Oh Anthony Joshua....!

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
Staff member
I said to myself I wouldn't resubscribe to a pay tv sports channel, but the upcoming schedule on DAZN starting with this Saturday's return of Anthony Joshua, at a price of £99 up front for the next 12 months, was too good to turn down.

I know a lot of people refer to DAZN as 'Deadzone', certainly those in the Fish Eyes camp do, but for boxing, Matchroom still has by far the superior stable in the UK. Plus add Canelo, Bivol, Katie Taylor et al to the mix and they have a solid schedule of fights on over the next year. In my view far than what Sky Sports offer with Ben Shalom's Boxxer.

Talking of which, what has happened to Adam Smith the Head of Boxing for Sky and their lead commentator for many a year? I heard that back in September he was either let go or given time off, due to having a serious gambling problem - but this is just rumour from the boxing forums which I visit and read.

Anyhow, on to Saturday night. If AJ does not turn back the clock and becomes the AJ of old pre first Ruiz fight, then I think he is done. Franklin pushed Whyte all the way, but seriously Joshua should be blasting Franklin out of there.

If he does, then all roads point to the Mallard Duck that is called Greedy Belly.

Last edited:
I would love to see Joshua return to his earlier self, but I think we are past that now due to his self-obsessed mentality.

Think he has lost his way mentally and needs a sports psychologist and a reliable team to stick with.

It's not like he doesn't have the skill, speed or ability to be the best, which only leaves his intelligence in question for his (possibly) unfulfilling career. he never quite reached his full potential that one, and am not sure he will unless he starts listening to others around him and brushes his ego to one side -- from what I can tell without ever meeting the man :)

Yes, very interested if Derrick James is able to reignite AJ's old fire. The Ruiz defeat really affected him and proved that he can and does get hurt. Since then he has not been the same fighter. Boxed perfectly in the Ruiz rematch, but tried to out box arguably the greatest boxer in a generation in Usyk, rather than relying on his size and power and came up short both times as a result.

Still some very good match ups in the Heavyweight division to be made. One fight I really want to see is Joe Joyce versus Deontay Wilder. Just to see if Joyce is able to walk through Wilder's punches, like he does with everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back