OLG glitch turns $1M win into $5,000

wangpoker

Dormant Account
webmeister
PABnononaccred2
Video poker machines shut down while agency investgates
Jun 12, 2009 04:30 AM

A man whose video poker machines twice proclaimed him a millionaire last weekend only got to take home $1,000 and $4,000 instead.

The computer glitch that led to the million-dollar messages has led the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. to shut down all of its 296 video poker machines, while the province's gaming watchdog investigates what caused the glitch.

Because the machines have a $40,000 win limit, OLG spokesperson Don Pister said the problem was "clearly a malfunction."

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Well, the OLG could have pulled out the "Malfunction voids all play" card like they did recently with a 2cent machine that displayed a win of $42 million...they did not offer that player even the current jackpot.

But they should have shut that machine down after the first incorrect display. I assume after the first hand pay (don't know if it was the $1,000 or $4,000 win) the player was satisfied that he was paid correctly for the hand and continued on playing. I'm pretty sure that there are only 4 of these machines in the "Admiral's Lounge" at Rideau Carleton, and they are frequently all in play, since they offer a number of games.

Next week's trip involves a stop at Kawartha Downs, another "Slots and Trots" OLG location...I'll let you know if they have the machines back up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back