Remembrance Sunday

Nothing annoys me more than hearing on tv or reading in the media about how a footballer has had a good game, how he’s been heroic in his performance etc when in all honestly the true heroes are the men and women who serve their countries and are prepared to put their lives on the line so that the rest of us can live our lives as we choose.
To all soldiers and police men and woman , past or present , you are the true heroes and we should all be thankful that you cared so much about your community, your country, that you put your lives on the line .
I know there are several ex service men on CM , thank you for what you did for ordinary people like me.

My father served in the Air force. He told me his best friend died on the beaches of Normandy. He also told me about living through the great depression.

I just watched the Battle of Britian last night on NewsMax. Should be mandatory for every young person.

My Grandfather served in the Army during WWII, lost his arm and died fairly young.

My father then served with the Army Air Corps with finally me joining the WRAC, which was disbanded and I became RAOC, which was disbanded and renamed RLC (Really Large Corps), not really was Royal Logistic Corps :)

I served 13 years in Berlin, NI, Cyprus, BATUS Canada, Falklands, Gulf and UK.

My great great Uncle who went out into no mans land repeatedly and saved the lives of 9 men by dragging them back.For his actions he was awarded the Victoria Cross.
He has a statue in my local Town hall. I remembered them all at 11 this morning
View attachment 144622
Holy shit, that’s a mega big deal and only the highest level of respect can be paid to such a warrior.

Holy shit, that’s a mega big deal and only the highest level of respect can be paid to such a warrior.
I would love to have thought that I would have done the same but I am sure that I would have failed. My contribution was being in the Territorial's before being too distracted by my profession. Catterick Garrison?

I would love to have thought that I would have done the same but I am sure that I would have failed. My contribution was being in the Territorial's before being too distracted by my profession. Catterick Garrison?
Never underestimate yourself or anyone else mate in a situation that’s threatening, you would be surprised what we are capable of.

Remembrance Day is on 11/11 for us in Belgium. At 11am we remember the fallen from WWI and WWII.

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw