Our Premier is an idiot, or is he?

bebo67

RIP Bebo
Where most of us Canadian members live, is in the province of Ontario. We have a newly elected premier who has slashed everything from Autism services, education, health care. the list goes on. Our province had a huge debt, but the services he slashed were and are very vital. Today this has been announced.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Well, none of his shady cronies are making money on autism.

My daughter has two sons on the spectrum. Wait lists they had almost risen to the top of have been scrapped.
Absolutely horrible. My daughter is on the spectrum too. I had great services when she was younger. Board of Ed, even paid for a teacher to come to the home for her lessons. I had respite care once a week. She was finally able to go to high school. Half day in special ed class, and the other half assimilated in regular classes.
Also art therapy paid for, to this day, she still loves her art and can sit quietly for hours drawing and colouring. Sadly, she is an adult now, and there is a 3 year wait list for community living housing.

I don't live in Canada but live in Ireland that has politicians with similar ideas and I think they are all idiots. Slash funding for programs that vastly increase the quality and opportunities of life of Autistic children is stupid in the short term and very costly in the long term.

There have been many studies that show Autistic children that get early intervention by way of programs (educational and behavioural) fare much better than those that don't. Children that were in the mid-range of the spectrum were able to grow up and lead productive and normal lives if they had these programs if they didn't they ended up on state welfare forever.

I know a child who is on the spectrum not sure where but I guess mid-range (no speech until speech therapy at the age of 3). That child had intense early intervention, speech therapy, behaviour modification therapy (teaching social cues etc.) and occupational therapy. With the help of these programs this child was able to transition from a special school to normal middle and high school with no difficulties and has bright prospects. Who knows where the child would be today without those programs? So yes your Premiere is a moron.

Investing 10 million in horse racing, and even more for Gambling, at a cost to these programs. I guess we can safely say Netent will be coming here?

I don't live in Canada but live in Ireland that has politicians with similar ideas and I think they are all idiots. Slash funding for programs that vastly increase the quality and opportunities of life of Autistic children is stupid in the short term and very costly in the long term.

There have been many studies that show Autistic children that get early intervention by way of programs (educational and behavioural) fare much better than those that don't. Children that were in the mid-range of the spectrum were able to grow up and lead productive and normal lives if they had these programs if they didn't they ended up on state welfare forever.

I know a child who is on the spectrum not sure where but I guess mid-range (no speech until speech therapy at the age of 3). That child had intense early intervention, speech therapy, behaviour modification therapy (teaching social cues etc.) and occupational therapy. With the help of these programs this child was able to transition from a special school to normal middle and high school with no difficulties and has bright prospects. Who knows where the child would be today without those programs? So yes your Premiere is a moron.
I had early intervention with my daughter, at 6 months of age. She was delayed verbally, but has become off the wall in how articulate her grammar is. Her choices and inability to filter her mouth has not fared so well.

Where most of us Canadian members live, is in the province of Ontario. We have a newly elected premier who has slashed everything from Autism services, education, health care. the list goes on. Our province had a huge debt, but the services he slashed were and are very vital. Today this has been announced.
Thank your lucky stars you don't have a bunch of Europeans holding your country to ransom..

I don't like Trump but when he said Europe is making a laughing stock of the UK he was spot on.

I also don't live in Canada, but this strikes home on such a personal level. I have Asperger's - along with a very high IQ of 145. If only help in the form of behavioural programs had been around when I was growing up, then my life would have been so different.

As it is, it has been one struggle after another, and even though I manage in Society, I don't actually fit. Definitely no filter between my brain and my mouth, and what I perceive as 'normal' behaviour is so off-the-wall it is unreal. I have learned to moderate my behaviour, but I have to think so carefully about what I do - and - say that it is so tiring, and consumes just about all of my energy. So I keep to myself - it is just better this way.

As someone once said, "It's been a lonely life", and that sums up my life perfectly. I would not wish this existence on anyone, and the thought of all those poor kids who could have a fighting chance of living a relatively normal life, but being denied the opportunity - $10mill on horse racing? FFS! :mad: - and so ending up like me, is absolutely heartbreaking.

I also don't live in Canada, but this strikes home on such a personal level. I have Asperger's - along with a very high IQ of 145. If only help in the form of behavioural programs had been around when I was growing up, then my life would have been so different.

As it is, it has been one struggle after another, and even though I manage in Society, I don't actually fit. Definitely no filter between my brain and my mouth, and what I perceive as 'normal' behaviour is so off-the-wall it is unreal. I have learned to moderate my behaviour, but I have to think so carefully about what I do - and - say that it is so tiring, and consumes just about all of my energy. So I keep to myself - it is just better this way.

As someone once said, "It's been a lonely life", and that sums up my life perfectly. I would not wish this existence on anyone, and the thought of all those poor kids who could have a fighting chance of living a relatively normal life, but being denied the opportunity - $10mill on horse racing? FFS! :mad: - and so ending up like me, is absolutely heartbreaking.
I am sorry you have to go through that Ladyhawke.

You and my daughter would get alone great. I feel for you, it is an isolated world. I have seen it.

can you smoke marijuana in public in canada?

and what about the cannabis oil people say is good for all kinds of medical problems, is that legal to buy?
pot is legal here, but limited to >

Mack wants to move to Canada:p. I want to move out of Canada, I was honestly looking at what the jobs were in the states as they are begging for employees same as here though except cheaper living. People are shocked by how much we pay for things here even from other provinces, It's 3000 month to live for us and that's just house and food and utilities. We are talking about moving somewhere as it's too crazy here.

Our premier is an idiot! :eek:
Re-branding Ontario is his first priority. He also thinks he is the "Don". Fining gas stations if they dont have anti-carbon stickers on their pumps. Booze allowed on the streets and in parks, taking monthly cheques away from families who have autistic children, and giving them a one lump payment a year that wont remotely cover expenses. Cutting 1 billion away from disability, large class sizes, taking away rent control so landlords can charge what ever they want on new places. The list goes on and on and ............on!

Our premier is an idiot! :eek:
Re-branding Ontario is his first priority. He also thinks he is the "Don". Fining gas stations if they dont have anti-carbon stickers on their pumps. Booze allowed on the streets and in parks, taking monthly cheques away from families who have autistic children, and giving them a one lump payment a year that wont remotely cover expenses. Cutting 1 billion away from disability, large class sizes, taking away rent control so landlords can charge what ever they want on new places. The list goes on and on and ............on!

You could send him over here - sounds like a good fit for the tories and they will have a vacancy coming up shortly ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back