Republicans are Facing a tough Battle for Congress!

GamTrak

Banned User - flamming - too anoyaing
PABaccred
WASHINGTON The economic upheaval is threatening to topple Republican Congressional candidates, putting more Senate and House seats within Democratic reach less than a month before the elections, lawmakers and campaign strategists say. Analysts now predict a Democratic surge on a scale that seemed unlikely just weeks ago, with even some Republicans in traditional strongholds fighting for their political careers, and Democratic leaders dreaming of ironclad majorities. :gunmen:

In North Carolina, Senator Elizabeth Dole, a former Republican presidential contender and cabinet member, is teetering. In Kentucky, the opponent of the Senate Republican leader, Mitch McConnell, has drawn even in some polls, though Republicans say they believe he will win. :sniper:

In the House, Democrats say they could capture a dozen of the 26 Republican seats left open by retirements, and challengers are closing in on Republican incumbents in Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Michigan, Nevada, New York and elsewhere. :yahoo:

The last week has severely damaged Republican candidates, said Stuart Rothenberg, a nonpartisan analyst who predicts that Democrats could gain as many as six to nine Senate seats and 25 to 30 House seats. Everything points to warning signals for Republicans. :cheers:

If such projections by Mr. Rothenberg and others are realized, it would push Senate Democrats tantalizingly close to the filibuster-proof 60-vote majority that has eluded Senate leaders since the late 1970s. While the environment could change again in the remaining weeks, recent polling suggests a fundamental shift, with Republicans absorbing more of the blame for the economic uncertainty. :lolup:

At the same time, the political arms of Congressional Republicans are being outspent their House organization recently borrowed $8 million and have fewer targets, with only a handful of Democrats in Florida, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin and in potential trouble. :lolsign:

Republicans are understandably nervous. :axeman:

Senator John Ensign of Nevada, chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said he was encouraging candidates to stay positive and run like you are 10 points down, which in some cases they are. You dont have to scare people this election cycle, Mr. Ensign said. As far as our candidates, they know to take this seriously. :machinegu

Strategists for both parties say Republican House and Senate candidates are being hurt by the dip in support for Senator John McCain at the top of the ticket, frustrating Republicans who had initially viewed Mr. McCain as a strong asset who could appeal to independents and even moderate Democrats and protect Republicans in a tough year. :poke:

Republicans say they could still limit losses by arguing to voters that Democrats would pursue a tax-heavy agenda if they were to strengthen their grip on Washington and by pointing to Democratic fault in the economic situation.

Seize every opportunity to hold Democrats accountable for their role in creating the economic crisis, Representative John A. Boehner of Ohio, the Republican leader, urged his colleagues in a memorandum distributed Wednesday. :confused:

But the numbers illustrate a stark challenge for Republicans.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Funny how so many people put all their eggs in the political race for the Presidency and forget about the Congress.

If we want to truly change America, we NEED to root out all these congress people that have entrenched themselves in Congress.

I actually received a letter from one of my Congressmen, explaining to me that he did not go to Washington to do the peoples bidding, he went to congress so he he could do what "HE" thought was right, no matter what the people that elected him want... I know that sounds amazing but it is totally true.

People with that attitude in congress need to go.
Congressmen and women need to remember just who works for who in this country.
Congress does the peoples bidding... not the other way around.

You are exactly right! :)

I have 57 Congress members that are on my list to get out of office and they are from both parties. :thumbsup:

Only 57?

I can't think of a single congressman or woman that deserves to be reelected.

When I say clean house I mean CLEAN HOUSE!... get rid of every damn one of them and start over clean.

The inexperienced citizens can't do a worse job than the A-holes we have in there now.

When I say clean house I mean CLEAN HOUSE!... get rid of every damn one of them and start over clean.

The inexperienced citizens can't do a worse job than the A-holes we have in there now.
I agree, but I'm not sure if we can do that in this election. We can shoot for 2010 though. :lolup:

Your right, it would take two election cycles to completely 'clean house'.

But imo we really do need to get people in power that are there for the people and the Country, and not just for special corporate interest groups.

Think about this:

The Congress with lowest approval ratings in history...
is making one of the biggest decisions in the history of our country.

This Congress that no one in their right mind thinks is doing a good or even adequate job with a 7% approval rating (with a margin of error of +-6).

is giving away far more money to the super ultra rich (that special .05% of the population) than we actually have....

We are going to let these morons in Congress, that no one agrees with or thinks are doing a good job, actually Socialize our Financial and Banking systems and make permanent changes to our entire system of Government in their last few days in power...

Anyone else see a problem with this?

I wonder how things would be if campaign "donations" from ANY special interest groups were banned. Maybe then they'd actually have to put in some hard work to get money coming in, and would push for what's right for their country, NOT their wallets.

We also have to keep the Lobbyist in mind as well. They are the start of the problem. :thumbsup:

Lobbying
From Wikipedia

Lobbying includes all attempts to influence legislators and officials, whether by other legislators, constituents or organized groups. Governments often define and regulate organized group lobbying.

BTW the 57 Congressional members on my list are the ones that voted YES on the $700bn bailout AFTER they porked it up by $150bn. :sob:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back