Quit teasing the frog!

Was showing the frog vid to hubby and my old cat was sitting on the desk watching with interest. When the frog jumped and bit the finger, my cat jumped for the frog, rocking an external hard drive and she very nearly knocked my monitor over when she hit the screen.

I jumped to steady the external and monitor, the cat scrabbled to the other end of the desk (it's L shaped) sending papers flying, hubby started grabbing papers and knocked his mouse to the floor. The little battery cover flew off, batteries popped out and went spinning across the floor.

The old cat (now on the floor) is scurrying around playing hockey with the batteries. One was knocked under a big heavy storage unit which has only, maybe, half an inch clearance under it. (If we ever move the thing, we will be astounded at the numbers of ink pens, paper jibblets, cat toys and furry dust bunnies under it.) All the fishing (with a fly swatter) couldn't locate the battery. I'm sure it rolled to the back out of reach. (The cat was pleased that we did fish out a couple of pens, a note to pick up milk and cereal, and a nice dusty little furry mouse toy.)

We spent another 15 minutes fishing for the little battery cover which skittered under a file cabinet before we went searching for fresh batteries which we knew we had but couldn't remember where we'd stashed them.

Chayton, you're a troublemaker. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back