Personal attacks need to stop.

I agree. There isn't any fault in encouraging civil behavior and I commend it, but the "Thanks" button control measure is unnecessary. If there is an offensive post, why don't you just prevent the post from being thanked?

I understand the technological complications involved with controlling problem posters, but why add problem thanker controls to the mix? Handle the poster.

Removing someone's button as punishment for thanking a nasty post is comical to me. I think it would be even more comical, if a little line of script beneath the avatar, said banned for being a bad thanker

I think I've only suspended Thanking privileges for about five people over the years. Four of these individuals found themselves eventually banned for repeated flaming, and one's thanking privileges was just reinstated today :thumbsup: :p

It's not about micro-management, nor ego. It's about trying to encourage an attitude change.

When people use the 'Thanks' button to basically say 'Yeah, F you!' then it's a problem. Not conducive to a community spirit you might say.

Absolutely! This is a mentoring measure that has been used sparingly to say the least and imo it's a legitimate way to reinforce the message for those who insist on trying to put the knife in in an oblique manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back