QT screwed up again and warning

bb28

Dormant Account
I'm :mad::mad::mad: at QT, so pardon me for venting a little.
I made a deposit Wed. night.....everything was fine.
I then tried to make another one and the website said it was denied, which hardly ever happens, so I thought OK, so I tried one more time, same amount. So I give up and just go to bed. (I use my debit card by the way.) Thursday morning I check my bank account and guess what is in my pending withdrawals......both of the transactions that did not go thru according to QT's website. My balance at QT is 0.00. I fired off an email to QT and they responded quickly and said they would look into it. I write back and ask how long is this going to take? I then get another reply that said we have given it to our processor, which mean.....how the hell should I know. Well it's Friday and the funds are still in my pending transactions, which means the funds might as well have been deducted......same thing with my bank. There is no credit showing in my pending transactions either even though my QT statement shows them as reversed. :mad:
Oh......and to top it all off......when I checked my pending transactions that morning, there was another deposit from last week.......that had already cleared several days ago showing as pending even though it had already cleared days ago. Geez. Well today the one from last week was out of my pending, but the two that didn't go thru are still there. That has happened before and they usually disappear within 3 days so just be aware out there. If I had checked my bank account after the first failed deposit then at least I would have known to not try the 2nd one and I wouldn't have those funds tied up in never never land.

RobWin

closed account
BB if the charges have not yet actually come out of your checking account, I would not worry about it, they are probably showing up in your checking account right now as something that looks like this...POS PRE-AUTH...which will not come out of your checking if QT says they were declined on their end and QT does not actually batch them thru...you may already know all of this though...all the bank does is just attach the funds for a few days to see if the charge actually comes thru or is generated on the other end by the point-of-sale terminal processor...hope this helps

lojo

Banned User - repetitive violations of <a href="ht
Keep us informed, but by all means don't flip a bitch like I did :)

Thanks for the info, I was almost going to go back to qt, but the fact is: once a Dubai AE transaction, always... I'm never going back, foris or no.

RobWin

closed account

Thanks for the info, I was almost going to go back to qt, but the fact is: once a Dubai AE transaction, always... I'm never going back, foris or no.

Lojo did you calm down man ? :cool: Did you get your money ?

lojo

Lojo did you calm down man ? :cool: Did you get your money ?

Moment please...
No, but (giving the benefit of the doubt) may be my first deposit... I have no recall at the moment, it would be their best excuse though.

bb28

Dormant Account

What is the Dubai reference about Lojo? I'm in the dark here.

RobWin

closed account
Ok....this may sound really blonde:what:, but why is that bad?

Personally, I don't think that it is...considering they are now our (the USA's) friendliest trading partner in the Gulf Region, Donald Trump is even building a few skyscrapers over there right now and it's also Michael Jacksons new home. George Bush was entertained over there this week also. Some folks still have reservations about it being in the Gulf Region though.

lojo

If I were to have a bank that i could trust... dubai, INC wouldn't in a trillion years enter that list.

lojo

I could be wrong (not)

Check your investments.. see any HSBC (or sumsuch) there? DIVEST!

RobWin

closed account
Go and Google Dubai and look at all of the beautiful pictures you will see, they have the worlds only six star hotel there, I believe it's called the BURJ AL ARAB..They have a Tennis Court on the very top of the building where the pros will play every now and then....Andre Agassi played there.....

lojo

Simple simon was.... qt banked at dubai. I choose not to, and never will, Fbank was okay by me (no politix) y'either understand or don't. We can respectfully take it from there. or leave it be be.

yada?

peteyweestro

Dormant Account
now that i know qt are in dubai it all makes more sense,after i had opened my qt account and made a couple of deposits with my debit card then all of a sudden one day an unauthorized withdrawel for $49.99 was taken out of my checking account and the company at fault was from dubai was all the info my bank would give me other then a phone number that was never answered so i proceeded to dispute the charge.
well my bank ended up giving me my money back and said they would handle it from their end but they cancelled my debit card and issued me a new one.the only weird thing is that if it was qt and my bank did battle with them over my money you would think that qt would lock my account,....they haven't and i just got a bank transfer from them on tues so who knows

lojo

now that i know qt are in dubai it all makes more sense,after i had opened my qt account and made a couple of deposits with my debit card then all of a sudden one day an unauthorized withdrawel for $49.99 was taken out of my checking account and the company at fault was from dubai was all the info my bank would give me other then a phone number that was never answered so i proceeded to dispute the charge.
well my bank ended up giving me my money back and said they would handle it from their end but they cancelled my debit card and issued me a new one.the only weird thing is that if it was qt and my bank did battle with them over my money you would think that qt would lock my account,....they haven't and i just got a bank transfer from them on tues so who knows

Who knows...

bb28

Dormant Account
BB if the charges have not yet actually come out of your checking account, I would not worry about it, they are probably showing up in your checking account right now as something that looks like this...POS PRE-AUTH...which will not come out of your checking if QT says they were declined on their end and QT does not actually batch them thru...you may already know all of this though...all the bank does is just attach the funds for a few days to see if the charge actually comes thru or is generated on the other end by the point-of-sale terminal processor...hope this helps

I had something similar happen once before and my banks said that the pre-auth. was on the processors end. I dunno! It gripes my a** since it is the same as if I had spent it.....when in fact I've not.

RobWin

closed account
I had something similar happen once before and my banks said that the pre-auth. was on the processors end. I dunno! It gripes my a** since it is the same as if I had spent it.....when in fact I've not.

True, it is, but it is also just a hold on funds, so that if and when they (the processors) actually process it or batch it to your bank it will in fact be paid, the hold itself will usually not last for more that five business days and then it will either dropoff or actually get processed...hope that's a little more clear

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
True, it is, but it is also just a hold on funds, so that if and when they (the processors) actually process it or batch it to your bank it will in fact be paid, the hold itself will usually not last for more that five business days and then it will either dropoff or actually get processed...hope that's a little more clear

This is actually a Visa/MC rule, not the bank. I had this happen before (non-gambling) where a purchase was declined, but the funds were in "pre-auth" limbo.

I was told 7 days max, but I'm sure the 5 day quote is business days.

RobWin

closed account
This is actually a Visa/MC rule, not the bank. I had this happen before (non-gambling) where a purchase was declined, but the funds were in "pre-auth" limbo.

I was told 7 days max, but I'm sure the 5 day quote is business days.

Right and right

silkprint

Dormant account
Ditto here . Mine did that with Best Buy during a Christmas spending frenzy . The money was put back in my account after a few days but it pissed me off.

bb28

Dormant Account
Ditto here . Mine did that with Best Buy during a Christmas spending frenzy . The money was put back in my account after a few days but it pissed me off.

I'm still pissed off :mad:.....they have not credited me back yet. I would have been raising more hell if something had bounced because of it.
This isn't the first time I've had issues with QT....so if you use it, keep an eye on it, especially be careful if a transaction shows declined.

Funny how it takes them about a second to debit your account but it takes days to credit your account isn't it?

RobWin

closed account
I'm still pissed off :mad:.....they have not credited me back yet. I would have been raising more hell if something had bounced because of it. This isn't the first time I've had issues with QT....so if you use it, keep an eye on it, especially be careful if a transaction shows declined.

Funny how it takes them about a second to debit your account but it takes days to credit your account isn't it?

I always go to my online bank account screen immediately after I make a deposit or purchase anywhere online to check the details and to also see exactly whether the charge actually went thru and how much it was for....that way I am never surprised...:cool: