Oprah

secret2

irishbrit62
Today.The last of her shows.

I have saved on DVR her last 2 weeks.

I have learned so much about myself through her, more so than I trusted my own thoughts about my own ideas about myself. She brought more meaning ...meaning that she helped to sort out my emotions that I didn't understand.NOT only about myself but about other human beings, regardless of race, religion, or anything that we do not relate to.Kudos:notworthy
She is a true teacher.

God Bless, Oprah and thanks so much.

"Just be kind". Is my daily objective.

"To God be the Glory" (Oprah's last words after 25 years)

I'd be interested to know exactly how much money she has made from her wonderful contribution to society.

It's also interesting how she quotes her strong belief in God. One of Jesus' famous statements was " It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven". If he were alive today, I would think he'd be quite disgusted with someone making millions on the back of others' misery.

Always the cynic Nifty!:p

Cheers
Gremmy

Yeah, probably more often than not.

When it comes to charity, I have enormous respect for the average Joe who earns $400 a week and donates $50 whenever red cross etc come knocking and those who donate their time freely to help those in need involving no personal gain whatsoever.....and don't mention it to anybody. Oprah has to advertise her "good works" to keep those ratings up and the cash rolling in.

I have little respect for billionaires who throw a few million around here and there and write them off at tax time. Anything Oprah has given away, she wouldn't have missed in the slightest.

I'm more of a Springer kinda guy ;)

Shame to see her bow out, especially considering her age, but I suppose the attraction of running a network and being in the background was too great for her. Not like shes short of a few quid!

I love Gayle King & Oprah.
I wish the very best for Oprah.& her team.
They will never find a better person to take her spot.
The best 25 years of a great show will be missed.
~T~
Oprah said everyone can write to her if you like at Oprah@Oprah.com

Old Attachment (Invalid)

And Gayle King is a Connecticut Girl.
I met them both from the time Gayle worked for Channel 3 news in Hartford.
Two great people.
gayle%2Bking.jpg

Wow

Who's Oprah? :what:

LOL!

SO, after I watched Oprah (ya can google her and I am sure that at least one answer will tell you about this 'new and up and coming star' is):axeman2:...>

...> Ok , I am SURE that Oprah does NOT believe in violence.....;)..so I am just gonna have to watch her entire 25 years ..again . And I will report on each and every show.

Stay tuned.:cool:.....:lolup:

Seriously?

Watch Oprah's final show and FEEL how we can all change. Listen to her. Allow yourself to listen to her.

ShE has done so much! ..and puuuhleeeze , stop with the 'her motive'. SHE rocked and still rocks. I love people like her. Has the courage. Has the backbone. And has had the integrity. She is not only a great teacher but a great listener.

What ever your 'poltical views' are....Don't tell me that she did not help.

Like the 'Sex Pistols' and like 'Madonna'...they both made the change and shaped our own personal 'freedom'...and then the world 'opened' for us to make a pathway to 'allow 'ourselves to truly become 'free'.

FRRRREEEDOM!...(except if you are in the US and ..blah, blah, blah..lol ;))

Watch Oprah's final show and FEEL how we can all change. Listen to her. Allow yourself to listen to her.

ShE has done so much! ..and puuuhleeeze , stop with the 'her motive'. SHE rocked and still rocks. I love people like her. Has the courage. Has the backbone. And has had the integrity. She is not only a great teacher but a great listener.

What ever your 'poltical views' are....Don't tell me that she did not help.

Like the 'Sex Pistols' and like 'Madonna'...they both made the change and shaped our own personal 'freedom'...and then the world 'opened' for us to make a pathway to 'allow 'ourselves to truly become 'free'.

FRRRREEEDOM!...(except if you are in the US and ..blah, blah, blah..lol ;))

She did not help.

She is a very astute businesswoman, and everything she does is about PR.....and PR means cash. So she throws a few scraps to some charities, and gives cars and holidays to those who don't need them. Big deal.

I think its so sad that anyone has to live their lives by what Oprah says. So sad.

She did not help.

She is a very astute businesswoman, and everything she does is about PR.....and PR means cash. So she throws a few scraps to some charities, and gives cars and holidays to those who don't need them. Big deal.

I think its so sad that anyone has to live their lives by what Oprah says. So sad.

Geez nifty do you get paid to be this way or what? I really wish the bird of happiness would fly up your schnozzola and tickle something. :)

Geez nifty do you get paid to be this way or what? I really wish the bird of happiness would fly up your schnozzola and tickle something. :)

No, its got nothing to do with being happy or unhappy.

I just don't like people like Oprah claiming the moral high ground as they rake in the billions. It's all a charade.

Anyway, its a personal opinion and I respect that yours is different.

"To God be the Glory" (but I'll take the money .....)

If I was Oprah (oh my... :D) - I would give 99% of my money to charity (iirc, she owns about $2.700.000.000). Can't even imagine how to spend so much money on myself :rolleyes:

I just don't like people like Oprah claiming the moral high ground as they rake in the billions. It's all a charade.

Ok Nifty fair enough. :cheers:

I actually understand and respect your opinion on Oprah, Nifty. Trust me, I had my ups and downs with Oprah..politically and sometimes a show or two threw me off..but at the end of the day . She does good. She doesn't do evil...not that I know...I don't think she's into devil-worship.;)

So what if she's a billionaire. She has done so much in helping others. So, having said that, being good is good. So good for her. It's all good.:p

Just because your cup runneth (sp?) over with cash doesn't mean you're lacking in compassion or concern for the rest of the world. It means you picked a good career choice or knew how to market yourself or were born to money, my personal favorite :) It also doesn't mean you have to give it all away in order to be spiritual. It's give and take and I'm sure Oprah has given much more to the world than she has taken. How many of us can say that about ourselves. Whatever your feelings are about her, she sure has entertained a lot of people for a long time. Dr. Phil? Now that ones a mystery to me. lol But more power to him since so many people in this world are in definite need of counseling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back