North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say I'm impressed by Mitt Romney. Finally someone from republicans who actually does what's right. Well done <3

Trying to garner support through populist bashing of public enemy #1, how creative!

Plus the guy's another fossil. Where's the younger viable nominees in American politics?

Buttigieg who won the caucus in Iowa is younger but... friend of mine who's a lifelong Democrat voter said to me yesterday: if Buttigieg is going to be the nominee we'll see just how homophobic the USA still is, they'd basically give Trump his second term while with Sanders there's a small chance of beating him.

Apparently the only way to beat an old white populist man is with an old white populist man.

Got a mail from bettson with the top wins from January.
Some new slots on the list this time around, and only one spot taken by doa2 (most months its 3-5)

1. Dragon’s Luck Power Reels – betalade ut 42 366 x insatsen
2. Dragons Luck – betalade ut 26 392 x insatsen
3. Dead or Alive 2 – betalade ut 18 526 x insatsen
4. Pirate Kingdom Megaways – betalade ut 5 444 x insatsen
5. Aztec Gold Megaways – betalade ut 5 101 x insatsen
6. Lil Devil – betalade ut 4 521 x insatsen
7. Aztec Gold Megaways – betalade ut 4 448 x insatsen
8. Piggy Riches Megaways – betalade ut 4 371 x insatsen
9. Opal Fruits – betalade ut 4 038 x insatsen
10. Razor Shark – betalade ut 3 989 x insatsen

Edit: Top2 is from Red tiger jackpot-drops im assuming.

Actually screw that. Bloomberg could be decent enough candidate against Trump too. An actual billionaire who can troll Trump pretty hard. Interesting to see how things go now!

Michael Bloomberg: Poor people paying more in taxes is a "good thing" because it is "one of the ways you influence people to do what's in their own interest." 8/19/2018

The man is a lead balloon.

Michael Bloomberg: Poor people paying more in taxes is a "good thing" because it is "one of the ways you influence people to do what's in their own interest." 8/19/2018

The man is a lead balloon.

what the heck does that even mean...

the quote, not the lead balloon part....he should sit down. Or go away.

what the heck does that even mean...

the quote, not the lead balloon part....he should sit down. Or go away.

heh heh heh

If taxed enough, poor people won't have the money to make poor choices. Like drinking soda, getting fat, and dying of heart disease.These privileges should be reserved for the rich.

(I paraphrased. Forgive me. link attached.)
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

heh heh heh

If taxed enough, poor people won't have the money to make poor choices. Like drinking soda, getting fat, and dying of heart disease.These privileges should be reserved for the rich.

(I paraphrased. Forgive me. link attached.)

I want to go back to being a republican.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Personally think that Bloomberg was right. Its not like "poor" people are forced to smoke or drink liquid sugar, consumption of those products are highest among those with low socioeconomic status. So it would be a voluntary tax anyway. Generally Pigouvian taxes are a good tool to reduce consumption on products with high negative externalities.

What about 'heating your home, cooking food or driving that car is bad for the planet', so we will now need to apply some extra tax to correct your behaviour [all in the name of saving the planet though from carbon emissions]

you're not forced to drive that car...get on an electric bus, you can put some jumpers on in the evening and eat cold salad :confused:

Well, good news....

Mr T will stop being a president very soon to start a production company after "American Factory" won an Oscar. :D ....If he can't get Nobel, it must be Oscar! :rolleyes:

FYI, the Netflix documentary was produced by "Higher Ground Productions" which is owned by Michelle and Barack Obama.

Personally think that Bloomberg was right. Its not like "poor" people are forced to smoke or drink liquid sugar, consumption of those products are highest among those with low socioeconomic status. So it would be a voluntary tax anyway. Generally Pigouvian taxes are a good tool to reduce consumption on products with high negative externalities.

Yeah? Twenty bucks says my drug dealer could debunk this in a single afternoon.

What about 'heating your home, cooking food or driving that car is bad for the planet', so we will now need to apply some extra tax to correct your behaviour [all in the name of saving the planet though from carbon emissions]

you're not forced to drive that car...get on an electric bus, you can put some jumpers on in the evening and eat cold salad :confused:

You couldn't come up with any worse analogies? And FWIW energy is taxed and it also has high positive externalities while smoking and drinking high amounts of soft drinks has basically none but instead massive negative ones to oversimplify it. Basic/intermediate microeconomics.

Yeah? Twenty bucks says my drug dealer could debunk this in a single afternoon.

No he couldn't.

And while its basically a Trump thread he of course sucks. Losing trade wars, claiming the economy has been booming when it just have continued the years long trend (actually slowing down) while the same time massively increasing the deficit with basically no benefits. Trickle-down has never and will never work.

Yes, he could.
Sin taxes already exist. (booze, smokes, etc...)
Do you know how much soda pop, cigarettes, illicit drugs, and Trump T-shirts cost?
Smokes cost $8, soda is $7 a case, there is no such thing as a dime bag, and it takes $40 per T-shirt to look this good. Sin tax/financial hardship deters nothing & I doubt we could find a single person that credits taxes with elevating them.

You couldn't come up with any worse analogies? And FWIW energy is taxed and it also has high positive externalities while smoking and drinking high amounts of soft drinks has basically none but instead massive negative ones to oversimplify it. Basic/intermediate microeconomics.

No he couldn't.

And while its basically a Trump thread he of course sucks. Losing trade wars, claiming the economy has been booming when it just have continued the years long trend (actually slowing down) while the same time massively increasing the deficit with basically no benefits. Trickle-down has never and will never work.

Your argument was bloomberg is right, negative behaviour can be influenced/corrected by regressive tax. But you're saying he would only apply this in the sphere of damaging yourself not damaging the planet through pollution/carbon emissions. I am talking fossil fuels, you have generalised it into energy.

And on your logic you'd be in favour of all sorts of nannying interference by the state, a tax to discourage gambling? [it has negative externalities to borrow your phrase] if not why not using bloomberg's and your logic, you have to be consistent surely?

I'm not personally that concerned about a 10-15% tax on sugary soda but I don't think it's going to put an end to obesity, so in effect its pointless other than a revenue earner on people's dietary habits.

We would need to also tax jam doughnuts, coffee, choclate, biscuits, crisps, cakes etc. stop the poor fat people eating these foods and improve their health [orwell covered this by the way in wigan pier] and the tax would need to be higher to correct behaviour otherwise you're just skimming money out of people's pockets and not affecting behaviour, as is your stated desire to 'reduce consumption on products with high negative externalities '

And why wouldn't politicians like bloomberg adopt this 'pigovian tax' approach to fossil fuel based energy on the basis of negative externalities to the planet [if you go along with the science of climate change and carbon emissions etc] that was my point, so politely I disagree that it is a worthless analogy.

I probably agree that the trickle down approach to tax doesn't work and is highly optimistic, for me though the issue is the focus, bloomberg is keen on things like soda tax, but I await to see evidence of his policies for raising the standards of living for average people. If you think of it as the flow of money, it's got to flow back more in the direction of the public not the billionaires and corporations; education in school, cookery lessons etc would have more impact on obesity than soda taxes.

Last edited:
Easy to demonize the poor because it's basically easiest to do. They eat crap foods and indulge in 'basic' vices because of circumstance and lack of education, yes even in this enlightened age we live in.

Swap any of these people at birth and let them grow up in filthy opulence and suddenly they'd have more options and knowledge to make informed decisions!

As alluded to, it's ALL about education, of which the 'upper' classes do not want others partaking. Especially riff-raff from destitute environs.

So yes, let them bear the brunt for society's ills and tax the crap out of them. Remember, it's good for them. And it'll be their 'choice' :rolleyes:

You couldnt have come up with a more judgemental and one dimensional summary of the poor and addiction.

Edit: Wont adjust my post as some may have already seen.

I wanted to say that upon refelction your post was simply expressing a view and i should not have made an assumption on you personally being judgemental of the poor and addiction.

No harm meant. Soz.

2nd Edit: Actually, you think Bloomberg was right so maybe it is your view.

In any case Bloomberg are wrong and out of touch. (knew i should have stayed out of this thread, as you were).

Last edited:
Easy to demonize the poor because it's basically easiest to do. They eat crap foods and indulge in 'basic' vices because of circumstance and lack of education, yes even in this enlightened age we live in.

Swap any of these people at birth and let them grow up in filthy opulence and suddenly they'd have more options and knowledge to make informed decisions!

As alluded to, it's ALL about education, of which the 'upper' classes do not want others partaking. Especially riff-raff from destitute environs.

So yes, let them bear the brunt for society's ills and tax the crap out of them. Remember, it's good for them. And it'll be their 'choice' :rolleyes:
This is everything I wanted to say, absent the curse verbiage.

Bloomberg is quickly becoming the king of pandering. This cringe worthy effort ALMOST overtakes HRC's "I keep hot sauce in muh purse."

This is everything I wanted to say, absent the curse verbiage.

Bloomberg is quickly becoming the king of pandering. This cringe worthy effort ALMOST overtakes HRC's "I keep hot sauce in muh purse."

'Crap' ain't so bad :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back