Prayers and crossed fingers needed

Marie,

I apologize for my delay in learning of your brother's condition. I know how difficult this must be for you and your family. I feel your emotions. I wish I knew the correct protocol to comfort you. Regardless, you as well as the hope for your brother's full recovery will be in my thoughts daily.

God bless and all my best to you, your brother's recovery and your family, Garry.

So far nothing has changed, the swelling in his brain remains the same and he is still sedated.
The doctors however seems more positive!

That is good news Marie. Doctors do not like to give false hope, and if they seem more positive, that is a good sign. The longer someone survives this kind of traumatic injury, the better the outlook.

I continue to hope for his recovery.

Im so sorry to hear about your brother - I will keep him in my prayers.

So far nothing has changed, the swelling in his brain remains the same and he is still sedated.
The doctors however seems more positive!

This is good news, I am so happy. Isn't the first 48 hours the crutial time?

We are still thinking good thoughts to you and your family.

3 hours and 15 minutes until 2010 reaches sweden, it will not be a celibration here this year, although things are looking better.
yesterday he woke up for about 15 secounds and when the nurse asked him to move his toes, he did, then they explained that he was in an accident and that he has been in the hospital for 2 weeks, he started to cry and then he fell back into sleep.
When he cried I got the most uncomfortable feeling I have ever felt and I broke down, and finally let it all out. (outside of the room since he might hear me now)
I am glad that he is showing signs of life and I do miss him even more a day like this, but like I said, it is looking more bright now.
The doctors said for us to prepare for him to die, and now for the first time I feel REAL hope!!

Happy new years to all of you and hopefully you will have a great 2010

Here's hoping that 2010 will be a much better year....maybe the next time he wakes up it will be a little longer, then longer, ....wishing you and your family the best!

3 hours and 15 minutes until 2010 reaches sweden, it will not be a celibration here this year, although things are looking better.
yesterday he woke up for about 15 secounds and when the nurse asked him to move his toes, he did, then they explained that he was in an accident and that he has been in the hospital for 2 weeks, he started to cry and then he fell back into sleep.
When he cried I got the most uncomfortable feeling I have ever felt and I broke down, and finally let it all out. (outside of the room since he might hear me now)
I am glad that he is showing signs of life and I do miss him even more a day like this, but like I said, it is looking more bright now.
The doctors said for us to prepare for him to die, and now for the first time I feel REAL hope!!

Happy new years to all of you and hopefully you will have a great 2010

To me, that sounds like a really good sign, Marie -if he has emerged from his coma and can move his toes then I think those are all very real positive signs that his body has been repairing the damage and that he will soon be well on the way to recovery.

Hopefully it's now just a question of top notch medical care, lots of rest and I'm sure a lot of people willing your brother back to health.

A good start to the new year!

Marie, I am sending my prayers and lots of positive thoughts to your family. I hope this new year will bring your brother fast and complete recovery.

Hi Marie, I know you don't me but we are all in Gods family so I too will be praying for the Lord to continue to heal your brother and that when he has recovered the effects will only be a memory. God Bless you and your brother.

Hi Marie,

I will keep you and your brother in my prayers every day until your brother can come back home to his loving family. Please take care of yourself so you will be strong and healthy to help your brother. Best wishes, Marie.

I just came across this thread again, and I realised that sooo long has passed and that i never gave an update.
HE IS FINE =))))))
After many months of recovering and rehabilitation, he is finally back with us in full. the only thing that is changed is that he suffers from some memory loss and that he sometimes forgets things besides from that he is just the same. Maybe he values life more..
The journey has been long and hard, but it all made me belive that miracles can happen - One atleast happened to my family.

He has also been in the papers here in sweden, I only found one link, but here it is;
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Here is one about the doctor, and his odds of surviving;
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I guess most of you wont be able to understand it though =)

anyways, thanks for all your prayers and always remember - miracles DO happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back