Playing Poker Thread

slotmaster

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Just played my 1st game in a while, just a ko sit n go, and guess what, I finished IN THE MONEY.:eek2: It was a brutal game as I was not getting very much and I was short-stack almost all-tourney but I hung in there and made the money which helps the confidence. :)

Slottery

Meister Member
PABnoaccred
MM
Otherwise these small micro tournaments would be nice for people who are starting to play but usually just freerolls and micro buy in ones people don't really play poker but just splash all in middle and then it's just flip after flip.

With even little higher buy in €$£5-10, people tempt to at least try to play poker instead of going all in with first hand J8 non suited etc...

hughdal

Newbie member
Otherwise these small micro tournaments would be nice for people who are starting to play but usually just freerolls and micro buy in ones people don't really play poker but just splash all in middle and then it's just flip after flip.

With even little higher buy in €$£5-10, people tempt to at least try to play poker instead of going all in with first hand J8 non suited etc...
Been there, done that. I once was playing a freeroll and on the very 1st hand I got dealt AA in late position. When the bet got to me I went All-In. To my surprise, the rest of the 9 player table went All-In too. Heads up, AA has a 83% chance of winning against a single opponent. The odds go down the more players are in a hand against AA. As it turned out I got busted by a Player with 6-6 when a 6 apeared on the flop for trip 6's. I agree that there's less stupidity when the buy in gets up past the $5 level and that's what I generally play.

slotmaster

Boooooo, bubbled the 3rd practice game :( I probably woulda won this one as well if I win this hand.

Level VI (80/160) - 2021/07/30 20:13:41 ET
Table '3240072159 1' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: fuyoug (1433 in chips)
Seat 4: SagadatAhanbek (4429 in chips)
Seat 6: PHILLIIVEY1 (3550 in chips)
Seat 7: Otto Brun (4088 in chips)
fuyoug: posts the ante 20
SagadatAhanbek: posts the ante 20
PHILLIIVEY1: posts the ante 20
Otto Brun: posts the ante 20
Otto Brun: posts small blind 80
fuyoug: posts big blind 160
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PHILLIIVEY1 [Qd Qc]
SagadatAhanbek: calls 160
PHILLIIVEY1: raises 248 to 408
Otto Brun: folds
fuyoug: folds
SagadatAhanbek: calls 248
*** FLOP *** [3h Jh 4d]
SagadatAhanbek: checks
PHILLIIVEY1: bets 560
SagadatAhanbek: raises 3441 to 4001 and is all-in
PHILLIIVEY1: calls 2562 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (879) returned to SagadatAhanbek
*** TURN *** [3h Jh 4d] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [3h Jh 4d Js] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SagadatAhanbek: shows [Qs Jd] (a full house, Jacks full of Threes)
PHILLIIVEY1: shows [Qd Qc] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)
SagadatAhanbek collected 7380 from pot
SagadatAhanbek wins the $0.21 bounty for eliminating PHILLIIVEY1
PHILLIIVEY1 finished the tournament in 4th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7380 | Rake 0
Board [3h Jh 4d Js 3c]
Seat 2: fuyoug (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: SagadatAhanbek showed [Qs Jd] and won (7380) with a full house, Jacks full of Threes
Seat 6: PHILLIIVEY1 (button) showed [Qd Qc] and lost with two pair, Queens and Jacks
Seat 7: Otto Brun (small blind) folded before Flop

slotmaster

Finally had time to fire up a game, started just dreadful and looked like I was going to be the 2nd one out but hung on and WOOOOOOOOOOOOO came back and finished 2nd, I coulda won it but I kinda had to go do other things but I could have won it if I played heads up normally against this player so pretty much count it as a win,lol. :D

slotmaster

Almost 3 wins in a row!:D Fizzled out at the end but this one I had time and was patient and tried. Just need to do this in mttsng or an mtt where the prizes are bigger. :)