Really??

calizz

Dormant account
Hey Now!

Really- this is my first post here? Usually can't get me to STFU!! ;)

Hope everyone is cool and having a groovy weekend!

Brian, is ALMOST FAMOUS still up there in your fav movies? It's my favorite movie.. Was never a writer or "band-aid" but I was going to Tons of arena shows back then.. Now I go to small clubs...Unless Bowie or/and NIN were playing! Talk about memory rush!!!

See ya,

Liz
xox

Hey Calizz

Simmo's interesting fact of the day. I once worked with someone who stood David Bowie up (before he was really famous).

Welcome to Meister :thumbsup:

Cheers

Simmo!

Lizz!! Welcome to CM's place! Glad you decided to post after all these years.
:thumbsup:

(You know me... Just ask Silky. :D )

Hi Liz! Welcome! My interesting fact for the day is that Eddie Rabbit (country music star) hit on my friend when she was visiting Texas. He's dead now. I don't think she had anything to do with that.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys

Was it a male or female Simmo?
I once worked with someone who stood David Bowie up
cause the 'most hetro' guys I know would all do BOWIE :notworthy

One or two more music facts... I knew Cherie Currie of the Runaways before they got together- then knew them all.. Bunch of 16 yr. old brats being led by Kim Foley (creep) RIP Sandy West. She was a great rock drummer, but just couldn't stay clean. Lost her last yr.

I'm in Punk Rock history.. Went to see my FAV. rock band -X- couple yrs. ago and they made a DVD- X Live In Los Angeles. They got a few shots of me. Having a Blast in the front of the pit :D

And I've become freinds with The guitar player Billy Zoom :notworthy (and his wife).. Ray Manzarik <sp> of The Doors has managed X for 25 years now. Small world!

"If I have to explain-you wouldn't understand" Not a clue who first said it!

Hey Now!

I meet Iggy pop , Tim Armstrong and Mike Ness in Hollywood
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Mike is such a nice man! So glad he didn't become another rock casuality!!!

And Iggy? Well- nuff said! :lolup:

Billy Zoom plays guitar on Social Distortions Dope Fiend Blues (I think thats the tune)

Cheers,
Liz
xox

Hi Liz,

Welcome to the forum - and yes "Almost Famous" is a very cool movie. Reminds me of my high school days in CA. :D

Hey Now!

i remember the riot at katella high school in anaheim when black flag showed up to play at there lunch time concert....

Ahhhh I remember that!!!

Yes the lapd can be pretty aweful.. I remember seeing the Dead Kennedys- at The Paladium.. The skins across the street starting throwing beer bottles at the punks. lapd took it out on the punks!

Needless to say what I think of skin heads, or the majority of them anyway

Hey Brian- what part of CA did you live?

Last edited:
Ahhhh I remember that!!!

Yes the lapd can be pretty aweful.. I remember seeing the Dead Kennedys- at The Paladium.. The skins across the street starting throwing beer bottles at the punks. lapd took it out on the punks!

Needless to say what I think of skin heads, or the majority of them anyway

Hey Brian- what part of CA did you live?
I grew up in Los Altos in the SF Bay Area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back