North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I was NEVER part of the trump thread. And that was a direct attack on me, over what? The fact that I don't like Florida? Inexcusable behaviour! And you crossed the line! :mad::mad::mad: Normally I can take things with a grain of salt. Your posts are what derails a thread!

Don't take such offense, it wasn't directed at you specifically and I tried to word it as not to be offense to anyone.

This is the last I am going to say on the matter. People get told all the time that they either don't like a city, province, state etc. It is their prerogative, especially if the reason is based on facts. Most will agree or disagree and move on. What they DONT do, is call them classless! Don't start shite @slotmaster and then be a weezle about it! It's trolling at its finest! Its a political rant thread, people are going to agree or disagree. Funny thing, if you had read my whole post, you would of seen that I also said " I love Vermont and all the east coast". Which adds more into me thinking you are trolling. Have a great day!

This is the last I am going to say on the matter. People get told all the time that they either don't like a city, province, state etc. It is their prerogative, especially if the reason is based on facts. Most will agree or disagree and move on. What they DONT do, is call them classless! Don't start shite @slotmaster and then be a weezle about it! It's trolling at its finest! Its a political rant thread, people are going to agree or disagree. Funny thing, if you had read my whole post, you would of seen that I also said " I love Vermont and all the east coast". Which adds more into me thinking you are trolling. Have a great day!

Well I apologize if you or anyone else was offended and I did read the whole post. I wasn't trolling. You have nice day to.

ummm what? I have never been in or even read this thread till now but love you too. :) Have no idea what's going on,lol.

I was really looking forward to any and all input regarding the N.Korea situation.

If anyone has opinions, article links, etc.... I would love to read them.

Here is a look at an expert that focuses mainly on the peninsula

Kobe University professor Kan Kimura, who specializes in issues related to the Korean Peninsula, discusses why North Korea seems to have changed its confrontational stance.

Kan Kimura: Well it is normally understood that the economic sanctions of the international society and the military threat from the US are the two keys to understanding the change to the North Korean side’s understanding or activities.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Just search around for articles that arent bias and are from actual experts and you will get a pretty good idea. USA has a leader who isnt soft like Obama and Kim Jong Un knows he cant win against him with games. Their economy is crumbling, their infrastructure and people are starving because of the sanctions. Trump has been putting pressure on China and China has been putting on pressure to NK by decreasing their trade. He has no choice really.

The thing I am getting from all the news sources is N.Korea is meeting with China & S. Korea and it looks like they may have an agreement in the works. President Trump has yet to even have a meeting and I have seen nothing of him even talking to China and/or S. Korea, yet he "talks" like he is involved in this "agreement" somehow. I've seen comments in news articles giving him kudos for this peace agreement. Just when and where is his involvement when he hasn't even been to the meeting yet?

Well you wouldnt see alot of it. Its not like all conversations are made public and its much easier for China and SK to meet with NK than it is to meet with the USA because of multiple reasons I am sure you are aware of.

His involvement comes from all the sanctions and meeting with China president requesting help with NK. If you recall not long after Trump had a meeting, China slowed down imports and exports especially on coal. Would China have done this on their own? Absolutely not.

I think its a combined reasons. Trumps tough stance, sanctions, requested help from China. China obliging, Trump not letting up. Pressure from SK. Their caves collapsing. They are being surrounded by the countries around them. They could put off USA sanctions and pressure possibly but when everyone else joins in, what options do they have left? You think China is happy being called out in the media all the time and being made to look like fools to the world? The way the USA was going, they were ready for war without question. Would China and Russia then be pulled into it? Im sure this weighed on China. Do we really want to go to world war 3 over some psychopath in North Korea? I bet their answer was no.

At what point does a leader of a country not get overwhelmed and say fuck this, we are crumbling into nothing. We are alone. Things need to change.

Kim Jong Un messed this up himself. He could have stayed on his hard nosed path and still had China behind them. But once you threaten a country with nuclear war and the death of all america, you push america into a corner that they have no choice at all but to act and disarm them. You push China into a corner and the rest of the international community too. Hence, why he finds himself all alone and sanctioned. He screwed up.

I just spent the entirety of that thread saying he should be given a chance and judged on his own merit etc :confused::what:
I spent quite some time in the Trump thread agreeing with a lot of Lockinlove's posts as well as disagreeing with some of her other posts.The same with other contributors posts. Maybe they where overlooked but in context of that they could hardly have been viewed as anti American.
"feeling" like a post/s as being anti American is based on emotion rather than logic and reason. Which is not the basis of any form of reasoned discussion

Last edited:
I spent quite some time in the Trump thread agreeing with a lot of Lockinlove's posts as well as disagreeing with some of her other posts.The same with other contributors posts. Maybe they where overlooked but in context of that they could hardly have been viewed as anti American.
"feeling" like a post/s as being anti American is based on emotion rather than logic and reason. Which is not the basis of any form of reasoned discussion

oh brother

Dont be shocked. They are only saying it because if they didnt it would be clear cut proof they are bias. They hate having to admit it. Most liberal news sites are giving him credit. There might be a couple left but its usually anti american people who refuse to do anything but hate out of spite. Or simply uninformed. They will also use it as a talking point when they are accused of being bias. "We arent bias we gave Trump credit for North Korea". You gave him credit because there was nothing left to do.

Dont worry they will be back talking about stormy daniels and the fake russia stuff by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well, it is fantastic news and I won't hesitate to give credit where credit is due. The slot with Trump vs Kim Jung Un is already outdated.

The situation isnt funny but at least I got a laugh out of Trump calling him rocketman and Kim calling Trump mentally deranged american dotard :laugh:

The situation isnt funny but at least I got a laugh out of Trump calling him rocketman and Kim calling Trump mentally deranged american dotard :laugh:

me too.

Well you wouldnt see alot of it. Its not like all conversations are made public and its much easier for China and SK to meet with NK than it is to meet with the USA because of multiple reasons I am sure you are aware of.

His involvement comes from all the sanctions and meeting with China president requesting help with NK. If you recall not long after Trump had a meeting, China slowed down imports and exports especially on coal. Would China have done this on their own? Absolutely not.

I think its a combined reasons. Trumps tough stance, sanctions, requested help from China. China obliging, Trump not letting up. Pressure from SK. Their caves collapsing. They are being surrounded by the countries around them. They could put off USA sanctions and pressure possibly but when everyone else joins in, what options do they have left? You think China is happy being called out in the media all the time and being made to look like fools to the world? The way the USA was going, they were ready for war without question. Would China and Russia then be pulled into it? Im sure this weighed on China. Do we really want to go to world war 3 over some psychopath in North Korea? I bet their answer was no.

At what point does a leader of a country not get overwhelmed and say fuck this, we are crumbling into nothing. We are alone. Things need to change.

Kim Jong Un messed this up himself. He could have stayed on his hard nosed path and still had China behind them. But once you threaten a country with nuclear war and the death of all america, you push america into a corner that they have no choice at all but to act and disarm them. You push China into a corner and the rest of the international community too. Hence, why he finds himself all alone and sanctioned. He screwed up.

I do agree with you, but, I can't help thinking in blowing up his own testing site, he put the hurts to himself as well. What better reason to grow silent after months of being a blowhard spouting off about his wonderful rockets, etc. Plus, all these meeting have been taking place AFTER the explosion.

I do agree with you, but, I can't help thinking in blowing up his own testing site, he put the hurts to himself as well. What better reason to grow silent after months of being a blowhard spouting off about his wonderful rockets, etc. Plus, all these meeting have been taking place AFTER the explosion.

Did the MSM report on the explosion? I never even heard it mentioned, even by a pundit as an after though. Maybe it was and I missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back