President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Donald Trump seems to have backtracked on gun control somewhat... the lovely NRA would rather than dead kids than anything else.

Just out of interest - how many children do you think have died by a bullet in the USA since Sandy Hook?

I'll tell you - it's over 7,000.

You know how many have died in the EU at the hands of a bullet since then?

Around 200.

I see Donald Trump seems to have backtracked on gun control somewhat... the lovely NRA would rather than dead kids than anything else.

Just out of interest - how many children do you think have died by a bullet in the USA since Sandy Hook?

Around 200.
:oops:
oh gods, dont introduce a gun thread - you werent here for the gun debate thread
*hides in corner, tucks knees up and rocks and sobs*

:oops:
oh gods, dont introduce a gun thread - you werent here for the gun debate thread
*hides in corner, tucks knees up and rocks and sobs*

Well, there's only one question to answer: What is more important, the right to bear arms, or the right to life.

Well, there's only one question to answer: What is more important, the right to bear arms, or the right to life.
lol, im not going to engage in a gun debate but many an americnan would argue a gun is what protects life.
Hey - I'm Canadian - I have a loaded dog at home :p

lol, im not going to engage in a gun debate but many an americnan would argue a gun is what protects life.
Hey - I'm Canadian - I have a loaded dog at home :p

It's all aboot dogs, eh? ;)

you taking 'aboot' us :p
(when I lived in the US I got pegged every day as Canadian pronouncing house, about etc)
ps - it isnt really aboot, but the heavy 'w' sound ie abowt, ouwt
So do Canadians really call each other either:

Buddy

Guy

Friend

....or is it a vicious rumour? ;)

So do Canadians really call each other either:

Buddy

Guy

Friend

....or is it a vicious rumour? ;)
i think bro(ther) is equiv to what EU/Aus slings out as mate.

And youd be hard pressed east coast aside, to find anyone says 'eh'

Ive only been once in Canada but all the stereotypes are true: I never met so many friendly people before and Tim Hortons really is a great place :D Really looking forward for my next trip to your beautiful country in the future.

Oh, except that customs lady at the airport, she wasnt friendly at all :lolup:

Ive only been once in Canada but all the stereotypes are true: I never met so many friendly people before and Tim Hortons really is a great place :D Really looking forward for my next trip to your beautiful country in the future.

Oh, except that customs lady at the airport, she wasnt friendly at all :lolup:
dont let the friendly service fool you, we swear the cream is liquid crack cocaine - the whole country are addicts :p

Around 200.

Why pick sandy hook?

I can cherry pick stats too.

From 2009-2015 the EU and USA had almost identical stats. EU .60 per million people and .62 people in the USA shooting related deaths. During this time period there were 303 deaths from mass public shootings in the EU and 199 in the USA. But on average per population it was very close during the Obama tenure.

In terms of injuries from these shootings, there were 609 in the EU and and 197 for the USA. 2016 was a bad year for EU in terms of mass shootings and now its the USA's turn for increase it seems.

During this time, no important gun laws were introduced from then until now. In 2016 the study found the EU ranked worse than the USA in terms of fatalities and mass shootings.

Souce: Crime research.org crime prevention research center.

And just to be clear about your 7000 claim. 38% of that is from suicides and 9% accidental.

Capture.PNG

And finally, not saying there isnt a problem or that 7000 kids isnt a lot. There is clearly a problem that needs fixing. But in 2 years if the EU increased and the USA drops again ill be sure to create a thread demanding change too

Why pick sandy hook?

From 2009-2015 the EU and USA had almost identical stats. EU .60 per million people and .62 people in the USA shooting related deaths. During this time period there were 303 deaths from mass public shootings in the EU and 199 in the USA. But on average per population it was very close during the Obama tenure.

In terms of injuries from these shootings, there were 609 in the EU and and 197 for the USA. 2016 was a bad year for EU in terms of mass shootings and now its the USA's turn for increase it seems.

During this time, no important gun laws were introduced from then until now. In 2016 the study found the EU ranked worse than the USA in terms of fatalities and mass shootings.

And just to be clear about your 7000 claim. 38% of that is from suicides and 9% accidental.

View attachment 89217

And finally, not saying there isnt a problem or that 7000 kids isnt a lot. There is clearly a problem that needs fixing. But in 2 years if the EU increased and the USA drops again ill be sure to create a thread demanding change too

Was not getting involved in this thread.

But really that graph means nothing.

Finland for example had a population of about 5 million in 2015. So that graph puts them in 8th place with 1 death a year by mass shooting lol.

Why pick sandy hook?

View attachment 89217

Just a guess, but maybe he picked Sandy Hook 'cause that really brought the gun problem in the public attention. Wonder how many years it takes before you do anything about the problem. Was nice to see so many young people protesting though. So there's hope! Just gotta get rid of GOP and Trump 'cause they won't do anything.

Lets be honest here. The 2nd amendment was written in 1791 at a time when the government was not as trusted or reliable by the people. Hence why a law was put in place to deter the government from turning on their citizens. Since that time I think its safe to say more laws were put in place and the country and government advanced and solidified. And because some of democrats and republicans are supporters of the NRA, they hold political power to not allow any change whatsoever. And because the NRA has so much political support and holds the majority, nothing can be changed in the system. Trump cant do a damn thing if he tried without the support and approval of congress, senators etc. Same thing happened with Obama. So until the NRA loses support and power, nothing will change unless the NRA agrees to it.

Its a flawed and rigged system and its politicians doing what THEY want in their own interest and quite possibly not of the people

Guns for hunting and police should be the obvious. And if you pass strict backround checks and take courses you should be able to own a handgun for protection. People walking around with fully automatics and mags is an absolute disaster.

Just a guess, but maybe he picked Sandy Hook 'cause that really brought the gun problem in the public attention. Wonder how many years it takes before you do anything about the problem. Was nice to see so many young people protesting though. So there's hope! Just gotta get rid of GOP and Trump 'cause they won't do anything.

You cant always blame trump and the GOP. 70% of americans want tougher gun laws, its their job to elect people who are anti gun into office so the majority switches sides. And the President doesnt hold the proper authority. So you saying remove Trump will do absolutely nothing. Obama was against guns and wanted tougher laws and not even he could get anything done.

Last edited:
Wow just look at the fire from Theresa May over this. She's more passionate about this than the last few terror attacks London has endured :rolleyes:

I feel a battle brewing. I would be shocked if there wasnt a military clash between the allies and Russia within the next year. Even Russia's comments today that it will attack the US military if they try anything in Syria again. I think a conflict is going to pop off, tensions will rise to the brink of a war and then everything will cool off again for awhile. But tensions are rising everywhere so it seems its that time in history something is going to happen soon

Lets be honest here. The 2nd amendment was written in 1791 at a time when the government was not as trusted or reliable by the people. Hence why a law was put in place to deter the government from turning on their citizens. Since that time I think its safe to say more laws were put in place and the country and government advanced and solidified. And because some of democrats and republicans are supporters of the NRA, they hold political power to not allow any change whatsoever. And because the NRA has so much political support and holds the majority, nothing can be changed in the system. Trump cant do a damn thing if he tried without the support and approval of congress, senators etc. Same thing happened with Obama. So until the NRA loses support and power, nothing will change unless the NRA agrees to it.

Its a flawed and rigged system and its politicians doing what THEY want in their own interest and quite possibly not of the people

Guns for hunting and police should be the obvious. And if you pass strict backround checks and take courses you should be able to own a handgun for protection. People walking around with fully automatics and mags is an absolute disaster.

You cant always blame trump and the GOP. 70% of americans want tougher gun laws, its their job to elect people who are anti gun into office so the majority switches sides. And the President doesnt hold the proper authority. So you saying remove Trump will do absolutely nothing. Obama was against guns and wanted tougher laws and not even he could get anything done.

Of course I can blame Trump and GOP. Trump can veto anything he wants and he really loves NRA and their money. Same with GOP.
Yes it's american people's job electing their officials. If they keep republicans and/or Trump in power then there's no chance for change. With democrats there is a chance at least.

Of course I can blame Trump and GOP. Trump can veto anything he wants and he really loves NRA and their money. Same with GOP.
Yes it's american people's job electing their officials. If they keep republicans and/or Trump in power then there's no chance for change. With democrats there is a chance at least.

A president cannot veto an amendment, he can veto a bill which is a proposed law. Laws are passed by congress and the president can only pocket veto them for a short amount of time but it can be overridden with 2/3rds approval of the congress.

In short, Trump cannot change the 2nd amendment without approx 66% majority approval from congress. Which it has nowhere near.

A president cannot veto an amendment, he can veto a bill which is a proposed law. Laws are passed by congress and the president can only pocket veto them for a short amount of time but it can be overridden with 2/3rds approval of the congress.

In short, Trump cannot change the 2nd amendment without approx 66% majority approval from congress. Which it has nowhere near.

And that's why you need to get rid of GOP and Trump. Both are against any kind of change in gun laws. Gonna take time before you elect suitable people for that for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back