Question Progressive slot, "Naughty or Nice" - jackpot chance dependent on bet size?

zreb

Experienced Member
PABaccred
So the "Naughty or Nice" slot is a progressive jackpot slot from real time gaming.

The progressive jackpot is awarded for 5 "nice girl" wild symbols in a line in the main game or 5 of the chosen wild symbol in a payline during the bonus spins.

But, you have the option to vary your bet size, and there is nothing written about this affecting the jackpot chance (I can tell larger bets do contribute more $ to the progressive, however).

So does the slot mess with the reel probabilities to give higher bets a greater chance of winning the progressive jackpot? (Or it's the same as the random jackpots but if it the progressive "hits" the slot just creates a reel-based win, rather than being based on true random reels?)

Or are you just throwing away money with these higher betsizes because your jackpot odds are no greater than if you minimum bet?

Most other real time gaming slot jackpots depend on bet size in an obvious way - the "random" jackpots are just awarded without any connection to the slot reels based on money put into the game, and the tiered jackpots have a bet size needed to qualify for each one. But this one is based on actual gameplay with a variable bet size.

I would rather not be forced to bet the minimum to try to win the jackpot, but don't want to waste money on a bigger bet with the same odds of winning the progressive either.

Going to bump this since I'm still curious...

You assume there's got to be some "math guy" behind the scenes who realizes something obvious like "a bigger bet should have a higher chance of winning the jackpot." But a lot of the times that turns out not to actually be true, there's actually no one making sure that things function as they should...

But in this case, it's weird either way.

If a bigger bet has the same jackpot chance, that's obviously bad since it runs contrary to expectations and wouldn't be fair to bigger betters (they don't win any more if they hit it, but pay more for the chance.)

If a bigger bet DOES have a greater jackpot chance, that means something weird is going on. Either the reels aren't random and the jackpot blocks/causes winning combinations in an unintuitive way, or different bet sizes use different reel setups.

That's why these games usually either have a fixed bet size or use random elements to equalize the bet sizes (randomly awarded, jackpot wheels, etc.), but this one does neither.

Problem is I guess maybe no one else than RTG could actually know the answer to this for sure.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, one member here did win that progressive on a 50 cent bet. You will have to look through the winner screenshots thread.I believe she did post it but it was a long time ago.
Here is the screenshot.
Naughty or Nice Again!

Last edited:
If the jackpot scales with your bet then the maths doesn't change. If the jackpot stays the same then you have different maths for each bet. Simples. :)

Thanks for your response. I know that's how it should work, but there's the question of whether or not if that's how it actually DOES work. Looking through the game info, there's nothing to state it works that way. There have been some pretty obvious oversights with bet sizes on slot machines that i'm not sure competence can be assumed - I think there was a big issue on RTG a few years back on RTG about people exploiting bet size changes on an orc vs elf feature accumulator slot. Even microgaming had a similar problem with a batman slot.

The jackpot does not scale by bet size. But there's nothing in any way that indicates a higher bet increases win chance - just the opposite in fact, since it's determined by how the reels land. (But I don't know if the reels spin independently or have a secondary control for the jackpot - like how slotland and winaday do theirs - which is unintuitive and a bit deceptive.)

Most of the other RTG games are either fixed bet size or "random" jackpots (not determined by the reels) - presumably for that very reason. But this one is neither.

I also won the jackpot on Naughty or Nice
$ 0.50 bet....$ 11.300 and
on Pay Dirty $ 0.25 bet .....$ 6400 so no need betting high value

You're right any betsize can win. I think at least for the "randomly" awarded jackpots like paydirt, the chance does scale with the size of your bet, though the in game help doesn't specify.

Last edited:
You
Thanks for your response. I know that's how it should work, but there's the question of whether or not if that's how it actually DOES work. Looking through the game info, there's nothing to state it works that way. There have been some pretty obvious oversights with bet sizes on slot machines that i'm not sure competence can be assumed - I think there was a big issue on RTG a few years back on RTG about people exploiting bet size changes on an orc vs elf feature accumulator slot. Even microgaming had a similar problem with a batman slot.

The jackpot does not scale by bet size. But there's nothing in any way that indicates a higher bet increases win chance - just the opposite in fact, since it's determined by how the reels land. (But I don't know if the reels spin independently or have a secondary control for the jackpot - like how slotland and winaday do theirs - which is unintuitive and a bit deceptive.)

Most of the other RTG games are either fixed bet size or "random" jackpots (not determined by the reels) - presumably for that very reason. But this one is neither.

You're right any betsize can win. I think at least for the "randomly" awarded jackpots like paydirt, the chance does scale with the size of your bet, though the in game help doesn't specify.

There is no reason or necessity to say how it works. As long as it's been tested and passed that's all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back