Paddy Power takes bets on extinction

lots0

Banned User - troll posts - flaming
What is the next species go extinct in the Gulf of Mexico?

You got an idea what it is going to be, you can bet on it.... at Paddy Power.

Feelings about this anyone?

Is this OK?

Feelings about this anyone?

Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Too bad "BP Executive #1", "BP Executive #2", etc weren't on the list.

My thoughts exactly.

I like the guys at PP and WAS an aff of theirs till this came out.

But this is not just bad taste... it goes beyond that.

I just heard about this today and I dont understand their reasoning behind taking bets over such a sad situation. Betting on whether or not a species will become extinct because of a catastrophe doesn't seam to sit well with me at all.

This is just more controversy the site seams to be dishing out as it recently sponsored a church confessional box also.

What will they do next? I'm not sure I want to know :(

As horrible as this sounds, there are bookies that will take bets on when certain celebrities will die, and a number of other disgusting items. It's a sordid side of the gambling world.

So, yeah, I am not surprised. This is just one of the many disgusting bets being offered. On line and in the real world this is not a once in a while happening.

Max, good choices to add to the list! :thumbsup:

Ya I know... but this just feels different to me.

Not like I am opposed to bets like that. I even took a bet on when the US was gonna kill Osama Binlardass (and lost).

But the fact we are killing off an entire Eco system, maybe even a good part of the Atlantic Ocean... Kinda makes me sick.

I keep looking at those live feed images of the oil spill, 16 hours after they injected the mud... it does not look like it's stopping and it should have by now... So what are they going to do next? Drop a nuke on it? :(:(:(

I live in Florida so this spill is worrying be a lot. I cannot figure out why there wasn't a plan in place for this type of disaster. They should have been able to contain it immediately in my opinion. You know the saying, "Don't dig yourself in a whole that you can't get yourself out of." That is exactly what it looks like they have done. :(

Well here is a link to the live pic of the underwater gusher...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

P.S. you don't have to download that octoshape thing. just cancel it and the video will start.

It ain't stopped or even slowed down... Top Kill was a failure. :puke:
and they are not talking about they are going to do next.

So it looks like we will have to wait months... maybe years before this stops.

Big oil really screwed us this time.

But the fact we are killing off an entire Eco system, maybe even a good part of the Atlantic Ocean... Kinda makes me sick.

I keep looking at those live feed images of the oil spill, 16 hours after they injected the mud... it does not look like it's stopping and it should have by now... So what are they going to do next? Drop a nuke on it? :(:(:(

It is sickening, Lotso. Seems like every man made disaster just gets bigger and bigger.

Did you say Nuke? If we can not handle getting to the oil below the oceans safely, I shudder to think what would happen should we be forced to eventually turn to nuclear power. Scary Chit.

I just heard the secretary of the interior say that this undersea oil gusher is to date the largest man made disaster in human history... and its far from over yet.

By 'drop a nuke' on it I meant just that, drop a friggin bunker buster nuke, the kind of bunker busters we have sitting around waiting to take out kim dunghill and his buddies, about 1/4 mile from the hole. Bet that would seal it up.

It's almost one of those things that you don't realize how serious it is until you actually see it with your own eyes. We should send some pics to the people over at Paddy Power so they can see just what it is they are making a big joke out of. This is definitely no joke and millions of animals and people will be affected by this horrible disaster.

Get them down on the beaches with the clean-up crews, up to their necks in the filth and the dying birds. Wonder how clever they'd feel then, maybe not so much.

Almost as good as Virtuals 911 bonus a couple of years ago..

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Virtual Danny is moonlighting at PP?

Also, I'm glad that they could face criminal charges, but imo, they're going to end up getting a slap on the wrist, if anything

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

BP faces a criminal investigation into the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, as its shares slide for a second day and a world renowned expert tells Channel 4 News the oil giant's new plan has 'slim' chances.

I love it:

Since the disaster began, BP has lost a third of its market value - or £46bn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back