Refund email from Skrill is this a scam ?

Deeplay

New World Order
webmeister
CAG
mm1
Hi got an email today from news.skrill (.com)

see image just wondering if the URL or email is a scam ? its asking for bank details to refund me for errors on currency exchange rates - thing is aint used Skrill in probably 10 or 12 years - just wondering ? site seems secure but you never know .
cheers

skrill.PNG

I'd say 99% it's a phishing scam. If you've not used Skrill for over 10 years why are these issues only coming to light now?
As Bamber says - forward the email to Skrill.

That looks like a scam to me. The 'mysalesforce-sites' looks like it is not a site from Skrill.

Try Skrill support, they will tell you :)
yeah emailed skrill it seems like mysalforce is a CMS operation. Which would be surprised to see a company like skrill use - reminds me of the NHS scam earlier last year.

I didn't get this specific email as I have an active skrill account, but I was refunded about ÂŁ2200, and it was paid into my account, which i then withdrew in the usual manner.

I guess if your account is "dormant" and you can't log in, you should contact support directly and not by the link just to be safe.

But they are doing refunds for transaction fees. mine came from skrill@news.skrill.com

Here is the content of the email.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 172231.png

100% scam. The trick is to make you login using your Skrill account. Your presented with a fake page and they can guide you to make an actual payment to somewhere else.

Well its not a scam it seems as Skrill responded to my support message :

Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team.

We would like to confirm that the email you have received is legitimate.

Our terms and conditions for Skrill were not clear enough in explaining how we set our exchange rate so you paid more than you should have done. The terms and conditions referred to the Reuters rate as the rate we were using for currency conversions and we were instead using a reference exchange rate set by us. We have now updated our terms and conditions to confirm how our exchange rates are set.

To put things right, we have arranged for 0.5% of all relevant currency exchange transactions to be refunded to you. We have also added 8% per annum simple interest to the amount of the currency exchange transaction being refunded from the date of each transaction. This will put you in the position you would have been in if our exchange rates had been set in the way previously described in our terms and conditions.

The refund will be in your Skrill account within 10 days. You can receive the refunded amount by contacting us to reactivate your Skrill account or by providing your bank account details via this form
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Please advise if you would like to reactivate your account or prefer a refund to the bank account directly.

Kind regards,

Silviya

Skrill Help Team

100% scam. The trick is to make you login using your Skrill account. Your presented with a fake page and they can guide you to make an actual payment to somewhere else.
no they are not asking me to login to my skrill account as I closed it years ago they are asking for bank details to process the refunds. And I opened a support ticket on Skrills website and they replied confirming it is legit.

Well its not a scam it seems as Skrill responded to my support message :

Wow. While it's good that they're repaying people (possibly to avoid mass legal action?) I would have thought anything more than six years ago could legally be written off. Please don't tell me a major financial services company has morals!!

Hmm, strange I just got a notification they made a mistake and will be corrected. Got a few hundreds of Euros back, automatically though.

I have not had an email yet :( I hope I get one, I did just login to my account and create a case and asked if I am due a refund for transaction fees...... Lets wait and see. Would be nice cos I used it a lot for a few years paid a lot of fees :(

It is 100% NOT a scam.

I had the very same e-mail sometime last year and had about ÂŁ30 appear in my Skrill a few days later.

It was a refund of Skrill fees mounted up due to incorrect currency conversion fees Skrill customers had basically been "over charged"

If you're a regular user @DreamRJ -look out you may well get a refund, they seem to be spreading the cost and taking their time as mine came a good few months after my wife got her refund.

It is 100% NOT a scam.

I had the very same e-mail sometime last year and had about ÂŁ30 appear in my Skrill a few days later.

It was a refund of Skrill fees mounted up due to incorrect currency conversion fees Skrill customers had basically been "over charged"

If you're a regular user @DreamRJ -look out you may well get a refund, they seem to be spreading the cost and taking their time as mine came a good few months after my wife got her refund.
Yeah and because I dont have an account with them anymore the rep offered to open my skrill back up for the refund or direct bank transfer. I will chose the latter as dont want to re open skrill as I wouldnt use it.

I just got one of these too , same one as neilw. For the vast amount of Gbp 0.12p. (plus interest!)

I rarely used Skrill and I dont think i'll miss this large sum of money. :laugh:

Yes, I had a "mystery refund" as well from both Neteller and Skrill in December 2022.

I assumed they had got in trouble for their LUDICROUS rip-off exchange rates and were forced to repay us poor impoverished punters... :rolleyes:

KK

no they are not asking me to login to my skrill account as I closed it years ago they are asking for bank details to process the refunds. And I opened a support ticket on Skrills website and they replied confirming it is legit.

You are so naive. In the URL there's salesforce, what is sales force again?

Salesforce Sites enables you to create public websites and applications that are directly integrated with your Salesforce organization—without requiring users to log in with a username and password. You can publicly expose any information stored in your organization through a branded URL of your choice

It's a free service where anyone can put up a website. And you think a organisation like skrill would be using a free website builder to let users login to?

Here, read again:

screenshot-2023-03-28-6-14-36-pm-png.181176

Code:
https://consumer-paysafe.my.salesforce-sites.com/BankAccoutRequestFormSkrill

Above is a crafted page to steal your personal details - how can you say it's legit from Skrill?

You are so naive. In the URL there's salesforce, what is sales force again?

It's a free service where anyone can put up a website. And you think a organisation like skrill would be using a free website builder to let users login to?

Here, read again:

screenshot-2023-03-28-6-14-36-pm-png.181176

Code:
https://consumer-paysafe.my.salesforce-sites.com/BankAccoutRequestFormSkrill

Above is a crafted page to steal your personal details - how can you say it's legit from Skrill?

Because it is!

I have no clue about if this whole thing is legit or not, but I received a mail without having to provide any bank details. Generally I am suspicious for any kind of offers and announcements that seem "too generous", so I thought it must be a scam and closed my skrill account that I did not use since about a year. Since some members here say they got this kind of refund I reopened my account and will contact them to ask about this matter.

We want to fix it. We're giving you a refund.
To put things right, we have arranged for 0.5% of all relevant currency exchange transactions to be refunded to you. We have also added 8% per annum simple interest to the amount of the currency exchange transaction being refunded from the date of each transaction. This will put you in the position you would have been in if our exchange rates had been set in the way previously described in our terms and conditions.

EUR 409.75 plus applicable interest will be credited to your account.
The refund will be in your Skrill account within 10 days. For a period of 90 days from the date the amount is credited to your account, your next withdrawal will be fee free and so you can withdraw some or all of the refunded amount with zero withdrawal fees.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
if you need assistance withdrawing the funds.

Cheers

Balky

I received an email saying that I was due 89p and it has now been credited to my Skrill account. Better not go spending it all at once 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back