post something you did this summer here is me on my daughters boat/yawt

That looks like a lot of fun! I wish it was still summer. I think I blinked and missed ours:(

This summer we had a 3 generation road trip, 2245 Miles / 3613 Km. My Mom and I drove my daughter east to her new college. It was a memory maker!

Hey tempestcayla, that sounds fun!

This summer I drove around Canada and the US with 2 friends, it was fun but lots of driving non stop.

This summer we had a 3 generation road trip, 2245 Miles / 3613 Km. My Mom and I drove my daughter east to her new college. It was a memory maker!

Your daughter is going to miss Oregon - imo it is one of the most beautiful places I have seen....drove the coast all the way down from Seattle to Los Angeles a couple years back, and the Oregon stretch really impressed us.

Lovely boat rocky!

For the last 7 summers, a bunch of us (cousins) go to North Myrtle Beach, SC the 3rd week in August.. This year was small only 13 people in total. Our largest year was 26 people. This was probably our last year since my oldest will be heading to college at that time next year. God, I feel old right now!:(

On the bright side, maybe I'll have a picture of me riding on her yacht in a few years!:thumbsup:

My older kids were out of school in a small town and we had nothing to do...enough said.:p

Seriously, we went to see the Casa Grande Ruins, which was pretty cool. Other than that pretty much the same thing we do all year long. Out here in AZ in the summer it's way too hot to do anything outdoors soooo lots of movie nights, play dates, dr appts and all of that fun mommy stuff. Your boat is awesomeness and I wish our summer was as cool as yours. You are blessed RC.

Your daughter is going to miss Oregon - imo it is one of the most beautiful places I have seen....drove the coast all the way down from Seattle to Los Angeles a couple years back, and the Oregon stretch really impressed us.
Hi jetset, glad you got a chance to see our beautiful Oregon coast . My daughter misses Oregon
But she says she doesnt miss the rain or the allergies she always had here.

I did have a fun weekend in July. My two brothers came home and my youngest nephew and his girlfriend showed up for a small family reunion. We had a nice time on a quiet lake, canoeing, picnicing and lots of reminiscing.

I'm not normally a holiday person, but I am actually looking forward to Christmas this year. This will be the first time since my father died 18 years ago that my entire family will be home together. All the nieces, nephews, siblings and sister and brother in-laws. And my mother will be home for Christmas (the first one in 27 years), so this is going to be a very special holiday.

I did have a fun weekend in July. My two brothers came home and my youngest nephew and his girlfriend showed up for a small family reunion. We had a nice time on a quiet lake, canoeing, picnicing and lots of reminiscing.

I'm not normally a holiday person, but I am actually looking forward to Christmas this year. This will be the first time since my father died 18 years ago that my entire family will be home together. All the nieces, nephews, siblings and sister and brother in-laws. And my mother will be home for Christmas (the first one in 27 years), so this is going to be a very special holiday.

I am sure your father will be there in spirit ksech.;)

ksech,
Thats sounds wonderful! I hope you make many wonderful memories this Christmas with your family.

Hmm, that day on the boat looks great Rocky. Can almost feel the sea and sun. Well as for me, I'm on the other side of the world so we are just heading into our summer. It's great that the days are getting longer, the weather warmer and we are gearing up for BBQ season her in NZ. So while you were sunning yourselves and enjoying great road trips, I was pretty much freezing my butt off :)p).

Wow what a great photo thanks for sharing that rockycatt.

Quite a boring summer for me this year. I didn't do much apart from working and the occasional visit to the bar :S

Looking forward to the next one!

gardening and gambling

i have the fortune of having a big backyard and i fill it with all sorts of things and eat them. also this year i discovered gambling so i've been doing that a lot : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back