North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
An hour before the infrastructure meeting Pelosi accused the president of a cover up.
That was all by design because she really does not want to do an ($2 trillion btw) infrastructure bill because she does not want to give Trump a win (because election time is on the horizon).

Even if the Donald did not foolishly take the bait, she and Shummer would have found another way to weasel out of getting an infrastructure bill done.

In the mean time 70% of the infrastructure is failing. It would have meant some decent paying construction jobs, safe bridges and roadways.

This is funny. Considering the gop were controlling both branches of governemnt for so long and nothing got done.

I don’t disagree with you. It would be nice when visiting my mom in charleston not to worry about flooding in the streets or that the bridges will collapse.

Looks like the tariffs for Mexico has been nixed. Mexico agreed to beefing up their side of the border to prevent illegal immigration. This is a good thing.

Finally I can say something nice about mr trump.

Looks like the tariffs for Mexico has been nixed. Mexico agreed to beefing up their side of the border to prevent illegal immigration. This is a good thing.

The tariffs would never have come into force. This was all typical Mr. T - threaten the nuclear to achieve very little and then sell it as the big win, the best deal ever. :rolleyes:

Only time will tell what the changes they agreed to will do. Desperate people are not easy to stop and for every path you close, they will open three new ones.

An hour before the infrastructure meeting Pelosi accused the president of a cover up.
That was all by design because she really does not want to do an ($2 trillion btw) infrastructure bill because she does not want to give Trump a win (because election time is on the horizon).

Even if the Donald did not foolishly take the bait, she and Shummer would have found another way to weasel out of getting an infrastructure bill done.

In the mean time 70% of the infrastructure is failing. It would have meant some decent paying construction jobs, safe bridges and roadways.

As Steviedoo said, your Mr. T had control of WH and congress for nearly two years and focused on throwing millions of people off health insurance, give his rich buddies a $1.5 trillion tax cut and increased government spending, especially on the military.

He could have done infrastructure instead but didn't bother at all. He put out a vague plan which was not workable at all, nor nearly sufficient.

Now, there is not enough money left in the coffers as the treasury is taking in much less while your deficit is spiraling. Your overall sovereign debt exceeds now 100%.

But then, this has been Mr. T's way to do business for all his life. He's run pretty much everything into the ground he started, borrowed money ad absurdum that he hardly ever repaid and never had a proper plan how to keep a business running. Pretty much how he is running the entire country right now.

The US will be in for a hard landing if you keep continuing in this style.

Sad to see Mexico letting these bully tactics work. They shouldn't waste their resources to Trump's problems...well whatever. Victory to Trump in this unfortunately.

This is funny. Considering the gop were controlling both branches of governemnt for so long and nothing got done.

I don’t disagree with you. It would be nice when visiting my mom in charleston not to worry about flooding in the streets or that the bridges will collapse.

that is why I included MCconnel in my original post.

As Steviedoo said, your Mr. T had control of WH and congress for nearly two years and focused on throwing millions of people off health insurance, give his rich buddies a $1.5 trillion tax cut and increased government spending, especially on the military.

He could have done infrastructure instead but didn't bother at all. He put out a vague plan which was not workable at all, nor nearly sufficient.

Now, there is not enough money left in the coffers as the treasury is taking in much less while your deficit is spiraling. Your overall sovereign debt exceeds now 100%.

But then, this has been Mr. T's way to do business for all his life. He's run pretty much everything into the ground he started, borrowed money ad absurdum that he hardly ever repaid and never had a proper plan how to keep a business running. Pretty much how he is running the entire country right now.

The US will be in for a hard landing if you keep continuing in this style.

Infrastructure is considered one of the common ground issues where both parties can come together and get something passed irregardless of who is in majority. Like I said there was no way Pelosi was going to allow The Donald to go on the campaign trail and take credit for getting infrastructure done.

I think 2018 was a record in 2018 tax revenue collected.

I don't recall hearing anything about the Donald's spending being out of control and that is something Fox Business routinely covers.

As far as the National Debt goes, Bush increased the national debt from $5 trillion to $10 trillion, Obama from $10 trillion to $20 trillion and look at all the spending the 24 Democrats running are promising, Nation Health Care, Free College, Reparations, of course we know its bs to buy votes.

Anyway we've covered all this ad nauseum.

Sad to see Mexico letting these bully tactics work. They shouldn't waste their resources to Trump's problems...well whatever. Victory to Trump in this unfortunately.

Well this is where we disagree and it shows that the some anti trumpers are no better then the extreme right.

Is it being a bully or is it being tough? I am not his fan but I love this country and if trump did something good for us then that is great. I am not gonna sit here and say it wasn’t a good move.

Illegal Immigration is a real problem. It’s not a fabrication of the right or the left. It might get exaggerated and it might get downplayed for political reasons but it is real.

No one wants to hear about families seeking asylum that got separated at the border, children dying at the hands of ICE, people in cages...this is not the USA I grew up in. If this helps stop this and the influx of illegals this is good news.

Stop and look at the bigger picture.

Last edited:
Infrastructure is considered one of the common ground issues where both parties can come together and get something passed irregardless of who is in majority. Like I said there was no way Pelosi was going to allow The Donald to go on the campaign trail and take credit for getting infrastructure done.

I think 2018 was a record in 2018 tax revenue collected.

I don't recall hearing anything about the Donald's spending being out of control and that is something Fox Business routinely covers.

As far as the National Debt goes, Bush increased the national debt from $5 trillion to $10 trillion, Obama from $10 trillion to $20 trillion and look at all the spending the 24 Democrats running are promising, Nation Health Care, Free College, Reparations, of course we know its bs to buy votes.

Anyway we've covered all this ad nauseum.

Except. Obama inherited a terrible economy and fought through the worse economic depression since the depression.

“Economists typically recommend that the federal government increase spending, thus adding more debt, during times of economic struggles and then pay down that debt when the economy recovers.

So while economic theory would support Obama's spending to help support the economy, Trump's recent debt binge has less support among economists.”

Trump has had a great economy (one he inherited and now we can say it his) and has done nothing to pay down the debt. He’s increased it by 2.3 trillion. He promised to wipe off the debt in 8 years.

Only two presidents were good for the economy. Bush sr and Clinton.

Well this is where we disagree and it shows that the some anti trumpers are no better then the extreme right.

Is it being a bully or is it being tough? I am not his fan but I love this country and if trump did something good for us then that is great. I am not gonna sit here and say it wasn’t a good move.

Illegal Immigration is a real problem. It’s not a fabrication of the right or the left. It might get exaggerated and it might get downplayed for political reasons but it is real.

No one wants to hear about families seeking asylum that got separated at the border, children dying at the hands of ICE, people in cages...this is not the USA I grew up in. If this helps stop this and the influx of illegals this is good news.

I don't feel any sympathy for your country at the moment. Your country is making the immigration problem worse. Your country is separating families. Children die in your country's custody. Your country is putting families in cages. And knowing Trump...it's definitely bullying. He could seek Mexico's cooperation with diplomacy etc. But all he knows are threats and forcing things to go his way no matter what.

That's why I want US isolated as much as possible. I want China to come to us (EU) and start cooperating more together.

Trump could even ask for Canada's help. Maybe they could hold some of those migrants for a while. But with Trump that kind of thing is impossible. He'd need to threat Canada somehow to do that.

Well I have a solution for 2020. Missouri gave me an idea...thanks republicans! Mandatory colonoscopy for all males before they get to vote.

I don't feel any sympathy for your country at the moment. Your country is making the immigration problem worse. Your country is separating families. Children die in your country's custody. Your country is putting families in cages. And knowing Trump...it's definitely bullying. He could seek Mexico's cooperation with diplomacy etc. But all he knows are threats and forcing things to go his way no matter what.

That's why I want US isolated as much as possible. I want China to come to us (EU) and start cooperating more together.

What is stopping you? You (and every member in the forum) represent a country, contact your leaders and explain to them how bad the USA and Donald Trump are handling the immigration crisis and you think your country should take in some of the asylum seekers. Let us know what they tell you.
Or you could take some of your gambling bankroll and help out that way.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

And this:

Last edited:
What is stopping you? You (and every member in the forum) represent a country, contact your leaders and explain to them how bad the USA and Donald Trump are handling the immigration crisis and you think your country should take in some of the asylum seekers. Let us know what they tell you.

Or you could take some of your gambling bankroll and help out that way.

Your problem. You deal with it. Or you can become Finland's vassal state and we can deal with it then.

Except. Obama inherited a terrible economy and fought through the worse economic depression since the depression.

“Economists typically recommend that the federal government increase spending, thus adding more debt, during times of economic struggles and then pay down that debt when the economy recovers.

So while economic theory would support Obama's spending to help support the economy, Trump's recent debt binge has less support among economists.”

Trump has had a great economy (one he inherited and now we can say it his) and has done nothing to pay down the debt. He’s increased it by 2.3 trillion. He promised to wipe off the debt in 8 years.

Only two presidents were good for the economy. Bush sr and Clinton.

Bush Sr. had a recession, as an fyi, only two presidents since WWII did not win a second term, Jimmy Carter and Bush Sr. Both had the unfortunate luck of a down economy.

It just goes to show mexico wasn't doing it's bit or could at least do more on their side of the border to help.

Now I'm just thinking aloud here, so don't shoot me down, but I wonder how much the old enmity between mexico and the USA still exists under the surface, remember you had the alamo, and apparently the following states were once part of mexico: Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California. But they were given up as part of a peace deal to end the wars in 1848.

So bearing that in mind it wouldn't surprise me at some level the mexican police and law authorities don't really care, for example, if illegal drugs are shipped into the US via mexico, as some of the money from the trade filters back into corrupt officials back pockets. Ditto illegal immigration, but trump's tariff threat meant it was going to hurt them in the pocket if things didn't change, so miraculously they've quickly come to table now with a commitment to help further.

umm...so if this is correct...Trump just did a show how his threat worked? when it was all planned months ahead of time...or did I understand this correctly?

umm...so if this is correct...Trump just did a show how his threat worked? when it was all planned months ahead of time...or did I understand this correctly?

As if I would have known it if you see one of my previous posts.

Threaten the nuclear to gain very little and sell it as a big win. Typical braggard snake oil salesman. :rolleyes:

He achieved though what he yearns all the time: attention and adulation.

In truth, Mr. T only saved his face by accepting this deal as he was in danger of having Republicans doing something against his "threatened" tariffs, plus it had the potential to turn a lot of his voters against him. So basically, this was a planned political theater that caused more commotion than it was worth it. The hilarious TV-reality show never stops. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You can read the signed agreement here:

It is the same vague nonsense as Mr. T signed with Kim in Singapore. If he would be really the tough negotiator, that he falsely claims to be, then there would be some concrete numbers/dates/goals to achieve in the agreement. There is no mechanic included how to measure success/failure of it.

So, Mexico can reduce the numbers from now roughly 150K / month to lets say 100K / month, which is still higher than 2 years ago, and there is little in the agreement that Mr. T can do other than starting the "tariff threat" again. So much for Mr. T bragging and promising to end illegal immigration during his campaign.

Geez, my 9-year old is a better negotiator when I decline to buy some sort of toy for him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back