One for my baby

davey

Dormant account
My 18 year old daughter was rushed by ambulance to hospital today and is being operated on in the morning. They told me it's not life threatening but I thought I better get on the right side of the bloke upstairs and post a story my Mum found years ago in an old church. Forgive me if you have heard it before.

It’s called “The Trouble Tree”

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse and after he had finished a rough first day on the job, a flat tyre made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton ute refused to start. As I drove him home he sat in stony silence.

On arrival he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. Upon opening the door he had undergone an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

After dinner he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do at the little tree.

“Oh, that’s my trouble tree,” he replied. “I know I can’t help having troubles on the job, but one thing’s for sure, those troubles don’t belong in the house with my wife and children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again. Funny thing is,” he smiled, when I come out in the morning to pick them up, there aren’t nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.”

Author unknown.

Thanks Maree

Thanks a million Maree. Coincidentally Maree is my girls middle name. My wife's just arrived home so its my shift at the hospital.
Cheers
Davey

I never heard of that story before and the strange thing is I was cleaning today looking at the spot in the corner by my front door. It always looks so blank and it bothers me. I stopped cleaning to check Cm and read this and now I know I'm gonna go buy the cutest little tree I can find and plant it right in that corner. Thank you !!!! I may even copy your post and put it in a frame right above the tree to remind everyone that my house is a trouble free zone.

I hope all is well for you and your daughter. Please let us know how all turns out.

Operation a roaring success

My daughter had her surgery today and although she's very tender in the lower back area it was successful.
It was the weirdest thing although aparently very common. Originally it was just an ingrown hair (can't remember the medical term) on her cocksis (help! where's the spellcheck?) ie just above the bottom. However it is extremely common and one of the most painful ailments you can have. The doctor said the pain is comparable with a kidney stone.
The ingrown hair forms an abcess under the skin that has to be cut out leaving a wound that is left open for a week so the infection can be controlled.
All has gone well so far and she should be home by the weekend.

Thanks a million for your thoughts
Davey

Thanks a million Maree. Coincidentally Maree is my girls middle name. My wife's just arrived home so its my shift at the hospital.
Cheers
Davey

Is this your wife's account Davey? Might want to get her to log out before you post :p

Glad it all went well, Hope her recovery goes just as well. It does seem to be a fairly common thing a few of my friends have had to have the same surgery and the hairs can also be quite long before detected.

Cheers
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back