Plans for 2017!

So just got the word on final approval and pick up my brand new 2017 Mazda cx-3 next week!:D They gave me extra incentives to trade in and more than I thought I was going to get for my current car.

As long as nothing last minute happens of course....... But since I am planning to switch jobs I would have had to wait like a year or whatever depending on the lender for employment history so might as well use my current employment history for something good.

Just leased it to keep the payments low as buying this time around the payments were too high for my comfort level.

The one thing is my chances for my own business may have gone down right now but still looking.

So just got the word on final approval and pick up my brand new 2017 Mazda cx-3 next week!:D They gave me extra incentives to trade in and more than I thought I was going to get for my current car.

As long as nothing last minute happens of course....... But since I am planning to switch jobs I would have had to wait like a year or whatever depending on the lender for employment history so might as well use my current employment history for something good.

Just leased it to keep the payments low as buying this time around the payments were too high for my comfort level.

The one thing is my chances for my own business may have gone down right now but still looking.

Hey I'm curious what kind of business are you looking buy.

Nice news about the car

@Slotmaster-That car sounds nice! Good for you. I hope your find a part time business that works well for you. You never know, one could pop up when you least expect it!

Good luck in your search!
LH

IF you have plans in getting a job that has a Union DON'T! What a crock of shit as you cannot really due anything for legal recourse, well here In stupid Canada anyway. I still have 1 lawyer to check with but so far the only thing is you can file a complaint against the union itself with the labor board but nothing else under employment standards cause you are under a union, and maybe human rights commission.

So if you have a union that does not want to do anything you are basically screwed if you have illegal things happening.

Pay off another credit card (ideally in January as small balance) and by the end of the year, pay off at least 75%, if not all, of my last credit card. Hopefully be debt free by end of the year.

Blimey, I posted this on 7th January. Be debt free by end of the year? Think I should have been more optimistic and rephrased that and said to be debt free by the end of the next month!

Once received, the £460 profit from last night will be used to make the final payment against my card and will officially have zero balances on credit cards and no loans. Woohoo! Will even have cash left over to stick away into my enjoyment pot!

Amazing run of luck since November. Just need to keep a sensible head on my shoulders now going forward. The last 4 months have been kind for winning, now just need to anticipate a baron spell, possibly.

Ok, the sums I am talking about may be peanuts to most high rollers, but it is all about your perspective on things. To me, it is special, that is all that matters.

the end.jpg

Blimey, I posted this on 7th January. Be debt free by end of the year? Think I should have been more optimistic and rephrased that and said to be debt free by the end of the next month!

Once received, the £460 profit from last night will be used to make the final payment against my card and will officially have zero balances on credit cards and no loans. Woohoo! Will even have cash left over to stick away into my enjoyment pot!

Amazing run of luck since November. Just need to keep a sensible head on my shoulders now going forward. The last 4 months have been kind for winning, now just need to anticipate a baron spell, possibly.

Ok, the sums I am talking about may be peanuts to most high rollers, but it is all about your perspective on things. To me, it is special, that is all that matters.

Great news Richy :thumbsup:

And no, those are not peanuts. I can live in BKK for 2 months with that amount or pay 3 months rental...clearly no small feat.

Didn't mean to belittle the amount coz if you don't have that money, it does seem a lot (probably why I had credit cards in first instance! :rolleyes:)

Thankfully it does mean a lot to me (over £4k paid off/cleared in 4 months). However, it also makes me cringe at some of the stakes the high rollers do - such as that £32k or so roulette spin recently - as it appears they have lost all respect for money. Ok, they probably have several million in bank (or some serious debt issues!) and that is small change, but all in perspective to that person I suppose.

Me, I'm just happy and grateful with low rolling and getting some great results, plus being stubborn in not playing/paying it all back!

ANY profit, no matter how small it may seem to others, can never be a bad thing Richy. Just last night, I made a £50 deposit and played Cleopatra Plus for about 6 hours, never getting above £160 the entire time. I eventually cashed out £75, because I was totally knackered and couldn't stay awake any longer lol.

So it's only a £25 profit when I could have made four times that (and got a couple of hours more sleep into the bargain).
But what's better? A "modest" 50% gain on your deposit or a 100% loss? Sometimes if your gut feeling is telling you to cashout so you can "live to slot another day", you have to go with that gut feeling. I've already done a better job of doing that myself this year. And I tell you what....I can say that this current period of slotting I'm enjoying is by far is the most enjoyable spell I've had since late 2014. Two consecutive months in the black to start the year, running good, showing better cashout discipline, and best of all, even when I am busting out, I am still getting some excellent playtime for my buck.

PS Very well done on getting those debts paid off and achieving one of your goals for this year, with plenty of time to spare.
That's a great effort by you. Enjoy that debt-free feeling. :thumbsup:

Small update from my side on point 3 of my plan! :)

Ticket booked and I will be allowed to spend some time with my son when I arrive as they have mid-term school holidays from 13-19 March. Flying on the 8th to pick him up on his last school day on Friday (no direct flight available on Thursday).

No signed agreement yet but it is progressing. :rolleyes:

Capture 867.PNG

Well my fellow CM'ers, the day is drawing closer and if all goes well I will see my son next Friday for the first time in nearly 2 years.

Yesterday i signed the agreement for the visiting rights and today she counter signed it .....ticket booked, hotel booked - now let's hope she's won't change her mind within a week. :rolleyes:

This is the hotel I have chosen to stay for the first few weeks until the apartment renovation is completed, has swimming pool, children activity play ground, outdoor and indoor and a great Spa.

capture 874.jpg

Well my fellow CM'ers, the day is drawing closer and if all goes well I will see my son next Friday for the first time in nearly 2 years.

Yesterday i signed the agreement for the visiting rights and today she counter signed it .....ticket booked, hotel booked - now let's hope she's won't change her mind within a week. :rolleyes:

This is the hotel I have chosen to stay for the first few weeks until the apartment renovation is completed, has swimming pool, children activity play ground, outdoor and indoor and a great Spa.

View attachment 76386

I have just checked the specifics for the hotel and it states that they are still on dial-up :eek:

View attachment 76386

Next time you book a stay at my place, let me know. It'll save you a fortune in booking fees :eek2:

Well we had a meeting at work today, They want to change our pension yet again and they are cutting some stuff out like the match if you put money in, I knew this was coming and I am still looking (Still desperately) for something else.

What else picked up the new car but as usual problems, Like I am so sick and tired of shit not being done right and people who have no clue what they are doing, Like f!@# me seriously. Get a call after I have the car and everything saying the finance company won't accept what I gave them cause info was written and not typed, f!@# off, You could not tell me this when I was sitting there going over all of this. Anyway as far as I know it has been taken care of but their were a couple other issues.

Just wish 1 thing will actually go right, I must have the worst luck when doing anything "legal" or getting new stuff.

Have heard nothing still on the landlord-lease front and to be honest I have not looked lately dealing with all this other stuff but still don't make enough to pay the high rents or don't really have enough for a down payment. I tried to explain and push the family to get a answer as soon as they can and trying to explain to them the housing crisis but they don't listen.

If we are staying put I do know I have to put money away even more cause if housing prices drop and all these house renters decide to sell it's going to be just as hard or worse than it is now to find something.

As I said looking for other employment which brings me to I wish employer's would put information on the job like pay and such, Like why do you want wasted time if you are going to bring someone in for a interview but the person decides the pay is too low or whatever. All companies and human resource departments now boggle my mind.

been wanting a dog for around 20 years but wasn't in a situation where it was allowed (renting) or responsible for me to have one (working odd hours) , 2017 has changed all of that so we put down a deposit on this dog last night, due to collect in around 10 days or so.

98% confirmed name is Amber :)

amber-small.jpg

In other news, I will be made redundant this year in November which might just be the final push to concentrate 100% on the website, as trying to do both has been exhausting :), but im just happy that i already have a backup plan in place and dont have to look for another job that i get very little satisfaction from.

the slots related /gambling thing did pop up, but apart from Lucky there wasnt many good names, and Cherry, Melon, Plum or Bar arent cutting it for a name :D

It did pop into my head last night though that amber was the first feature on IR :p this was after suggesting the name :D

Nothing comparable to other plans in this thread, just:

Pay off another credit card (ideally in January as small balance) and by the end of the year, pay off at least 75%, if not all, of my last credit card. Hopefully be debt free by end of the year.

Don't plan on playing less slots, just more sensibly and whack in a withdrawal as soon as possible to at least reclaim deposit and small profit where possible, playing with left over profit. If I don't manage that, then no stress as hopefully I will be playing within budgets!!! I'm not deluded as I know I will lose more than I get to bank!

Next plan is to score at least one goal in my football team. I am the oldest player at 42, but have embarrassed some of the younger players at some point!!! Mid life crisis and all that, but nice to see our team is top of the division.

And finally, I have to get DoA to at least give me a wild line or 5 scatters!! Ok, now I am getting deluded .....:rolleyes:

Finally done it! Debts all paid off the other week and as of today, I have now scored my first goal for the football team!!! A hard fought 2-2 game, with us being 2-0 at one point (I had a hand in our second goal). I am now knackered and aching (it's my age!!), so time for a soak in the bath. We have lost our top spot and just 1 point off second place in the league.

Hello fellow CM'ers.

This past week has just flown by and it has been a good one.

Apartment: the rental of the original place at the Tropez Condo went south as for some reason the owner did not even start the renovation until last week. Hence, i went on the prowl for a different one and found something even better. KSL D'Esplanade on top of the KSL City Mall with the 7th floor as a giant pool scenery including a dinosaur themed water park and another 10 or so swimming pools (the top left pic is the brochure photo and the bottom left and the others are the real thing). Got a nice fully furnished apartment on the 16th floor (see red arrow on the photo) costing me MYR1,500 or EUR350 / month in rental. Got everything just an elevator hop away with supermarket, shopping and food outlets, the lot. My son went into overdrive when he saw the dinosaurs. :D

One of the big points of the location is that they have daily a free shuttle bus every 30 minutes from the shopping mall to the Singapore border checkpoint, getting me there or back in about 10 minutes. Crossed the border now a few times and the queuing has been between 20mins - 2hrs to get through both passport controls. Not the best, but i have plenty of time :)

My son: Probably the best week of my life and according to him, his as well. He stayed with me from Monday to Saturday and we thoroughly enjoyed the reunion. Agreed with her to see him 2-3x per week, picking him up from school, doing homework with him and then enjoy some playtime; also he will spend every second weekend at my place.

Overall, things are looking bright at the moment and so far no regrets whatsoever to leave Thailand. Let's hope it stays like that :)

Capture 882.jpg

By the way, this picture shows my entire possesions when i moved to Malaysia --> all in 2 bags and 1 laptop (I didn't own the TV :D )

capture 883.jpg

And this is the boy at the center of it all :)
(P.S. will remove these pics in a few hours again)

Last edited:
Great to see you all settled in now.

The view looks amazing, hopefully you and your boy will be able to enjoy spending more time together now :)

Really really gorgeous view, good to see everything is working out.

Hello fellow CM'ers.

This past week has just flown by and it has been a good one.

Apartment: the rental of the original place at the Tropez Condo went south as for some reason the owner did not even start the renovation until last week. Hence, i went on the prowl for a different one and found something even better. KSL D'Esplanade on top of the KSL City Mall with the 7th floor as a giant pool scenery including a dinosaur themed water park and another 10 or so swimming pools (the top left pic is the brochure photo and the bottom left and the others are the real thing). Got a nice fully furnished apartment on the 16th floor (see red arrow on the photo) costing me MYR1,500 or EUR350 / month in rental. Got everything just an elevator hop away with supermarket, shopping and food outlets, the lot. My son went into overdrive when he saw the dinosaurs. :D

One of the big points of the location is that they have daily a free shuttle bus every 30 minutes from the shopping mall to the Singapore border checkpoint, getting me there or back in about 10 minutes. Crossed the border now a few times and the queuing has been between 20mins - 2hrs to get through both passport controls. Not the best, but i have plenty of time :)

My son: Probably the best week of my life and according to him, his as well. He stayed with me from Monday to Saturday and we thoroughly enjoyed the reunion. Agreed with her to see him 2-3x per week, picking up for school, doing homework with him and then enjoy some playtime; also he will spend every second weekend at my place.

Overall, things are looking bright at the moment and so far no regrets whatsoever to leave Thailand. Let's hope it stays like that :)

By the way, this picture shows my entire possesions when i moved to Malaysia --> all in 2 bags and 1 laptop (I didn't own the TV :D )

And this is the boy at the center of it all :)
(P.S. will remove these pics in a few hours again)

I'm really happy for you Harry. That looks just wonderful!
Great to see your boy and thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Enjoy life:D

Great to see you all settled in now.

The view looks amazing, hopefully you and your boy will be able to enjoy spending more time together now :)

Really really gorgeous view, good to see everything is working out.

Thx CJ and Sara :)

CJ could you please remove the pics from my son in your quote. I will remove them from my post as well in a few hours as I don't want them floating around on the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back