North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand where your limits goes. You know he's a criminal and he lies all the time. He also over promises (mexico will pay for the wall, replacing obama care with something beautiful, north korea won't be a nuclear threat, draining the swamp etc.). But if you only care about his anti-immigration policy then yeah he might be your guy.

Here we have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, so I don't know if he's a criminal until he's charged with something. Same right afforded to everyone in America.

You're not from here so you may have trouble sorting through the rats nest of rhetoric. Having Mexico pay for the wall for example, I never met anyone here that actually thought Mexico would pay and we just pawned it off as more hot air to gin up the base at rallies.

Open borders is a fast track to making America a third world country.

It taught me all I needed to know about Theresa May, she's been a useless politician who lies time and time again...oh sorry we were discussing old Don :D

If G.Bush jnr secured two terms I don't see why this would be beyond Trump, Bernie will be running again so that's enough to scare folk to go out and vote republican.

I wonder if Trump will be the automatic republican candidate as sitting president, if so that's one less contest he has to win, he can just sit through the democrat nomination process, taking potshots at whoever's in the lead

yes Trump is the Republican nominee but another Republican can challenge him.

Rove gives the history.

Here we have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, so I don't know if he's a criminal until he's charged with something. Same right afforded to everyone in America.

You're not from here so you may have trouble sorting through the rats nest of rhetoric. Having Mexico pay for the wall for example, I never met anyone here that actually thought Mexico would pay and we just pawned it off as more hot air to gin up the base at rallies.

Open borders is a fast track to making America a third world country.

That's pretty rich coming from "lock her up"-people.
Trump even tried to explain that Mexico is paying for the wall in Nafta 2.0. What else you didn't take seriously coming from Trump? His promises for great healthcare? Or did you take anything seriously coming from him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump even tried to explain that Mexico is paying for the wall in Nafta 2.0. What else you didn't take seriously coming from Trump? His promises for great healthcare? Or did you take anything seriously coming from him?

I think they would've accepted a trial.

Because of the majority system in the US, Trump will always have the excuse of saying 'my proposals were blocked by democrats, we could have had a tremendous new healthcare system' and so on.. the wall is slightly different, being a physical structure that his base expect to be able to see, so I expect come the 2020 election he will want at least 20% of it built, not sure of the current progress though.

Due to the liberal media's intense dislike of Trump and [most of]his policy ideas, they are still stuck on page 1 as it were, for all I know he could be betraying his base and going back on his promises, but the media are unable to 'professionally' examine it and hold him to account, they just want to rant and vent. That's how it comes across, if I'm a republican conservative sat at home, and I voted for Trump because I liked his policy ideas, once elected I need the newspapers and tv to query the progress or lack of in a neutral way so that he's held to account.

The media these days seem to be more interested in using their position and influence to promote a liberal agenda to the public, many find it divisive and that's possibly why the viewing figures are dropping along with trust of the mainstream media.

I think they would've accepted a trial.

Because of the majority system in the US, Trump will always have the excuse of saying 'my proposals were blocked by democrats, we could have had a tremendous new healthcare system' and so on.. the wall is slightly different, being a physical structure that his base expect to be able to see, so I expect come the 2020 election he will want at least 20% of it built, not sure of the current progress though.

Due to the liberal media's intense dislike of Trump and [most of]his policy ideas, they are still stuck on page 1 as it were, for all I know he could be betraying his base and going back on his promises, but the media are unable to 'professionally' examine it and hold him to account, they just want to rant and vent. That's how it comes across, if I'm a republican conservative sat at home, and I voted for Trump because I liked his policy ideas, once elected I need the newspapers and tv to query the progress or lack of in a neutral way so that he's held to account.

The media these days seem to be more interested in using their position and influence to promote a liberal agenda to the public, many find it divisive and that's possibly why the viewing figures are dropping along with trust of the mainstream media.

So in essence, nothing wrong with the countless flaws of the braggard real estate liar. And all the media's fault?

Sorry, but in what world are you living?

So in essence, nothing wrong with the countless flaws of the braggard real estate liar. And all the media's fault?

Sorry, but in what world are you living?

The conservative republicans voted for Trump depite his personal flaws [ significant personal flaws are found in many billionaires ] they voted mainly for his policies, some were informal like 'drain the swamp'...the public need the political parts of press and tv to hold him to account on whether he has carried out his policies. But the media can't get past their own bias to carry out that core professional duty, jim acosta was a classic example, he let his own political viewpoints/agenda affect how he did his job. He was trying to argue and tell Trump what policies should be followed, that's not his job.

If you take the judge cavanaugh, michael cohen, and russiagate situations, none of it is about his policies, it's just soap opera but the media will spend hours and days focusing on it when they're are more important issues, like fracking which you mentioned before, the tax cuts for the rich etc.. are these things in line with his campaign promises? We need a dry sober analysis of politicians and their actions but instead all we get is histrionics and that is the liberal media's fault

The conservative republicans voted for Trump depite his personal flaws [ significant personal flaws are found in many billionaires ] they voted mainly for his policies, some were informal like 'drain the swamp'...the public need the political parts of press and tv to hold him to account on whether he has carried out his policies. But the media can't get past their own bias to carry out that core professional duty, jim acosta was a classic example, he let his own political viewpoints/agenda affect how he did his job. He was trying to argue and tell Trump what policies should be followed, that's not his job.

If you take the judge cavanaugh, michael cohen, and russiagate situations, none of it is about his policies, it's just soap opera but the media will spend hours and days focusing on it when they're are more important issues, like fracking which you mentioned before, the tax cuts for the rich etc.. are these things in line with his campaign promises? We need a dry sober analysis of politicians and their actions but instead all we get is histrionics and that is the liberal media's fault

You are kidding are you? I don't know how much you follow news programs but to me it seems you do not watch much.

Together with all the show stuff, which is instigated on purpose by the "liar-in-chief", the policies get talked through to the smallest detail, e.g. the tax cut, health care etc were front and centre for weeks.

Mr. T never had any intentions whatsover to keep his promises. e.g. the wall serves only as a argument for his re-election, not because he wants to make the US safer. They are safe as it is and the level of immigrants is still much, much lower than at the turn of the century. I would venture to say that his actions actually are one of the major reasons why you have such a large increase. Could explain you why but it would need another page for that.

- tax cuts for the middle class
- at the 2017/2018 New Year's Eve speech he said to his friends: "You all just got a whole lot richer" ...which included him of course as not just himself but also his kids will save billions in taxes. The first tax filing period after the tax cuts has come and is pretty much gone, but I do not see the "middle class" or "low income" people partying in the street shouting how much more they have in their pockets.
- health care - he showed no interest whatsoever to get something done that was even slightly better than the ACA. He had no plan, even after getting elected.
- middle-east peace - no plan whatsoever. After 2 years sunny boy still says it will be presented "soon", whatever that means. :rolleyes:
- North Korea - no plan whatsoever. According to reports, they went virtually with no proper preparations to Hanoi
- UK trade deal - he will screw you big time, just wait until you can buy GM foods and chlorine chicken in the UK. You will love it. :rolleyes:
- Trade Deals - where are they? NAFTA2 is about 1% better than what the Obama administration had already negotiated before Mr. T came to office; South-Korea - useless deal, US automakers can now export more cars with lower safety standards but no one got even close to the numbers that were already allowed; China - no major concessions in over 2 years. Mr. T bragging about extra taxes coming into the US coffers because of the tariffs which actually are paid by the US consumer; Europe - no deal, average tariff on all goods & services is about 1.8% in each direction, he wants 25% on cars where e.g. German automakers are actually one of the largest exporters of cars from the US. Talk of cutting the branch you are sitting on! :rolleyes:
- Trade deficit with China - at a record high even with his beloved tariffs.
- Budget deficit is spiralling and that with a, according to the "liar-in-chief" booming, in real terms though modestly growing economy.
- GDP growth - he promised 3%, 4%, even 5% GDP growth, last year it grew by 2.9% and that included a $1.5 trillion tax cut boost and massive increases in government spending. The next years there won't be any money in the coffers to give it another boost and it will be even worse when the next recession is coming as they will have less to counteract.

upload_2019-3-26_9-3-9.png

Does this look like a booming economy or just a modest growth?

upload_2019-3-26_9-59-49.png

- job creation - on average less than Obama or maybe the same, but certainly no boom in jobs. Question is also how many of those "new" jobs actually pay a wage that allows people a decent life or do they need 2 or 3 of those jobs to feed a family?

Simply no coherent plans whatsoever. Instead he is creating a new type of swamp, and it is a worse one that already existed.

IMO, much of his policies are based on his fantasies of using power and the wrecking ball to achieve things, which might shock people at the beginning but in the end will not lead to major changes/accomplishments. Mr. T thinks because that worked in real estate, it must work as well in politics. To the contrary, he is creating a hostile environment where even the closest partners/friends will start working against him. However, he is making new friends with dictators or dictator-wannabees (SA, Egypt, Turkey) and countries that have moved to the extreme right (Poland, Hungary etc). How nice is that! :rolleyes:

If you find liberal media so awful, what to you think of the conservative media? ...... e.g. here a video about Faux and Obama

Last edited:

That's my point let's have free national healthcare and an open border to Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador. What do you think is going to happen? What a great idea.

There are actually two bills to get Mexico to pay for the wall. I believe one is tax the $26 billion a year remittance leaving the US @ 7% for 10 years, and use El Chapos money. (The El Chapo Act)

I believe McCain voted no to repeal Obamacare aka.. thumbs down.

Good or Bad there there was a healthcare proposal called AHCA (ie.. Trumpcare, Ryancare)

I coined a new term, "Toxic Indoctrination"

That's my point let's have free national healthcare and an open border to Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador. What do you think is going to happen? What a great idea.

There are actually two bills to get Mexico to pay for the wall. I believe one is tax the $26 billion a year remittance leaving the US @ 7% for 10 years, and use El Chapos money. (The El Chapo Act)

I believe McCain voted no to repeal Obamacare aka.. thumbs down.

Good or Bad there there was a healthcare proposal called AHCA (ie.. Trumpcare, Ryancare)

How much more are you trying to push paranoia politics?

- Free Healthcare does not exist. We, who have universal healthcare, pay monthly contributions from our salaries. So it is no free as such but it takes care of everyone. The commnunity is carrying the burden together, because you might be healthy and fine when you are young but that might change when you get older.
- Nobody has asked for open borders. Why do you keep pushing that skewed view?

- And the two bills have ZERO chance of passing. Would have been fair if you would have stated that fact too.

- The AHCA would have left millions of people without health insurance. It wasn't good or bad, it was atrocious to sell it as an improvement as Mr. T did.

right, just did a little test via google, 'trump tax cuts' gave 1,640,000 results in the video category whereas 'trump cohen' gave me 26,200,000 results. I think this is reflective of the liberal media's focus. I watch a variety of news channels/programmes in the uk along with clips off youtube for the american TV

The opposition to Trump seems to concentrate around the issue of immigration, other issues get a few minutes here and there [ but with not the same intensity ]

I think there were 10 areas in bold you raised, do you really feel they've had the same level of analysis as :immigration, syria, russia, N.korea during Trumps time as president?

I agree re the video, something about Hannity I don't like, obnoxious and tabloid, I actually think fox is part of the liberal media spectrum, they are not tea party conservatives IMO, kind of RINO. And it's interesting Trump seems to have fallen out with them a bit recently. Sky over here in the Uk is probably the closest we have to FOX, both heavily influenced by murdochs political views/outlook, and they are slyly pushing a 'remain' agenda and rounding on brexiteers at any opportunity.

Edit: tucker carlson is probably the closest to a traditional republican, miles better than hanitty.
Laura Ingraham is quite reasonable too.

Last edited:
How much more are you trying to push paranoia politics?

- Free Healthcare does not exist. We, who have universal healthcare, pay monthly contributions from our salaries. So it is no free as such but it takes care of everyone. The commnunity is carrying the burden together, because you might be healthy and fine when you are young but that might change when you get older.
- Nobody has asked for open borders. Why do you keep pushing that skewed view?

- And the two bills have ZERO chance of passing. Would have been fair if you would have stated that fact too.

- The AHCA would have left millions of people without health insurance. It wasn't good or bad, it was atrocious to sell it as an improvement as Mr. T did.

Yet everything the left says and does is to weaken border security. Sanctuary cities, less ice detention beds, no wall funding. The media darling Beto O'Rourke saying he'd tear down existing walls. They're already letting people out due to overcrowding.

I never said the wall bills would pass or fail or even come up for a vote. I just said they existed. For all we know Trump wins in 2020 and the GOP wins a super majority in the Senate and majority in the house passes one of them.

We have free healthcare in my state, its called Mass Health, Medical in California.

Bernie's "medicare for all" is scored at $32 trillion over 10 years. Its DOA. What's the tax revenue, about $3.5 trillion year and the country spends what about $4.2 trillion per year and borrows the difference.

We have free healthcare in my state, its called Mass Health, Medical in California.

So could your system be rolled out across other states, maybe boosted a bit. How does the canada health system compare to the US one, I realise the population size is very different, nearly 10 times larger, but maybe the USA could copy Canada?

edit: Beto comes across a bit like justin trudeau :rolleyes:

So could your system be rolled out across other states, maybe boosted a bit. How does the canada health system compare to the US one, I realise the population size is very different, nearly 10 times larger, but maybe the USA could copy Canada?

edit: Beto comes across a bit like justin trudeau :rolleyes:

All the states have it as far as I know. Its called medicaid but each state calls it what they want.
It's for the lower or no income people, its means tested. I got it once years ago when I was unemployed and broke.

Every working person pays medicare/medicaid and FICA (Social Security) taxes. It's 15.3% and breaks down as follows. Self-Employed people like me, pay both the employer and employee portions.

• the employee's portion of the Social Security tax, which is 6.2% of the first $128,400 of net income
  • the employer's portion of the Social Security tax, which is 6.2% of the first $128,400 of net income
  • the employee's portion of the Medicare tax, which is 1.45% of all net income (no cap or limit on net income)
  • the employer's portion of the Medicare tax, which is 1.45% of all net income (no cap or limit on net income)

Imagine if the Starr Report had been provided only to President Clinton's Attorney General, Janet Reno, who then read it privately and published a 4-page letter based on her private reading stating her conclusion that President Clinton committed no crimes.

The Mueller report turned out good didn't it :D Normal service resumed

tenor.gif

All the Dems have to do is run on Heathcare and Immigration Security/Reform (reform without amnesty for 20+ million illegals, that's a deal killer, except the DACA kids) and forget about the rest and they'll win hands down. It's a no brainer imo.

Imagine if the Starr Report had been provided only to President Clinton's Attorney General, Janet Reno, who then read it privately and published a 4-page letter based on her private reading stating her conclusion that President Clinton committed no crimes.

That's true, maybe in time it will have to be published possibly with bits redacted, Mueller will get interviewed on the subject at some point I would've thought. I think this steele 'dossier' may be looked at again, from my brief knowledge of US politics, lindsey graham and john mccain were pretty close buddies, and appparently mccain gave the dossier to the FBI which they then used as the rationale for investigating Trump and people around him, so I'm not sure lindsey graham is the trump buddy he makes out to be.

The 'golden showers' part of the story was ridiculous but they needed something attention grabbing to make headlines, and some will still believe that happened...

All the Dems have to do is run on Heathcare and Immigration Security/Reform (reform without amnesty for 20+ million illegals, that's a deal killer, except the DACA kids) and forget about the rest and they'll win hands down. It's a no brainer imo.

years and years of immigration, slowly building up the numbers, seems to have affected the democrats [just like labour here] where the concerns of the immigrants become the major focus of party policy, thus alienating the white 'blue collar' americans who were previously the focus, it's almost as if number wise they don't need their vote or consider it a 'given' that people brought up in democrat households will always vote democrat and could never bring themselves to vote republican.

And then the republicans/conservatives change their values to also try and attract 'minority' votes including lgbt, that's the 'republican in name only - rino' faction I guess, we have it here big time in the conservative party, where for years they've been selecting people to stand as prospective mp's who don't really hold conservative views, they're basically 'blairites' :mad: after all the carnage he caused, we've got a parliament chock full of people who admire and love Tony Blair, he still gets to go on major tv channels and make pronouncements about issues like brexit, syria etc...

years and years of immigration, slowly building up the numbers, seems to have affected the democrats [just like labour here] where the concerns of the immigrants become the major focus of party policy, thus alienating the white 'blue collar' americans who were previously the focus, it's almost as if number wise they don't need their vote or consider it a 'given' that people brought up in democrat households will always vote democrat and could never bring themselves to vote republican.

And then the republicans/conservatives change their values to also try and attract 'minority' votes including lgbt, that's the 'republican in name only - rino' faction I guess, we have it here big time in the conservative party, where for years they've been selecting people to stand as prospective mp's who don't really hold conservative views, they're basically 'blairites' :mad: after all the carnage he caused, we've got a parliament chock full of people who admire and love Tony Blair, he still gets to go on major tv channels and make pronouncements about issues like brexit, syria etc...

Well the chart bears it out.

_92349606_us_elections_2016_exit_polls_race_624.png

Well the chart bears it out.

_92349606_us_elections_2016_exit_polls_race_624.png

Labour probably get more of the white vote than 37%, especially up north. There is a big 'class' aspect to the way people vote in the UK too.

I wonder how many 'old school' democrats like yourself moved over to republican, was watching a program about seattle the other day and some of the people were furious with the mayor and local politicians for not solving the problems they're having with homeless drug addicts and rising crime, I got the sense the politicians were democrats but I could be wrong [won't be the first time :oops:]

Labour probably get more of the white vote than 37%, especially up north. There is a big 'class' aspect to the way people vote in the UK too.

I wonder how many 'old school' democrats like yourself moved over to republican, was watching a program about seattle the other day and some of the people were furious with the mayor and local politicians for not solving the problems they're having with homeless drug addicts and rising crime, I got the sense the politicians were democrats but I could be wrong [won't be the first time :oops:]

They had the new Trump campaign manager on and he was saying 30% at Trump rallies are dems.

Seattle is like ground zero or close to it for liberalism. They passed a "head tax" to combat the homelessness problem but it was repealed by the same council a month later. Just a thought but I had an idea the other day to combat all the nasty plastic in the oceans, use it to build homeless shelters/structures.

They had the new Trump campaign manager on and he was saying 30% at Trump rallies are dems.

Seattle is like ground zero or close to it for liberalism. They passed a "head tax" to combat the homelessness problem but it was repealed by the same council a month later. Just a thought but I had an idea the other day to combat all the nasty plastic in the oceans, use it to build homeless shelters/structures.

There is no doubt Trump is widely hated outside the USA and he is a bully but with due respect to the Americans many still love him as he forces other countries to do what he wants. As a Hong Kong resident, I must say we are affected by the trade war brewing between China and the USA. It is not all one-way traffic as some people are secretly happy that TRUMP is getting on Xi's nerves as the latter seems to fear no one except Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back