Pacific Poker Shorthanded Tournament Formats Suck (and is a ripoff)

chalupa

Experienced Member
The 5-player and 6-player tournaments at Pacific Poker have undergone various inexplicable payout format changes over the last year or so.

But they have now settled on an awful format which pays out THREE places. For example, a $100 + $9 buy-in 5-player pays:

1st - $250
2nd - $150
3rd - $100

This is ridiculous. That's like paying SIX places in a 10-player tournament.

Who wants to enter a tournament where you can "win" (3rd place) and still lose money?

More importantly, flattening the prize pool so much effectively makes the profit for 1st and 2nd be more like a properly structured $50 entry tournament... except that you are paying a rake that's twice as high (and risking twice as much entry fee) because it's a $100 tournament.

If you agree it's lame, Pacific has a suggestion form, go to pacificpoker.com and click Contact Us, then "Feeback/Other Questions", and select "Game Suggestions".

I have done that and did receive a reply saying the suggestion would be passed along, but so far no change.

I'd encourage anyone who feels the same as me to make a similar suggestion.

If you don't feel the same, don't tell Pacific. :) Instead go to communistpoker.com, they pay out 5 places in a 5-player tournament and everybody loses.

Just out of curiosity, there are dozens of Poker Rooms out there. They offer better tournaments than these of Pacific Poker, and they have fastest payouts (I think Pacific Poker has the longest payouts,when it comes to trustworthy poker sites!)

So why don't you try another Poker Room? Just making a suggestion...

I do play other sites, but it's hard to find better fish than those in the Pacific ocean!

And you're right, Pacific also has slow payouts.

And their software is clunky and slow, with poor reconnection ability. Only very recently did they add the capability to play more than one table.

Heck, even their card images are ugly.

But... did I mention the fish? :)

I have not played at Pacific in a long time for the reasons stated. Even the fish content doesnt help sway me. I agree that structure is awful. I've never seen a tourney where you could win and still lose with the exception of live events where you can win a couple of hundred dollars and get stuck with a W2G for the win+ buyin amount. That is only a theoretical tax loss, this is a real loss.

Thats awful. I dont play there but will complain for you that is so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back