People can be such idiots

amatrine

Crazy Cat Lady
Ok, I posted a version of Misters letter about Kyle here on Craigslist , and look at this response I got!

response : You will be the first to blame politicians if you get "taken" by an online gambling scam, and there are plenty. Then you would want the Gov't to make restitution because they "allowed" the gambling scams. No-one is telling you how to spend your "disposable" money. Being the good liberal that you are though, why don't you give it to people who need more just to live? That's the good liberal way. Typical of most people today, you just want what you want, with no thought about consequences. Kyl makes a handy whipping post is all ""

What an IDIOT!

Anyway here was my reply: am a far cry from a liberal. I have been gambling online for 5 years and have never fallen for any kind of scam. I do my homework:) If I had, I would never blame the government. Though that brings to mind , that they could try regualation rather than prohabition, if they really want to keep those tax dollars here. It would also weed out the scumbag operations that do exist.
As far as helping others? I do it all the time. Just because I like to play bingo online does not make me a liberal. If that was the case, I guess my grandmother and all her friends that goto the bingo hall are liberals too.
What concerns me most is that there was no vote on this issue and it was put on a very important bill that needed to be signed, and it has nothing to do with port security. By the way Fritz is also the one who got the bill passed for
a cap of $250 thousand dollars on sueing pharmacutical companies in the same way. I love my country and I believe in a fair democratic precoess.

Anyway,.... If anyone wants to help me out here, its under craiglsist under community , in Arizona phoenix area. Thanks

Ama

Well, I did my part. Boy, there are a bunch of nutballs on Craigs list.

.............my silly post
.What about online shopping? Ever send good money and get junk? You are protected and get your money back. But you are free to shop. What about lottery tickets. Every spend 100 dollars to make 5? But you are free to purchase. What about horse racing. Ever go just for the thrill but only end up loosing a few bucks? But you are free to purchase. What about buying a bottle of wine in the store and you get drunk? Well, you are free to purchase. All of these areas are your freedoms even though they can cause a potential addiction reaction - they are regulated so scammers think twice before they act. The point is..our freedom online and or freedom to think for ourselves (and take the consequences) are at risk. Precedents are being set. Truly criminal activities should be targeted only, gambling is gambling. Its regulated and legal outside of the Internet. There can be no double standards!
Fru
.....................................................................................................
Now I read it it sounds dorky but it's my opinon.:)

Re

I know, I never post in the community section unless Im trying to find a home for a pet or something,lol There are some real dumb and obnoxious people that post in there,lol But I figure there are people that read in there with a level head, so at least they can see the issue. Plus these are internet users,
so it may strike a chord.

Ama

More of my 2 cents...

I threw a little something in there too just to bolster our cause...I didnt see
it there yet...Lots of bashing going on there.

Re

I saw your posting. Great post! To much political sterotping in that forum here though, it gets crazy in there with some posters who sont know their head from their toes.

Ama

Ok, I posted a version of Misters letter about Kyle here on Craigslist , and look at this response I got!

response : You will be the first to blame politicians if you get "taken" by an online gambling scam, and there are plenty. Then you would want the Gov't to make restitution because they "allowed" the gambling scams. No-one is telling you how to spend your "disposable" money. Being the good liberal that you are though, why don't you give it to people who need more just to live? That's the good liberal way. Typical of most people today, you just want what you want, with no thought about consequences. Kyl makes a handy whipping post is all ""

What an IDIOT!

Anyway here was my reply: am a far cry from a liberal. I have been gambling online for 5 years and have never fallen for any kind of scam. I do my homework:) If I had, I would never blame the government. Though that brings to mind , that they could try regualation rather than prohabition, if they really want to keep those tax dollars here. It would also weed out the scumbag operations that do exist.
As far as helping others? I do it all the time. Just because I like to play bingo online does not make me a liberal. If that was the case, I guess my grandmother and all her friends that goto the bingo hall are liberals too.
What concerns me most is that there was no vote on this issue and it was put on a very important bill that needed to be signed, and it has nothing to do with port security. By the way Fritz is also the one who got the bill passed for
a cap of $250 thousand dollars on sueing pharmacutical companies in the same way. I love my country and I believe in a fair democratic precoess.

Anyway,.... If anyone wants to help me out here, its under craiglsist under community , in Arizona phoenix area. Thanks

Ama

IMO, the best response is one which adds additional points to your argument, as you have done here Amatrine and kudos to you for that, and for keeping your cool.

Posting on Internet message boards is always going to carry the risk of someone having an opposing and even strongly felt view, and there are those who are incapable of controlling themselves for a courteous response, or some who simply revel in taking an abusive or intimidatory approach.

You presented an honest view, and most will respect you for that.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back