Norton Security Suite

Well, having a virus program doesn't guarantee that it will detect the virus. But I guess you have a point :)

Lol - ANY Person that uses the internet MUST have an AnitVirus and / or Firewall with some sort of Malware scanner as well.

I would suggest you get a FREE one like AVG or AVAST quickly. You can compromise your OS installation, lose data and jeopardise ANY personal details you have on your PC.

There are also FREE Online Virus Scanners that you can run without downloading the software. They act as a browser add on.

Nate

Lol - ANY Person that uses the internet MUST have an AnitVirus and / or Firewall with some sort of Malware scanner as well.

I would suggest you get a FREE one like AVG or AVAST quickly. You can compromise your OS installation, lose data and jeopardise ANY personal details you have on your PC.

There are also FREE Online Virus Scanners that you can run without downloading the software. They act as a browser add on.

Nate

Well, I dont keep anything important om my int hard drive, I use ext hard drives for that as I use more than one computer. But I dont think anti virus programs will help you a lot if you get hit. Re-installation of OS is usually the story anyway. Or find the virus yourself and fix the damaged files. I been using computers almost everyday for 23 years now so I know them inside out.

But I guess AV are good for rookies ;)

I have to agree with Nate here when he said you need SOMETHING.

You are right that having an antivirus is not 100% positive that you will not get hit, but by not having one your chances go way up.

And having all your data on an external hd does NOT protect it, since while it is connected, it is still local drive and the os doesn't know or care whether it is inside the pc or connected through a usb or firewire plug. (or even a network share if the logged on user has write access)

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back