New Slot Announcement Play'n GO doing a Starburst Clone

Harry_BKK

Closed Account
You would have thought we have enough Starburst clones. Looks like Play'n GO thought different and very creatively named it STARBLAST! :rolleyes: :D :D

BTW, you can win up to 4,000x your bet if you hit full screen of Bar symbols with wilds on each respin. Now where did I read that, wasn't in the Starburst and BerryBurst game sheets, wasn't it? :rolleyes:.

Oh, I forgot the wilds turn into x2 and x3 multipliers when you land them on two and three reels. They are added together for a max x9 multiplier.

upload_2019-3-7_15-7-57.png

Its ok - I actually think Starburst is the better of the two - Visually.

It has a bit of Moon Princess narration going for it 'Biiiig Wiiin'. The game can be brutal with blank spins. I had 13 blank... small hit, then another 11 blank, small hit... then another 8 blank... then a smallish big hit.

Hit a 200x relatively quickly with 3 stars at the start though (only 2x multiplier).

Would I play it? Probably on 0.10c bets only. This would be down to too many blank spins and also the inability to hold my interest for long.

Nate

LOL...I am right at this moment doing a video of this one...it's not too bad to be fair.
Its ok - I actually think Starburst is the better of the two - Visually.

It has a bit of Moon Princess narration going for it 'Biiiig Wiiin'. The game can be brutal with blank spins. I had 13 blank... small hit, then another 11 blank, small hit... then another 8 blank... then a smallish big hit.

Hit a 200x relatively quickly with 3 stars at the start though (only 2x multiplier).

Would I play it? Probably on 0.10c bets only. This would be down to too many blank spins and also the inability to hold my interest for long.

Nate

I opened and closed the demo game after 30 seconds, will refuse to do the review. Can't be bothered to search my brain for 900 words about a bare slot that has been cloned a gazillion times. :rolleyes: :D

You would have thought we have enough Starburst clones. Looks like Play'n GO thought different and very creatively named it STARBLAST! :rolleyes: :D :D

BTW, you can win up to 4,000x your bet if you hit full screen of Bar symbols with wilds on each respin. Now where did I read that, wasn't in the Starburst and BerryBurst game sheets, wasn't it? :rolleyes:.

Oh, I forgot the wilds turn into x2 and x3 multipliers when you land them on two and three reels. They are added together for a max x9 multiplier.

View attachment 105676
Videoslots promo team will be rubbing their mitts with glee at being able to give us a whole weekend of this cheap tatt.

I opened and closed the demo game after 30 seconds, will refuse to do the review. Can't be bothered to search my brain for 900 words about a bare slot that has been cloned a gazillion times. :rolleyes: :D

Yeah honestly, its an absolute bore-fest. I left it to run and it soaked up that 200x win in no time. It then gave a small 40x hit to keep me going.

Nate

Well one thing for sure. Just do not play it at VS lol and make sure where ever you play it and other play n go slots to check the RTP in the help file before hand.

I sure wont be playing any play n go slots anymore at VS. I have decided now. I will be only playing other providers. When I want to play play n go, I will play them at Leovegas or Rizk.

Well one thing for sure. Just do not play it at VS lol and make sure where ever you play it and other play n go slots to check the RTP in the help file before hand.

I sure wont be playing any play n go slots anymore at VS. I have decided now. I will be only playing other providers. When I want to play play n go, I will play them at Leovegas or Rizk.

It won't be released for another few weeks, rest easy my friend :D

How do you get to test these game out? Is there something I need to apply to or form to fill out?

We are content writers who review the games. We either have access to the client area of the game providers or receive demo links to complete our reviews weeks before a game is released. Pure marketing purposes for the providers and of course the affiliates.

Honestly the multiplier does sound like a potentially significant improvement to the game to me. One of the problems with starburst is that it's tough to ever get reasonably far ahead of the game. So the original starburst is mainly for people who want playtime and flashy symbols appearing on the screen, or who don't understand that all those small "balance preserving" wins mean it's going to be hard to win much.

So this game may fix that problem - in other words, make it more appealing to people who want a higher variance game rather than just winning back their wager over and over.

However, if you don't like starburst just because you think the feature is incredibly simple and boring, this won't fix that problem.

I'm also not sure if the markets for people who want a very simple/easily understood feature and the markets for people who want high variance games overlap by much, though.

Looks like this release was pulled for now. NetEnt probably put a stop to it because the name is so similar to starburst.

Dunno if thats true or not but only changing 2 letters in the name was taking the **** a little lol

Looks like this release was pulled for now. NetEnt probably put a stop to it because the name is so similar to starburst.
Odd how they couldn't stop copies of BoD then? Or did the providers of games like Book of Oz actually pay them to copy the game? Even the bonus game & its animations are exactly the same as Book of Dead.

Odd how they couldn't stop copies of BoD then? Or did the providers of games like Book of Oz actually pay them to copy the game? Even the bonus game & its animations are exactly the same as Book of Dead.

Well that one is really Book of Ra from Novo but agree it's a bit weird.

I just read there is “an ongoing process in place against PlayNGo in which Novomatic claims right to compensation for infringement as a consequence of Book of Dead”

I’m going to guess PlayNGo will just change the name from Starblast and still release the game.

I often wondered about the duplication of slots. Is it the name or the way the game plays? There have to be at least 50 “book games” out there now.

There are two parts to 'stealing'/'being inspired': visually or gameplay.

The first is easier to protect than the latter. PnG has arguably built their entire portfolio on stealing gameplay and putting it in a nicer jacket. They started by copying MG, IGT, Novo... ironic to fall over the visual hurdle.

Even more ironic that that one is a copy of a Novo game to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back