New Slot Announcement Phantom in the opera - Microgaming

gambyx7

Meister Member
Since the video of Jurassic World is released I am very interested in this new slot.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It seems it should be released by the end of month, but there are almost no info about the slot itself...

Maybe someone has more infos to share...

It seems strange they dont have any kind of trailer whatsoever. I know they mentioned the slot at ICE but if its set to release in two weeks pretty weird. Tells me it may be really bad lol but who knows.

Off topic I did see WMS is coming out a James Bond slot soonish

It's quite a good game, can't post my video until release day, but you'll like it I reckon. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to this....:)

I guess it is 243, medium variance, packed with features, good graphic and sounds, about 96,5% RTP...this is just pure guessing ...

Low variance drivel from Netent that behaves often like a high variance game - my verdict after doing a review.

- 5x4 format and 40 pay lines, never an exciting combination.
- minimum bet $0.20 --> $0.005 / pay line
- pay both ways
- 800x bet max win for a full screen of the top symbol....chance to hit probably 1:3million or even less,
- 3 features - Phantom Re-Spin, Pick-and-Click Bonus and unlimited Free Spins with a new mechanism when the round ends ....a chandelier hanging on 5 ropes with the Phantom symbol cutting one off every time it lands on. Phantom symbols become sticky stacked Wild symbols (we all know which reels will be mostly stacked, reel 3 on virtually every round :rolleyes: )

just did my first few hundred spins with play money and it will go straight into the "maybe one day to try with real money" games list. :oops:

Capture 913 (1024x589).jpg

But it's supposed to be an MG Game? :confused:
Are both suppliers releasing the same title shortly then?
Yeah - confusing thread!
Which is it guys - NetEnt or MG? :confused:
(Looks like NetEnt controls in the screenshot...)

KK

Yeah - confusing thread!
Which is it guys - NetEnt or MG? :confused:
(Looks like NetEnt controls in the screenshot...)

KK

NETENT Game - I guess this is the game they initially announced as "Universal Monsters" title in their July - September road map but that has been changed to "Phantom of the Opera", due for release on 24th July 2017

Capture 914.PNG

i know MG doesnt mind releasing copies of their old slots but to copy whole layout from netent slots is just too much imo

:D

plus there is no full screen of wilds trailer, so we know its not mg slot :oops:

i know MG doesnt mind releasing copies of their old slots but to copy whole layout from netent slots is just too much imo

:D

plus there is no full screen of wilds trailer, so we know its not mg slot :oops:

So they've gone from re-skinning their own games to re-skinning Netent games?

Now that's impressive :bubbles:

Lol, if it wasn't confusing it's getting confusing:p

What Harry posted is a screenie from NetEnt: the thread title itself, and the first 2 links posted to the Game it refers to, are MG.
So MG is not reskinning NetEnt Games etc, it appears that both providers are actually launching the same title in the same timeperiod..and as i said, i wonder how this is possible re: licensing:)

Someone in the know care to chime in?

Last edited:
This is a war, probably retaliation from Netent because MG made Gonzo Jim :D

Netent had an agreement for Universal Monsters. For those unfamiliar with them, the Universal Monsters movies were a creation of the early 20th century. Used to describe Universal films created between 1920 and 1950 which adopted the horror, suspense and science fiction genres, the Universal Monsters titles consisted of films such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Wolf Man and The Mummy. Along with The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Phantom of the Opera was one of the very first Universal Monsters films- both silent films.

Don't even know if they had plans to make The Phantom of the Opera, but they saw an opportunity and took it, when MG announced the news of The Phantom of the Opera. MG's licensing agreement is with The Really Useful Group (Andrew Lloyd Webber’s). The online slot will be based on the 2004 film featured Emmy Rossum :lick:

So no reskining or cloning or anything. Different license, different films, Netent has the 1925 film and MG the 2004 film.
We should do differend threads also, after all this has the wrong title. ;)

Lol, if it wasn't confusing it's getting confusing:p

What Harry posted is a screenie from NetEnt: the thread title itself, and the first 2 links posted to the Game it refers to, are MG.
So MG is not reskinning NetEnt Games etc, it appears that both providers are actually lunching the same title in the same timeperiod..and as i said, i wonder how this is possible re: licensing:)

Someone in the know care to chime in?

Sorry, I saw Microgaming in the thread title only after reading your post.

Initially, Netent announced that they signed with Universal Monsters to release a "Planet of the Ape" slot on 24th July. And that remained until a week ago when they were supposed to release the game sheet. When i checked on the 5th June I was quite surprised to see the "Phantom of the Opera" game sheet. Since then they changed as well their road map and removed the Universal Monsters title.

Now, as to how and when, no clue, TBH. But as long as Microgaming did not sign an exclusive deal for the Phantom Opera slot (which is actually impossible as RTG and Playtech released years ago slots with the same name), it allows them to sign deals with as many providers as they want. Hence, i suspect Netent signed with them as well, maybe not knowing that MG is already doing something.

Will be good though to see who is releasing the better slot?

Sorry, I saw Microgaming in the thread title only after reading your post.

Initially, Netent announced that they signed with Universal Monsters to release a "Planet of the Ape" slot on 24th July. And that remained until a week ago when they were supposed to release the game sheet. When i checked on the 5th June I was quite surprised to see the "Phantom of the Opera" game sheet. Since then they changed as well their road map and removed the Universal Monsters title.

Now, as to how and when, no clue, TBH. But as long as Microgaming did not sign an exclusive deal for the Phantom Opera slot (which is actually impossible as RTG and Playtech released years ago slots with the same name), it allows them to sign deals with as many providers as they want. Hence, i suspect Netent signed with them as well, maybe not knowing that MG is already doing something.

Will be good though to see who is releasing the better slot?

Np mate, didn't mean it as critic:p just was surprised that both providers would come with the same title..
Nikant's answer seems to shed a little light on the licensing part, but it's still quite remarkable in terms of release date: you'ld think that both marketing departments would be aware of each other's releases, and if so, then this indeed is a war of sorts:)

Np mate, didn't mean it as critic:p just was surprised that both providers would come with the same title..
Nikant's answer seems to shed a little light on the licensing part, but it's still quite remarkable in terms of release date: you'ld think that both marketing departments would be aware of each other's releases, and if so, then this indeed is a war of sorts:)

No worries, forgot to but some smileys into my post :)

Nikant indeed explained it all, clearly this is two giants pitching slots against each other!

Will be interesting to see which one becomes more popular. :D

I expect Netent's version will be better-looking and be the more 'fun' of the two, whilst MG's one will have a marginally better win potential ;)

I was going to post the exact same comment but add that MG will win the battle against netent when they actually go head to head.

Just to be clear MG loses every day of they week when they pump out slots like of late, where they dont care or put any effort into it. But MG is a monster and knows how to make a great high Variance game when they actually decide to try.

This is a war, probably retaliation from Netent because MG made Gonzo Jim :D

Netent had an agreement for Universal Monsters. For those unfamiliar with them, the Universal Monsters movies were a creation of the early 20th century. Used to describe Universal films created between 1920 and 1950 which adopted the horror, suspense and science fiction genres, the Universal Monsters titles consisted of films such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Wolf Man and The Mummy. Along with The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Phantom of the Opera was one of the very first Universal Monsters films- both silent films.

Don't even know if they had plans to make The Phantom of the Opera, but they saw an opportunity and took it, when MG announced the news of The Phantom of the Opera. MG's licensing agreement is with The Really Useful Group (Andrew Lloyd Webber’s). The online slot will be based on the 2004 film featured Emmy Rossum :lick:

So no reskining or cloning or anything. Different license, different films, Netent has the 1925 film and MG the 2004 film.
We should do differend threads also, after all this has the wrong title. ;)

And creature from the black lagoon..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back