North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
these divisive, toxic threads are doing a fucking wonderful job of ruining my CM experience.
I would be remiss to not state...granted,there's 2 threads are far too prevalent, surely though , you could simply, not click and not read them :thumbsup:

Agreed. But I read them hoping to find something interesting, only to instead find myself reading "Round 198" of the inevitable bickering match. :(

I think I will just have to draw a line in the sand and ask Bryan to remove my ability to access the thread. It looks like the only solution for me.

You can always report me if you think I'm crossing the line. If you keep bringing your bs opinions to threads then I'll be there saying something about it. Let's see which one will stop first.
And here we have the issue. Not just the issue on this forum, but the issue in general.

The 'left' seem to think they have divine right for their opinion to be correct, sod everyone else, they're wrong. It's a preachy 'holier than thou' attitude which seems to exude an air of partisan arrogance, entwined in a thin veil of 'democracy'. The bastions of fairness and equality...

This is why countries are socio-politically fractured.

Me? I sit in the middle. I see the rights and wrongs of both perspectives...but I tell you something, trying to stifle views and beliefs of others is a dangerous path to go down for the good of society in general.

Just had a browse through some of the older threads in the political rants section, got a feeling there was a more diverse range of topics popping up a few years ago.

I don't think you can remove all divisive topics, anything in the news or pages of the msm press is liable to stimulate discussions, and with Trump stories not dominating the news wires from now on, things could settle down a touch?

Saying all that and thinking allowed, perhaps it should be closed, it's become a bit of a catch-all of US politics and rolling stories, and we know that situation is not likely to become harmonious anytime soon. Then if somebody wants to discuss something stateside, they have to create a new, specific thread for that topic, like they would have done pre-trump and the mega threads on him?

Edit: I could live with it either way, as renamed by Dio now, or retired and replaced more by individual topics. It is a bit of a familiar place for me, you'll often find me in here! :laugh: But all good things have to come to an end I guess.

Last edited:
And here we have the issue. Not just the issue on this forum, but the issue in general.

The 'left' seem to think they have divine right for their opinion to be correct, sod everyone else, they're wrong. It's a preachy 'holier than thou' attitude which seems to exude an air of partisan arrogance, entwined in a thin veil of 'democracy'. The bastions of fairness and equality...

This is why countries are socio-politically fractured.

Me? I sit in the middle. I see the rights and wrongs of both perspectives...but I tell you something, trying to stifle views and beliefs of others is a dangerous path to go down for the good of society in general.
a far left perspective perhaps. not left in general :)
I've seen enough far right, Christian, conservative views feel 'holier-than-thou'....crusades arent that far from historical memory, and exist in seversl states (not your body, not your choice ideals)

a far left perspective perhaps. not left in general :)
I've seen enough far right, Christian, conservative views feel 'holier-than-thou'....crusades arent that far from historical memory, and exist in seversl states (not your body, not your choice ideals)
Yes, I was generalising slightly. I think aspersions can be cast on the extremes on both sides...however the far right does tend to bear the brunt.

To put it into perspective,
I'm left. Fairly left.
But I feel my belieifs are right for me (and granted, choose to associate, mostly, wth those, share my ideals)

But in simple terms >
I'm vegetarian. I'd rather others were.
BUT
I wont choose YOUR right to eat meat :)

To put it into perspective,
I'm left. Fairly left.
But I feel my belieifs are right for me (and granted, choose to associalte, mostly, wth those, share my ideals)

But in simple terms >
I'm vegetarian. I'd rather others were.
BUT
I wont choose YOUR right to eat meat :)
The thing is, it's not just a clash of left and right at the moment, it can be further broken down to globalists/liberals and nationalists. The political landscape at the moment is a mess.

To be honest, these threads (sausage, North Korea, Brexit, wtf) make me come back everyday. The discussions between Harrybkk and mack for example were epic and always a good read. Closure would be a big big mistake imho.

Please don't do it.

I am not left- or right-wing but when it comes to the fascist Proud Boys or other Scum (BLM movement is partially racist, too, just in the other direction) my tolerance ends apruptly.

The thing is, it's not just a clash of left and right at the moment, it can be further broken down to globalists/liberals and nationalists. The political landscape at the moment is a mess.
Yes.
Far too much far sides, and not enough meeting in the middle
Choose to agree to disagree
You can take a stance on important issues and 'crusade' on key points
Yet, respect there's some dividing issues

To be honest, these threads (sausage, North Korea, Brexit, wtf) make me come back everyday. The discussions between Harrybkk and mack for example were epic and always a good read. Closure would be a big big mistake imho.

Please don't do it.

I am not left- or right-wing but when it comes to the fascist Proud Boys or other Scum (BLM movement is partially racist, too, just in the other direction) my tolerance ends apruptly.

:thumbsup: I enjoyed reading that feedback, in hindsight I feel it did come at a 'cost', maybe though that is more looking back through 2020 specs.

I couldn't embark on the same level of lengthy debates now, but it was respectful for a lot of the time. The opening thread post is dated april 2018, and I joined CM in May 2018, but the debates feel to me like they spanned a longer time period.

one, I'd question whether I have said those things, never said HCQ was a 'cure' but looked like it could help to stop people getting so ill if given early, and I can't help it if there are vids of Joe touching children and them flinching, but again not sure I've ever said 'Joe is a pedo'.

so you are not disagreeing that you denigrate members and spout personal abuse? And actually feel it is the right way to carry on because someone said something about bill gates or whatever?

I don't like too much censorship and PC, but if you are to carry on the way you do and people respond in kind, what happens the thread gets locked and then no one can post, all because you struggle to remain civil?
There are pictures of his son having sex with children online but the msm have made nothing of it and removed what they can of them as well as articles about it. Joe's daughter was interviewed stating that her personal issues and need for casual sex is down to being abused as a child. Hunter is being investigated for the contents of his laptop but the msm suppressed it all and continue to do so.

Last edited:
Yes.
Far too much far sides, and not enough meeting in the middle
Choose to agree to disagree
You can take a stance on important issues and 'crusade' on key points
Yet, respect there's some dividing issues
I am and have been very much in the middle from the beginning yet that has constantly been ignored despite me constantly pointing out that I am no trumpster or right winger. The hostility from the left has been constant which has led to me getting bans and infractions while not one left leaning member has been seen to get a ban regardless of how they behaved
Says a lot

Last edited:
I wouldnt like to see the thread closed.

Its about freedom of speech.

Any derogatory comments or insults aimed at a poster should be stopped but thats why we can flag the attention of mods.

Keep the threads open!
I think the issue is that often there are no mods around and whilst waiting for one to read the thread it degenerates into all sorts .. people are rude and spiteful people troll. people goad others, people lie, they pretend they are the only innocent party .... erm nooo and thats both sides.

It is like a car crash though hard not to look at as you pass by.

Dangerous in Berlin? Always fancied a visit there tbh, not been to Germany.. probably the only European country I’ve not been too.

well proper country, unlike Belgium.
Not the place mate, the Currywurst mass consumption :p

Just make sure you plot a map of public restrooms on a trip, just incase or good chance you'll be deported for public indecency :p

That's even before demolishing the Kebabs there as well

Needs an asbestos stomach just to make it through a week

I am and have been very much in the middle from the beginning yet that has constantly been ignored despite me constantly pointing out that I am no trumpster or right winger. The hostility from the left has been constant which has led to me getting bans and infractions while not one left leaning member has been seen to get a ban regardless of how they behaved
Says a lot
This is not true. People are given suspensions or infractions/warnings for breaking the forum rules as in flaming and trolling. I'm not the thought police, but I will step in when there are folks attacking each other with name calling etc.

Then why has this magnet not been chucked in the bin....permanently?
Or better still, completely deleted from the forum records with no way of ever being able to retrieve it?

I mean, just for starters, the title of the thread itself is the biggest crock of shit going.

North Korea? Pffftt.....

WHEN EXACTLY was the last time that North Korea was actually discussed in this thread? A year? 18 months?
Going by recent posts in this thread, The "Sausages and Nature" * thread would be a more fitting title for this thread than "North Korea", for crying out loud.

* Not that I have anything against sausages. I love sausages. Especially the ones that can provide timely and much needed derailing of threads...like currywurst. Nom nom nom.....

Anyhow, let's just cut the crap here and give this thread the title it actually deserves.....Trump Thread, Part Deux.

Can someone remind me what happened to Trump Thread, Part Un? Oh yeah...it got closed......permanently.
So why can't this thread, which is by far the most toxic thread on the entire forum at this current time, suffer the same fate?

I'm sorry to say this (AGAIN!), but this ONCE GREAT forum is going to the fucking dogs.
I can't speak on behalf on others, but these divisive, toxic threads are doing a fucking wonderful job of ruining my CM experience.

And I strongly suspect that I am not entirely alone.
You are right. This thread started like a decade ago about North Korea, and it has mutated into a colossal divisive mess. There is so much tit for tat mudslinging here that it is pretty much an uncontrollable Frankenstein's monster - The Creature. I know that folks are not working, locked in, unable to enjoy life because of the effed up situation we all got in because some mutha f*&^^ker just had to have some bat soup, so I have allowed it to be an outlet to blow off steam. Unfortunately, you guys are blowing off steam at each other.

So what I am going to do is forkify this thread (it's over 600 pages long FFS!) and reboot the conversation. One about the Corona Virus - which many of us are concerned about, and maybe another on the current situation in the States - even though most people in this forum aren't from there, but it is interesting to talk about.

When opening these new threads, I expect a certain amount of civility - you can be critical about ideas, but do not attack, flame, troll, goad, insult your fellow forum members. Once that happens, the spankings will occur.

All in favor say "aye".

"Aye."

They ayes have it. Thread closed and I will begin new ones.

OK, it seems Bryan beat me to it. But here's what I was going to add:

Guys and gals - at CM there is belief in free speech, within the boundaries of decency. These political threads are a repository for discussions not related to gambling and not relevant to the main forum topics. People have opinions on other stuff aside from gambling.

We all know there is a growing divide in politics in most countries in the last decade or so. This means you get extremist groups on both sides of the spectrum, all of whom have committed or are willing to commit, acts of criminality and violence to supposedly further their ambitions. Most posters avoid these fringes. It's not for us mods or anyone else to tell you that you cannot sympathise with or tacitly support one or the other. If you do however, you can expect stern and hostile responses from those on the opposite side.

With that in mind, don't keep bleating via the reporting system when they occur. You can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. It's an ass-pain maintaining these threads and we are now near the point where I suspect the Admin will consider it more prudent to bin the bloody threads.

Yes, if you see overtly racially insulting or denigrating stuff, whichever colour or group it's directed at, report it. It's forbidden. Absolutely. If you see personal and offensive abuse aimed at any poster simply due to a difference in opinions, report it. The trouble is, many of the recent reports have been petty, point-scoring affairs based on personality rather the content. It's becoming intolerable this end. So you have a choice - debate, discuss and criticize each others views within the boundaries of common-sense and decency or stay away. Because enough is enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back