Oxford University to study Internet gambling

jetset

RIP Brian
NEW ONLINE GAMBLING STUDY

Oxford university study funded by ESRC and RIGT

Another research study into online gambling has been launched in the UK, this one under the respected banner of Oxford University and funded jointly by the Economic and Social Research Council and the Responsibility in Gambling Trust.

Oxford's Internet Institute, assisted by other research elements at the university will conduct the web-based survey of online gambling website users in order to "...build an empirically anchored picture of the implications of various patterns of online gambling."

The Remote Gambling Association (RGA) and the European Gaming and Betting Association (EGBA), which represents British and European remote gambling operators support the study.

A spokesman for the Oxford Internet Institute said that the anonymous survey would ask online gambling site users to complete a 20-minute online questionnaire with the data collection organised in such a way that respondents could not be identified or traced.

The survey itself can be found at www.oxfordgamblingsurvey.org, which a number of major online gambling sites have linked to in order to make access easier for players.

Me too..

It was very long...but easy except for the drinking part..I don't drink and that wasn't a choice...hmmmm...

Never had an IPOD..guess I could give it to my grand daughter :D

Hope you're one of the winners - iPods are really easy to use and deliver fantastic and versatile audio - once you've used one there's no going back!

I think i might be addicted to buying ipods lol already got the video one, nano & the new shuffle, plus i gave my bro a 60gb one free :eek:

Yes i think that is an addiction, in my gym one of our members buys anything to do with mac, if the new shuffle comes out he gets it, the new mac image has become highly addictive for people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back