North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but obama is held up as a shining beacon of hope, a great man of peace, when the facts prove otherwise.

"America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. What a bloody end to Obama's reign"

...in 2016 alone, the Obama administration dropped at least 26,171 bombs. This means that every day last year, the US military blasted combatants or civilians overseas with 72 bombs; that’s three bombs every hour, 24 hours a day.

While most of these air attacks were in Syria and Iraq, US bombs also rained down on people in Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan. That’s seven majority-Muslim countries.

One bombing technique that President Obama championed is drone strikes. As drone-warrior-in-chief, he spread the use of drones outside the declared battlefields of Afghanistan and Iraq, mainly to Pakistan and Yemen. Obama authorized over 10 times more drone strikes than George W Bush, and automatically painted all males of military age in these regions as
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
, making them fair game for remote controlled killing.

....We have no idea how many civilians have been killed in the massive bombings in Iraq and Syria, where the US military is often pursuing Isis in the middle of urban neighborhoods. We only sporadically hear about civilian killings in Afghanistan, such as the tragic bombing of the Doctors Without Borders hospital in Kunduz that left 42 dead and 37 wounded.

Pushed to release information about civilian deaths in drone strikes, in July 2016 the US government made the absurd claim it had killed, at most, 116 civilians in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia and Libya between 2009 and 2015. Journalists and human rights advocates said the numbers were ridiculously low and unverifiable, given that no names, dates, locations or others details were released. The London-based Bureau of Investigative Journalism, which has tracked drone strikes for years,
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
was six times higher.

Given that drones account for only a small portion of the munitions dropped in the past eight years, the numbers of civilians killed by Obama’s bombs could be in the thousands. But we can’t know for sure as the administration, and the mainstream media, has been virtually silent about the civilian toll of the administration’s failed interventions.

You do know that 2016 was one of the main years they were executing the plan to defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq?

The Pentagon publishes every year the information abut civilian/military/own losses. How accurate they are, I don't know but the numbers are publicly available.

You do know that 2016 was one of the main years they were executing the plan to defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq?

The Pentagon publishes every year the information abut civilian/military/own losses. How accurate they are, I don't know but the numbers are publicly available.

yes, and you have to factor in the airstrikes on libya for obama too; 2017 the year you quoted as the bloodiest for civilian deaths due to US bombing in syria and iraq was also a main year for destroying ISIS as it had become apparent and slightly embarrassing that Russian airstrikes were doing more damage to ISIS than the USA's.

It is interesting to note that despite all the massive available US airpower in the region, ISIS had been able to take over large swathes of land in syria [and were a major threat to syrian govt forces] but as soon as russia got involved the tables began to turn.

My overall point stands Obama was not the peace loving hero politician some make him out to be, would the nobel peace prize committee have awarded him the prize at the end of his 2nd term on the back of his record over the 8 years ?

Last edited:
In all honesty, Dubya was the real villain of the piece, i.e war criminal. Yet despite the constant lampooning I feel he actually got away with his deeds relatively scot-free. Not even the same stratosphere of criticism Trump's been getting

so in your opinion his record in office would have secured a nobel peace prize in 2016? [if they hadn't prematurely awarded it in 2009]

Considering he secured the Iran deal, probably yes.

Personally, I would not have awarded him the prize, nor would I give it to any other US president since WWII. None of them had or has a white shirt when it comes to useless wars/unlawful interference in other countries, etc.

Considering he secured the Iran deal, probably yes.

Personally, I would not have awarded him the prize, nor would I give it to any other US president since WWII. None of them had or has a white shirt when it comes to useless wars/unlawful interference in other countries, etc.

yeah I forgot about the iran deal [now torn up by trump, which I do take issue with, as for all those countries to agree it and the scientists to work it out, it must have had something going for it]

I still feel he might not have received it, it could have gone to john kerry as he did a lot of the foot work...

totally, and glad to though, agree with your second point :)

yeah I forgot about the iran deal [now torn up by trump, which I do take issue with, as for all those countries to agree it and the scientists to work it out, it must have had something going for it]

I still feel he might not have received it, it could have gone to john kerry as he did a lot of the foot work...

totally, and glad to though, agree with your second point :)

I would have given it to John KErry and his Iranian counterpart Mohammad Javad Zarif, as they did the absolute majority of work on the deal.

I see Mr. T is trying to score yet again brownie points by using a tragedy :(

Grounding 737 MAX aircraft, saying he cares about the people. Yeah, sure, after the entire world had grounded them and the US had done nothing for days. The soon Canada grounded the planes, the US was left alone and he then saw an opportunity to shine and jumped onto it. Presidents usually do not ground aircraft, that is the FAA. :rolleyes:

This kind of thing is just despicable IMO, I mean using a tragedy to score political points.

"I didn't want to take any chances" ....well, he did take chances for days as the planes where flying as normal in the US.

upload_2019-3-14_8-17-42.png

Last edited:
was wondering when this thread would pick up again :)

couldn't help but laugh last night, when catching some of 'the trump show with trevor noah' on tv ..or is it called the daily show, hard to tell.
maybe this thread could be renamed 'the daily thread with Harry BKK' as well ;p ;p

something about trumpster calling the owner of Apple, Tim Cook, as Tim Apple, then tweeting later saying it was only to save time and words.
yes he should just have said he goofed up lol.
such a legend, ya gotta love him really!

At least I'm feeling hopeful when seeing what kind of candidates democrats have. And Pelosi <3
Can't wait for the next presidential elections.

was wondering when this thread would pick up again :)

couldn't help but laugh last night, when catching some of 'the trump show with trevor noah' on tv ..or is it called the daily show, hard to tell.
maybe this thread could be renamed 'the daily thread with Harry BKK' as well ;p ;p

something about trumpster calling the owner of Apple, Tim Cook, as Tim Apple, then tweeting later saying it was only to save time and words.
yes he should just have said he goofed up lol.
such a legend, ya gotta love him really!

I was watching it live and caught the gaff right off. Cracked me up.

I hope you trumpsters are proud of Trump. Really classy attacking a dead man. But can't expect much from an idiot like him.

Agree with you on this one Carl, he needs to let sleeping dogs lie, my guess is The Donald's moral compass or lack thereof is baked in at this point.

I'll give him credit for one thing though, he's been the same beast from day 1, unlike the democratic hopefuls that are nothing more than a bunch of over promising panderers, parrots, chameleons and sheep.

The Robert Mueller's investigation report is completed [at last] and Trump has apparently been cleared of collusion with Russia....
I think overall this conclusion is sensible, he won the election despite 90% of the mainstream media constantly attacking him and backing Hillary.

As I've mentioned before I'm not a 100% trump enthusiast, he will do and say things I don't agree with, and it could be he now becomes more bellicose in the middle east but I hope he tries to stick with his campaign promises, in the meantime the democrats need to find a common sense candidate who can appeal to traditional america, however I'm not seeing much sign of this...

Agree with you on this one Carl, he needs to let sleeping dogs lie, my guess is The Donald's moral compass or lack thereof is baked in at this point.

I'll give him credit for one thing though, he's been the same beast from day 1, unlike the democratic hopefuls that are nothing more than a bunch of over promising panderers, parrots, chameleons and sheep.

I don't understand where your limits goes. You know he's a criminal and he lies all the time. He also over promises (mexico will pay for the wall, replacing obama care with something beautiful, north korea won't be a nuclear threat, draining the swamp etc.). But if you only care about his anti-immigration policy then yeah he might be your guy.

The Robert Mueller's investigation report is completed [at last] and Trump has apparently been cleared of collusion with Russia....
I think overall this conclusion is sensible, he won the election despite 90% of the mainstream media constantly attacking him and backing Hillary.

As I've mentioned before I'm not a 100% trump enthusiast, he will do and say things I don't agree with, and it could be he now becomes more bellicose in the middle east but I hope he tries to stick with his campaign promises, in the meantime the democrats need to find a common sense candidate who can appeal to traditional america, however I'm not seeing much sign of this...

I guess 2018 didn't teach you much. Trump's only hope is that the economy stays really strong. I don't know what else is there for Trump. I mean what will he campaign for? Build the wall again...or just attacking everyone...playing the victim etc. Sure his base isn't going anywhere. One of the most fanatical bases ever...but I don't think it'll be enough in 2020. And the senate will probably go for the democrats too...at least there's a good chance for it.

I guess 2018 didn't teach you much.

It taught me all I needed to know about Theresa May, she's been a useless politician who lies time and time again...oh sorry we were discussing old Don :D

If G.Bush jnr secured two terms I don't see why this would be beyond Trump, Bernie will be running again so that's enough to scare folk to go out and vote republican.

I wonder if Trump will be the automatic republican candidate as sitting president, if so that's one less contest he has to win, he can just sit through the democrat nomination process, taking potshots at whoever's in the lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back