North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to the US supreme court

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Sent via @updayUK

I hope they confirm her before the election. Let's see if women are motivated to vote after that.
If Biden wins and gets the majority in the senate for democrats...then just remove the filibuster thingie. Add two states (Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico), add two seats to supreme court and show the middle finger to republicans :p

I hope they confirm her before the election. Let's see if women are motivated to vote after that.
If Biden wins and gets the majority in the senate for democrats...then just remove the filibuster thingie. Add two states (Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico), add two seats to supreme court and show the middle finger to republicans :p

I'm not a fan of the extreme conservativeness of the nominee but just adding seats to the Supreme Court will lead to the R's doing the same next time they're in power, it leads to nothing really. Justices should leave their political colors at the door but then again, even if they do that their beliefs will still shine through on how the "interpret" the Constitution.

One thing the USA needs to get rid off is the electoral college, I don't find it a fair system at all. The R's are clinging on to it for dear life because of the sheer amount of D voters in the big liberal cities on both coasts.

Donald Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to the US supreme court

Sent via @updayUK
One can see how Liberals - or anyone who isn't Bible-Belt right-leaning Conservative - would be upset at this kind of in-house type of appointment.

Ginsburg commanded respect and the adulation from all party spheres because she was generally considered fair, rational and just - as one would expect a Supreme Court judge to be. Not an agenda-driven anti-abortionist, Climate Change denier with an obvious bias

It's possible, and I'm simply raising this as a distant hypothetical possibility, that he's not on the side of working class Americans after all.

This whole circus is keeping the American people very much divided while a lot of people are laughing and benefiting in various ways, behind these puppets. Just like what the never ending circus produced by the selected politicians does here in the UK.
I just don't see how we can have such idiots fighting against each other to run the most powerful or influential countries in the world, and then still dare to call it democracy.

Utter sham.

First debate tonight! These will be the topics:

Apparently the Trump team has asked Fox News, who are the host broadcaster tonight, and moderator Chris Wallace NOT to mention the 200.000 deaths in the USA due to the coronavirus.

Jerome Corsi, right wing commentator/Roger Stone ally/allround conspiracy theorist, claims Biden's team has received the questions in advance.

Joe Biden released his 2019 tax returns today, still nothing from Donald Trump despite promising to release them 4 years ago.

Eric Trump opened up this morning on Fox & Friends about being a member of the LGBT community, not sure if he's serious about it and came out on Fox News or this is just one of their stunts: "The LGBT community, they are incredible. And you should see how they come out in full force for my father every single day. I'm part of that community, and we love the man."

I can already tell you upfront that both Trump and Biden will win tonights debate, depending on which TV channel or website you'll be following along :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back