one of THOSE kind of days

*sigh*
Just got off an overnight shift..havent done one of those in ages, was 30 degrees and muggy as all get out, eaten by bugs, and my back feels broken lol, exhausted as Hell.
Because last minute for the overnight, got paid cash, and thought, you know, I deserve to treat myself to a big CC and GUTS deppo.
And bam! Lost in such a short order. (no, not GUTS fault, just sucked). Decided, fuggit, not gonna stress it, go to bed and read...reached in pocket, cell phone gone...must have fallen out in parking lot.

I live in a tourist resort town. It aint coming back.....most damned expensive phone I ever owned lol and sure as heck can't afford to replace it....I LIVE by it, only way I sleep at night is reading.

Rant over. Just one of THOSE days. We all have 'em. Just not looking good for the week. :p

Lol, ya, why I posted - perspective.
End of day, it's a phone. But man, first time I've treated myself to a good one, because weirdly, I don't use a phone - I wanted a screen big enough to ready by, because I faithfully read every night..lus pics and music. And this thing - never had one scratch, I babied it! Always secured, always at home, never have keys or coins in same pocket.

But because I wore cargo pants for work (ie, a zillion baggy pockets) - it slipped out in the parking lot.
Sigh.
Maybe in 2017 I'll replace it lol

Lol, ya, why I posted - perspective.
End of day, it's a phone. But man, first time I've treated myself to a good one, because weirdly, I don't use a phone - I wanted a screen big enough to ready by, because I faithfully read every night..lus pics and music. And this thing - never had one scratch, I babied it! Always secured, always at home, never have keys or coins in same pocket.

But because I wore cargo pants for work (ie, a zillion baggy pockets) - it slipped out in the parking lot.
Sigh.
Maybe in 2017 I'll replace it lol

I do feel for you man. First off it was probably quite expensive and secondly we pretty much all store a lot of personal stuff on there as it is. Given that long day you had as well, sometimes nothing goes right. I'm all for chipping in to help you replace it along with a few other members if anyone's up for it!

Lol, no no, not a pity party.
I just needed to vent before I sat home and went batshit....in these circumstances, I'd say, screw it and go read in bed.

However, I read from my phone lol (and I'm gonna go bonkers. I never get to sleep but pretty much trained the body, a few pages off my phone, I knock right off). Just a chitty day is all. :thumbsup:

Don't give up all hope. More good people out there than bad.

Kiddo lost my cell phone once. We checked with police to see if it had been turned it, no such luck.

Called again two weeks later, there it was.

Check more than once with the business(es) that have the parking lot. Sometimes people don't return things straight away because it's not convenient.

Found a cell once, we called the number marked "Mom", if your phone is not locked.

Lost and Found ads are usually free in local papers, never hurts to try.

Lol, no no, not a pity party.
I just needed to vent before I sat home and went batshit....in these circumstances, I'd say, screw it and go read in bed.

However, I read from my phone lol (and I'm gonna go bonkers. I never get to sleep but pretty much trained the body, a few pages off my phone, I knock right off). Just a chitty day is all. :thumbsup:

Well that's easy to solve. Grab the home phone and sellotape a book to it

Cheers for the well wishes, but nah, it's a goner. There's no time nor data on it and GPS is off. I literally just use it every day to read. It's also screen locked.

Town is literally tourist haven. I just got off working security for 500 outdoor, drunken, coked out, horned up prom night teenagers on holiday - some happy teen in enjoying a new cell.

After the sex antics, broken noses, ODs and vomit...I'm a little low on faith in humanity lmao

Dang, I lost my phone when i lived near Niagara and feared the worst because it was near Fallsview. I used the tool and found it outside :p

Ya, my last was set up to track. This one was pretty much a 'use at home' kind of phone. Just brought it to work because knew there was a lull period in the wee hours...otherwise it'd be safe as houses....and I'd never have it in baggy pants but for the job.

These days though, theives are clever enough to rip out the SIM in the first 5 minutes and use it blank than fight unlocking it.

Cheers for the well wishes, but nah, it's a goner. There's no time nor data on it and GPS is off. I literally just use it every day to read. It's also screen locked.

Town is literally tourist haven. I just got off working security for 500 outdoor, drunken, coked out, horned up prom night teenagers on holiday - some happy teen in enjoying a new cell.

After the sex antics, broken noses, ODs and vomit...I'm a little low on faith in humanity lmao

I didn't know you'd visited the Houses Of Parliament??

Well if it makes you feel any better, just found out I have to pay Revenue Canada just under $3000 for over contributing to our tax free savings account. Had a shitty week too -- pool broken -- hot tub leaking.

Sorry about your phone though. My deposits however at Guts never do last long so I don't play there anymore.

Hope you have a better week ahead.

ya, near about to chuck er all in, no WDs. And I hear ya about the hot tub, mine died this week. didnt even get to use it this year. :(
And me and my broken back bloody damn well miss it.

Shitty news on the taxes, sorry.

That really sucks alot.

I even feel bad that you dont have it to read before you sleep. I have my laptop beside me at night time and read until I get tired and then put something on youtube. And I turn my fan on for white noise.

Without those things, I cannot sleep. Even when I travel I bring my laptop and fan lol

That really sucks alot.

I even feel bad that you dont have it to read before you sleep. I have my laptop beside me at night time and read until I get tired and then put something on youtube. And I turn my fan on for white noise.

Without those things, I cannot sleep. Even when I travel I bring my laptop and fan lol

100% agree - GOT to have my fan, lol. Sometimes two. :D

I deserve to treat myself to a big CC and GUTS deppo.
And bam! Lost in such a short order. (no, not GUTS fault, just sucked). Decided, fuggit, not gonna stress it, go to bed and read...reached in pocket, cell phone gone...must have fallen out in parking lot.

baah.....that's just money it's alright, you'll get it back!

But i'll admit for your phone.....would be like :sob: ...geezz that sucks...specially if you had lot's of personal data ects...
...hummm..this reminds me to back up all my data, been a while......Hope you did Dion :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back