New Slot Announcement Raging Rhino Megaways (WMS) First Look!

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
Our friendly Rapist is back, even more brutal than before!

Demo, if you know my YT channel you'll know where to find it.

Feature frequency I'd suggest is similar to B*n*nz* so be prepared for some bankroll bashing here!

There will be tears! :D :D

I just it played for hours alongside the DOAII Freerolls at VS and it is brutal at times!
72846-ed62419a61fd14399e1e5955d43d1ebd.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hard to please these days so currently 3/10

Too 'clunky' and laggy, horrible sound effects.

This being said, saw in the video its version 1.0 so possibilities to improve on my fault finding before general release, here's hoping!

It is the Beta version, hasn't got the complete text in the help files yet. So I assume and hope they will make it flow better because now it is quite horrendous.

As a games designer, I personally think they have got everything wrong here.

They have a pointless x5 wild. With the addition of the multiplier in the free games, it's just utterly unnecessary.

They should have triggered with 3, not 4. In the free games, 3 diamonds gives 8 spins, but you need 4 in the base game. This is just really bad game design. Why would you change this from the original? It makes no sense.

Also, what is the reason for the extra reel at the top... it does nothing. There are Wilds everywhere, retriggers on all reels, so it is utterly pointless other than to make it "look like bonanza".

This game could have been great, but with Red7 at the helm it was always unlikely. The result is sadly woeful... expect this to start well and fall off a cliff.

They have a pointless x5 wild. With the addition of the multiplier in the free games, it's just utterly unnecessary.

They should have triggered with 3, not 4. In the free games, 3 diamonds gives 8 spins, but you need 4 in the base game. This is just really bad game design. Why would you change this from the original? It makes no sense.

Also, what is the reason for the extra reel at the top... it does nothing. There are Wilds everywhere, retriggers on all reels, so it is utterly pointless other than to make it "look like bonanza".

This game could have been great, but with Red7 at the helm it was always unlikely. The result is sadly woeful... expect this to start well and fall off a cliff.

The four trigger is from BTG, just as the 3-retrigger in the round. I assume that made the design easier as they did not change a variable. The horizontal reel is again one variable they did not change. Low-cost production in the hope to have an iconic gold mine slot making them even more money. :rolleyes:

It plays in an awful staccato-style, really hope they improve it in the final version.

They could have gone for a Primal-layout and style which would have been much better IMO.

This is what I thought almost to the tee!:eek:. Why on earth is it 4 diamonds to trigger instead of the three? 5x you never get, just make it 2x and 3x. The look of Bonanza with the reel on top is o.k. but can see why it would be bad as well.

Must admit from first look it does not look great.

Might be better on release. Will have to be as tho it was a popular slot to compete with other megaways it needs to be good and add something different. If it doesn't play great on release do not see it being popular as although it has the name it looks old now compared to newer generation of slots.

For the love of God, If you liked the original one please do not touch this...I think we all will be utterly disappointed.
Another game raped by the Megaways greed system.
Will not even play this.

Did close to 1000 spins on the Book of Ra Megaways with devastating results for my bankroll.

Going more to local b&m's now as online slotting turns into a big pile of greedy slot developers all horny to get a piece of the pie from the Megaways license.

Our friendly Rapist is back, even more brutal than before!

Demo, if you know my YT channel you'll know where to find it.

Feature frequency I'd suggest is similar to B*n*nz* so be prepared for some bankroll bashing here!

Honestly, from the Video, im not too impressed. The game somehow appears "clunky" is the best way i can describe it, 8 spins sounds pretty meh too. Whats the point of keeping the 10x Bonus guarantee? Nobody ever liked it, it just feels like a "here you go, bugger off". Would have done a whole lot better by doing it the same way Blueprint does it with primal -- retrigger the Bonus entirely when you get a below 10x bonus (i think its if you are below 10x, could be wrong.) At least thats SOMETHING, perhaps even a little excitement or fun.

Also, I just triggered with 5 diamonds and still only got 8 free spins and a 3x start. So what is the point of starting with more than 4?!
I was actually wondering about that while seeing the video, the rules/paytable didnt list any bonus for more than 4 scatters so thats... questionable.

Honestly, from the Video, im not too impressed. The game somehow appears "clunky" is the best way i can describe it, 8 spins sounds pretty meh too. Whats the point of keeping the 10x Bonus guarantee? Nobody ever liked it, it just feels like a "here you go, bugger off". Would have done a whole lot better by doing it the same way Blueprint does it with primal -- retrigger the Bonus entirely when you get a below 10x bonus (i think its if you are below 10x, could be wrong.) At least thats SOMETHING, perhaps even a little excitement or fun.

I was actually wondering about that while seeing the video, the rules/paytable didnt list any bonus for more than 4 scatters so thats... questionable.

Yep, no prizes for any scatters, no extras for superfluous ones.

Last edited:
If you ask me RR is, if you analyse it, a guilty pleasure. Break it down into little pieces and apart from the concept tell me what’s good about it.

Don’t get me wrong when I started playing games online It was a slot I visited regularly (Have to say I never played the old version and it’s popularity obviously stemmed from there).That was until I realised that of all the slots I played this was the one that demolished my bankroll quicker than any other and seldom did I leave the game with a decent profit.

Break it down into what we look for in a slot and Imo it doesn’t tick any boxes. The base game is appalling at best. The bonus round is not over easy to trigger and given that it’s reasonably easy to retrigger must have the worst return of any slot pro rata. As in 35 spins = £4.20 etc. Therefore we are left with because of the potential and again like so many slots lately this one considering how popular it is/was falls into the category of doesn’t deliver. Look on the winners threads where are all the big wins?

Like I said the only thing that is brilliant about it is the concept. It has thousands of players transfixed but nobody can tell you why.

Imo slots are at saturation point. There is a fine line I think that people look for when playing a slot (people will differ for sure) and most of them want simplicity and to be getting a few quid back fairly regularly. This is not where slotting is heading. Look at most releases lately they are getting more and more complicated and drawn out. Yet within weeks of hitting the market they are gathering dust on the shelf.

Given most of these slots pay around 96% the main job for the providers is how to convince you you’re getting value for money. We all say it “oh I love that game” but this statement only means you are lucky on it or you like the light show because long term if they pay 96% one is no different from another, again all we are drawn to is the concept and potential and how well disguised they are in making losing money seem enjoyable.

Sorry I am bored:p.

If you ask me RR is, if you analyse it, a guilty pleasure. Break it down into little pieces and apart from the concept tell me what’s good about it.

Don’t get me wrong when I started playing games online It was a slot I visited regularly (Have to say I never played the old version and it’s popularity obviously stemmed from there).That was until I realised that of all the slots I played this was the one that demolished my bankroll quicker than any other and seldom did I leave the game with a decent profit.

Break it down into what we look for in a slot and Imo it doesn’t tick any boxes. The base game is appalling at best. The bonus round is not over easy to trigger and given that it’s reasonably easy to retrigger must have the worst return of any slot pro rata. As in 35 spins = £4.20 etc. Therefore we are left with because of the potential and again like so many slots lately this one considering how popular it is/was falls into the category of doesn’t deliver. Look on the winners threads where are all the big wins?

Like I said the only thing that is brilliant about it is the concept. It has thousands of players transfixed but nobody can tell you why.

Imo slots are at saturation point. There is a fine line I think that people look for when playing a slot (people will differ for sure) and most of them want simplicity and to be getting a few quid back fairly regularly. This is not where slotting is heading. Look at most releases lately they are getting more and more complicated and drawn out. Yet within weeks of hitting the market they are gathering dust on the shelf.

Given most of these slots pay around 96% the main job for the providers is how to convince you you’re getting value for money. We all say it “oh I love that game” but this statement only means you are lucky on it or you like the light show because long term if they pay 96% one is no different from another, again all we are drawn to is the concept and potential and how well disguised they are in making losing money seem enjoyable.

Sorry I am bored:p.

Fair points. Let me tell you that there will be some big wins on this but the majority will DETEST it! It's not as though the free games can drop in like confetti as before but you will still see a lot of BoGs here and a low win frequency in the free spins which means peaking at 3 or 4x multiplier will occur a lot! Add that to the fact you only get 8 free games and you really are going to find yourself getting that big horn forced inside you! The addition of a 5x Wild has made the FS round far more volatile than it needs to be, on top of the lower win frequency and only 8 initial spins just mentioned. It's retrigger or die here, and you don't get any extra spins, just a straight 8 for 3 scatters. This bastard is really going to get some fiery feedback eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back