North Korea?

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
I really do wish we lived in a world where politics were less politic-y..you know, best contender, best platform, good of the country and all
not, whos beholden to whom, etc
I just think that we live in awful times as far as politics and world events are concerned and I fear it will never improve.
Corruption,money and power at all costs where they only pretend to care about the people

cncas2123

Meister Member
MM
No wonder the Biden campaign are calling a full lid in their campaigning so often before noon. His son is in deep shit with his involvement in China and Russia while the Biden campaign are attempting to call out Trump on Russian involvement.

But I thought the report didnt find any evidence of wrongdoing on either Hunter or Joe Biden's part?
I mean if this is the worst that the Republicans can drag up on Hunter Biden I would say that Joe has nothing to worry about.
For me its the Trump campaign that has more to worry about as Eric Trump is about to be hauled before the courts on potential fraud charges I believe.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I know which of the two sons I would rather be at the moment......

cncas2123

Meister Member
MM
I just think that we live in awful times as far as politics and world events are concerned and I fear it will never improve.
Corruption,money and power at all costs where they only pretend to care about the people
I agree with you on this, we are hurtling towards a Star Wars style senate where nothing is actually done because there is no agreement and everything is settled in the courts.
Who knows, maybe Don the Con will reveal himself to be actually Senator Palpatine about to create his new empire.....

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
But I thought the report didnt find any evidence of wrongdoing on either Hunter or Joe Biden's part?
I mean if this is the worst that the Republicans can drag up on Hunter Biden I would say that Joe has nothing to worry about.
For me its the Trump campaign that has more to worry about as Eric Trump is about to be hauled before the courts on potential fraud charges I believe.

I know which of the two sons I would rather be at the moment......
Tell me which?

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
I agree with you on this, we are hurtling towards a Star Wars style senate where nothing is actually done because there is no agreement and everything is settled in the courts.
Who knows, maybe Don the Con will reveal himself to be actually Senator Palpatine about to create his new empire.....
Meh. I keep telling myself not to get involved with this thread but I keep on doing it. ( Same with the Corona and sometimes Brexit)
It never ends well. Especially if I am being friendly with Vodka :p
I find it so devisive and I have no doubt that it has an impact of the numbers of people who wish to get involved with CM by posting.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
It's friday, happens to the best of us

But yeah, politics will ALWAYS become heated

As long as everyone can disagree with nothing more than mild insults and no mod/site/member abuse, it tends to always sort itself.

The sheer length of this thread is testament :)
I am starting to disagree. I can only see the member participation dwindle even if sign ups increase.
I could argue until the day is long when I have the motivation too but I lost that long ago. I do so still sometimes simply because it is always in my face.
But what do other posters feel when they see the most popular threads being discussions and/or arguments about such heated and prominent subjects?
I am guilty. I know that

paul7388

Meister Member
MM
Meh. I keep telling myself not to get involved with this thread but I keep on doing it. ( Same with the Corona and sometimes Brexit)
It never ends well. Especially if I am being friendly with Vodka :p
I find it so devisive and I have no doubt that it has an impact of the numbers of people who wish to get involved with CM by posting.
Yeah best to stay out of political threads.

Maybe better sticking to friendlier threads. You and Max had a nice thread where you were bonding with each other. :eek2:

dionysus

Contest Manager
Staff member
CAG
MM
I am starting to disagree. I can only see the member participation dwindle even if sign ups increase.
I could argue until the day is long when I have the motivation too but I lost that long ago. I do so still sometimes simply because it is always in my face.
But what do other posters feel when they see the most popular threads being discussions and/or arguments about such heated and prominent subjects?
I am guilty. I know that
Depends on the threads I suppose
Brexit long past still on the boards daily as is election 2019, N Korea still mad popular because oddly US politics have such a profound world stage

Stats really show as much interest and participation.
Threads and members fall in and out of favour.
Cyclical really

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Yeah best to stay out of political threads.

Maybe better sticking to friendlier threads. You and Max had a nice thread where you were bonding with each other. :eek2:
Despite the total lack of vodka yesterday I re read the thread today only to find that I love Max.
Are the English able to visit Scots at the moment?

dionysus

Contest Manager
Staff member
CAG
MM
Aside from slots and music; there's probaly really, 3 major threads receiving attention (politcs-wise)

N Korea/Brexit/Corona

But...that's the (sadly) world we happen to inhabit these days

Would I sooner empowering, life-affirming stories?
Absolutely :)

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Aside from slots and music; there's probaly really, 3 major threads receiving attention (politcs-wise)

N Korea/Brexit/Corona

But...that's the (sadly) world we happen to inhabit these days

Would I sooner empowering, life-affirming stories?
Absolutely :)
Maybe sometime I will tell the story of me giving my much older female boss one which made me feel all of those things you mentioned until the owner,who was her husband found out

goatwack

Get dunked, big buns!
CAG
Maybe sometime I will tell the story of me giving my much older female boss one which made me feel all of those things you mentioned until the owner,who was her husband found out
That's not what they mean when they say "Work hard and rise to the top"

TheAddict

Ueber Meister
It's friday, happens to the best of us

But yeah, politics will ALWAYS become heated

As long as everyone can disagree with nothing more than mild insults and no mod/site/member abuse, it tends to always sort itself.

The sheer length of this thread is testament :)
I'd blame Harry for that, he got the ball rolling then quietly sneaked out to sit back with his beer on his balcony and enjoy the carnage :p

(edited out some of the bold, got 2 tables of poker on the go atm and wasnt really paying attention to what i was saying, nor what im doing whileplaying poker as it goes)

Last edited:

cncas2123

Meister Member
MM
Tell me which?
Definitely Biden the younger. The Republicans have been digging for a long time ( remember Rudi's trip to the Ukraine) to get as much dirt as possible on him and Joe and this is what they have come up with. It didnt ecen make it to a storm in a tea cup, its already page 99 news.
But Eric Trump having to get grilled about potential fraud in the Trump organisation with the potential of all kinds of charges if it doesnt go to well, thats a bit more daunting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 9)