thank goodness it failed. We are paying taxes on just about everything. The next tax will be on the air we breath, when they can figure out an average of air intake/person.

when obamacare was frist passed i came on here and told people that things were going to go up. and i was told that i was running sceard and that none of it was ture and i did,nt know what i was talking about. i was jumped on by some many people saying i was nuts and that i would belive anything that i read that i just stoped posting about it. so now the truth is coming to light and people weather you belive it or not its going to get wrose. this obamacare is going to cost you. and i read something yesterday that said even tho obama said you could keep the same doctor what i read was its going to cost you more in order to do that alot more. so people get ready for a bumpy ride caz its just starting.

Errrr, slight derail here... Did you know...
The health care premiums you pay for will be calculated and added onto your earned income starting in 2011.
Ex.: you pay $500 a month for health insurance = $6000 added to your income, probably putting you into a higher tax bracket. If you get employer discounted insurance, your employer will be required to report to the IRS how much they pay in for you and you will be taxed accordingly.

THIS is how they plan on paying for the insurance so EVERYONE can be insured.

NY tried to pass an obesity tax this year. Tax on regular soda, juices containing a certain percentage of sugar, etc. Thank goodness it failed. We are paying taxes on just about everything. The next tax will be on the air we breath, when they can figure out an average of air intake/person.

That's too funny, because everytime I turn on the TV I have some very bony person announce some show about really fat people going to a camp that makes them exercise 10 hours a day because they are such fat slobs and need to be made to push themselves to the point of heart attacks. A slew of doctors stands by to revive them...

A lot of movie stars are skeletons and end up in hospitals because of eating disorders, and I looked at an old soap and saw the people that used to be attractively thin 10 years ago - mere shadows of themselves.

The news say people are being kicked off airplanes for being too fat.

Some shows have nicely thin teens put on fat suits and go out looking to be ridiculed.

How can that be promoting obesity?

Obviously food joints will produce whatever sells and promote it. I hardly think that is a "nation" promoting obesity.

The fact is that we know very little about what actually causes some folk to be overweight. All the diets in the world have temporary results, the body readjusts as soon as the regimen is stopped.

In my youth I spent some 15 years starving myself and living exlusively off salads without dressing and raw veggies and lean, tiny pieces of meat. I looked great and was very sickly, aquired a lot of allergies, digestive disorders and infections.

Then I started eating like a normal person and the weight grew exponentially and immediately. The body craved protection against future times of starvation. My allergies, digestive orders and infections all but quit. My disposition became much better, I am pretty much a happy go lucky type person.

Now I am overweight and happy and healthy. There is no way anyone can move me to become sickly and unhappy again. My body is the weight it wants to be now, and it has maintained that same weight for many years. I should get more exercise since I sit in front of the computer and work way too much. But that applies to a lot of people with a thin body type also.

Yes, there are people with eating disorders that have them eating wayyy to much and all the wrong things. And there are people with eating disorders that have them starve themselves to the point of being sickly.

For now everything that is done to "fix" fat people has temporary effect and ultimately results in the opposite.

Maybe some day medicine will discover what really causes eating disorders. Maybe then they will find a "fix" and all of us will be the same weight and eat the same things and fit into a government prescribed norm.

anorexia_249305.jpg

i was like that when i was younger and again in my 40s. i would go 3 or 4 days and eat nothing just live on diet pepsi. one time i went from 125 down to 113 in 3 days. i have been that way all my life. then in my 40s when my ex husband was drinking himself to death i went from about 130 down to 95 pounds. but i know what caused that one i feel if i have no control in my life i can control one thing my eatting so i did by the time it was all said and done i could fit into a size 4 in the kids department. not a good thing.

This has nothing to do with norms. It's simply because it isn't healthy to be fat.

And I think they tried that skin color thing in Germany and South Africa, didn't really work out too well.

you r right its not good to be that way but some people can,t help it and also speaking from the other side its not that great to be skinny eather. i also have a 2 year old who has d.s and they r almost always overweight and its not cause by eatting too much it caused by the d.s. whats the goverment going to do about them oh wait i already know how the goverment feels about kids like mine.

:
Geez louise! Who cares whose fat for crissake. The really big problem here is that the American govt. has no business being in our business. We can't smoke, gamble, and now eat maybe among many other things and the only reason we can still drink is cause they're all frickin alcoholics in Washington. You know what keeps you slim? Sex lots of sex but don't tell the govt. or they'll get in the middle of that too. :rolleyes:

:lolup: please please don,t tell my hubby that he,ll never let me out of bed. rotflmao

One site with some very interesting reading. One subject deals directly with attitudes such as Karirunk has demonstrated and no I am not attacking you, just pointing out that there are those that are swayed so easily as to be used for the agenda of separation in peoples, again, through prejudice, threats and intimidation. Such a subtle yet veracious way of tearing down the unity of people, keeping us fighting and arguing, so as to never look at who the hell threw the rock in the first place.

Almost every destructive agenda being promoted in America today is being advanced, not through logical argument, but intimidation....The president, a disciple of Saul Alinsky, and his administration rely heavily on ridicule, which is very intimidating. (Remember rule No. 5 from Alinsky's... Rules for Radicals: 'Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.')
"When normal citizens opposed Obama's unprecedented power grab right after inauguration, his Department of Homeland Security labeled them 'right-wing extremists' and terror threats.... Oppose the gay activist agenda... and you're branded a 'hater' and morally equivalent to a racist....

Creating fataphobics that just spew out their prejudice towards people who are not an ideal weight is just playing right into the hands of those that would have us going at each other.

While this attitude is being cultivated, more laws, regulations and restrictions are being slipped in under the radar.
So the whole point is the government has stepped beyond what is allowable and acceptable.

Their attitude towards the US citizens is very well demonstrated on a google video where Bush jr stated on camera, "Don't throw the Constitution in my face, it's just a gd piece of paper". I would have to find the video but it truly reflects that by this statement, our wants, needs and rights are in dire straits and with each passing law, we are being imprisoned in our own homes and lives.

When Adolf Hitler was building up the Nazi movement in the 1920s... he deliberately sought to activate people who did not normally pay much attention to politics. ...they were particularly susceptible to Hitler's rhetoric and had far less basis for questioning his assumptions or his conclusions. 'Useful idiots' was the term supposedly coined by V.I. Lenin to describe similarly unthinking supporters....

"The president's poll numbers are going down because increasing numbers of people disagree with particular policies of his, but the damage being done to the fundamental structure of this nation goes far beyond particular counterproductive policies.

God Bless America! For no one else will............

very very ture my hubby has said the same thing

I guess I was lucky when I was young. I had a super high metabolism and could eat anything I wanted and not gain an ounce. That passed when I hit my late 20s, and it's actually speeding up again now, for some reason, at 38. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back