Positive thoughts needed!

Well all I can say is how sorry I am this has happened, especially before Christmas. You will always remember that smile today, and that he saw the wonderful family he has supporting him when he awoke. That will make him feel better inside.
All the best, D

Yay, good news! Hope he continues to improve and there are no long term effects from this. Now go catch up on your sleep, we'll keep the positive vibes flowing in your direction. One more thing - please give your mom a big hug from me and thank her for being so stubborn. :thumbsup:

Oh Sarah what terrible news - I pray and send positive energy to your brother and your family. All the best.

I feel for you so very much. I lost my big brother 5 month,s ago and he and I had a great relationship up until the day he died. No one can ever take his p-lace and all of the good time,s we had on motorcycle,s and taking long week-end,s across the border. It was what a true brotherhood bond should be, and if you have that with your brother I truly do wish the very best for him and you? May the god,s watch over him and may your holiday,s be met with his full recovery! I will have you and him in my prayer,s to the god,s of the Earth, The Sky, and The Moon,,,, Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff​

Hi Sarah.

So sorry to hear this. Made me very upset as I am a very sensitive guy. I am sending all the prayers I can for your brother, You and the family. I have bit rough times as well as my mum in Denmark seems to have Dementia and very tough for my dad right now. I am going there just after Christmas from 27th December. I do not know how quick she will get worse but know have had it for at least couple years now and have noticed it of course. But I always speak to my parents regularly and it is so upsetting having my dad upset or in tears sometimes.

Did not mean to bring my private stuff in here sorry but i actually got tears in my eyes right now and its so difficult. And so much for you with what just happened to your brother. I so hope he gets a speedy recovery and regain his strength.

We need to remember to love the ones nearest and think about them every day as you never know when the day comes :(

All the best from me Sarah. Keep strong!

So sorry to hear about your brother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!! Hope he gets well soon.

Lori

Last edited:
Last night when I visited my brother he was fully awake :)
I had to ask if he knew who I was and typically him he had to make a joke. Of course I know, you're Mona (that's my mothers name). Just kidding you're Sara:D

He do have trouble talking and finding the words. It gets him very frustrated and he said he have had hallucinations.
I checked his memory a little and he couldn't say what year or date it was, and he didn't remember that our father had a stroke just 5 weeks ago. It was tough explaining why he couldn't come to visit. Our father is ok though, it was small, but he's afraid of driving this far.

My brother have lived most of his adult life in Copenhagen, Denmark so most of his friends and his stepdaughter are there. She have already booked a flight so in a week she will arrive.

Who cares if Christmas will be spent at the hospital. He will live and I can finally relax a little.
Thanks for the support, and who know what all that energy did:thumbsup:

I had to ask if he knew who I was and typically him he had to make a joke. Of course I know, you're Mona (that's my mothers name). Just kidding you're Sara:D

He do have trouble talking and finding the words. It gets him very frustrated and he said he have had hallucinations.
I checked his memory a little and he couldn't say what year or date it was, and he didn't remember that our father had a stroke just 5 weeks ago. It was tough explaining why he couldn't come to visit. Our father is ok though, it was small, but he's afraid of driving this far.

My brother have lived most of his adult life in Copenhagen, Denmark so most of his friends and his stepdaughter are there. She have already booked a flight so in a week she will arrive.

Who cares if Christmas will be spent at the hospital. He will live and I can finally relax a little.

I am so glad your brother is ok Sara,still sending a loot of positive energy!

Bit by bit

Sorry to hear about your brother but happy to hear that his getting well, thoughts are with you

I am sorry I am just now seeing this. My heart is with you and my thoughts and prayers also. It sounds as though he is progressing pretty well. Make sure you take care of yourself too.

Michelle

It has almost gone three weeks now so I thought I would update this thread. Some have been sending pm's and I'm sorry I haven't replied to everyone. My mind isn't working properly right now.

I've been living in my brothers apartment almost all the time but on Monday I have to be back home. It will feel horrible not being able to see him more than on weekends. On the other hand he maybe need a break from me :)
I brought a laptop to him and yesterday he finally managed to remember his password to Facebook, so imagine my surprise when he started to send messages:eek2: The words and grammar are not correct but I'm sure that will come.
He do have trouble talking but sometimes he can laugh at himself too, like when he calls everything ''telephone'' :D
It's a guessing game and the thin line when you don't know if you should help or be patient.

His kidneys are a little better but he still gets dialysis 3-4 times a week and bloodtransfusions. It also makes his bloodpressure really high so that's the main thing they are focusing on to fix. The brain and all training that comes with that will have to wait a little.

I do have hope for the future but it's scary at the same time. So many questions are left unanswered, simply because noone knows yet.

Keeping on making silly jokes in here helps me to cope with it. Playing a little is also a good way sometimes to just run and hide for a while.
Thanks everyone who have supported me! You're the best:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back