OmG, look at this blunder from a popular staking site

3mptyseat

Non-Gambler
Here are the details, this guy needs to prove his bankroll to a parttime poker moderator, and the mod "hates instant messaging programs' hence does not have any screen sharing program... The horse in question has self banned himself from the cash games, so his options are a) to wait for another mod b)to signup for a multiplayer sng at the $5k level to prove br (hopefully an empty one) or c)signup for a 5k Heads Up sng and hope no one sits down...

what does he do?

C)
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

OK I read it all through, but I am not clear.
He said he doesn't play cash games, and talked about losing 5k.
Is that 5k in "play" chips, meaning just play money for poker stars?

I also don't understand the abbreviations, so not clear.
HU? BAP? SNG?

OK I read it all through, but I am not clear.
He said he doesn't play cash games, and talked about losing 5k.
Is that 5k in "play" chips, meaning just play money for poker stars?

I also don't understand the abbreviations, so not clear.
HU? BAP? SNG?
HU=Heads Up, SNG=Sit n' Go, BAP=Buy A Piece=LOL

the poker room lets you run skype while your playing ?

isn't that a a live communicating/visual with any other skype user
and a way to collude [form of cheating at the game]

please correct me if im wrong i know that the poker rooms t/c tells us that they use computer scrapping technologies to protect and catch colluders

if im technically wrong than my apologies
R. C.

link to description of computer scraping
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

the poker room lets you run skype while your playing ?

isn't that a a live communicating/visual with any other skype user
and a way to collude [form of cheating at the game]

please correct me if im wrong i know that the poker rooms t/c tells us that they use computer scrapping technologies to protect and catch colluder's

if im technically wrong than my apologies
R. C.

Yeah, I believe ur wrong, but its a touch confusing...
I am unaware of any poker client that keeps u from running chat programs at the same time, in fact UB/AP have a buddy talk program as part of their suite(not that they are a model of integrity, but thats the extreme)

That being said, there is not a poker room around whose TOS allows collusion...
The way that they monitor it is by hand history analysis, ip monitoring, and through p2p transfer analysis. They run algo's (so they claim) that can determine normal betting habits for a player and then they cross reference these habits versus any abstractions from this norm that might take place when playing with or against certain folks... Of course, to notice a pattern that is sound, and then a deviation from said pattern, it takes tens of thousands of hands, so there is def. collusion at some games on every site...

I think thats about all I know, but safe to say, even with the giants of the industry, their securities are not tamper proof... Earlier this year I received 2 refunds from pokerstars for losses suffered at the hands of cheats working together in the Double or Nothing SNG's and I just read about a refund on Full Tilt for a bot plot, as the case may be...

I think sites should do better to prevent collusion. I understand that stopping it is very difficult but I just think that there must be a way to stop it somehow.

action at ftp taking i m o

on colliding i think rush poker[ ftp only has it ] has put up a wall to it
because of the fact that no player knows who they will play with in the very next hand ,being shuffled around with on average of between 300/500 player pool

down side is the that the player inter action is removed and it seams like video poker [nothing beats a home game ]

I think sites should do better to prevent collusion. I understand that stopping it is very difficult but I just think that there must be a way to stop it somehow.

There isn't, IMO, so I just don't play poker online anymore. I finally woke up and realized that the reason online poker is so difficult is likely because collusion is rampant at every single level. But that's just my opinion, so who can say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back