Nord Stream Pipelines - Under Siege!

Oh, also learned that apparently there is still one pipe intact and operational. Theory is that could be an ace Putin could play if and when a cold Europe is in a conciliatory mood.

so many pipelines under the water only Russian one are getting damaged

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 11.26.03.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 11.26.03.png
    717.3 KB · Views: 12
There's a case to be made for either parties (or bloody 3rd party troublemakers) to have sabotaged the Nord Stream, but I'd write off it having been an accident, given the conflict.

Seems more in keeping with Putin - and just general strategy - that committing this 'obstruction' is more likely to hurt the West than Russia itself, weakening their capability in many areas. Whether that be industry, infrastructure, or just to power the weapons that are being deployed to mow down invading troops, as this war's not exactly being 'won' by Putin presently. I'd look at it like chess, sacrifice your queen but ensure the opponent's weakened more - and short of deploying tactical nukes, this is the corner he's been backed into, in his mind.

Russia's not exactly short of a barrel or two, and with their ties to China and the Middle East I'd wager that long-term, the West's somewhat at a disadvantage and fated to lose whatever happens. When your adversary starts turning off the lights then you find yourself fighting someone with nothing to lose, not exactly what I'd call an enviable situation to be in. So unless there's some resolution soon, you may want to prep that wooly jumper, as things are gonna get spicy.....

"... analysts said sabotage would fit neatly into Mr. Putin’s broader Russian strategy of waging war on multiple fronts, using economic and political tools, as well as arms, to undermine Ukraine’s allies and weaken their resolve and unity. It demonstrates to an already jittery Europe how vulnerable its vital infrastructure is, including other pipelines and undersea power and telecommunications cables."

NY Times,
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Yes, no doubt there are now a couple of Royal Navy Astute Hunter Killer Subs en-route or already patrolling the North Sea. Don't be surprised if SBS teams are not now going to be embedded on offshore oil rigs either, if not already there.

I rate UK special forces considerably higher than Russian Spetznaz equivalents that is for sure. Especially after seeing what Ukraine did to them in Hostemol at the start of Putin's illegal invasion

Personally i dont think Russia did it, if i had built an expensive underground hose that supplied my neighbourhood with beer, i wouldnt blow it up if i got in a war with them (im on good terms with my neighbours).
I would shut the tap from my side and once my neighbours got thirsty enough they would come begging me to turn it back on again.

To me it sounds more likely it was done to prevent european countries from 'caving in' now that we are heading towards colder days.
Its easy to say 'we wont buy Russian gas' when its summer, its harder to turn it down if you are in the middle of winter and freezing.
Like Webcaz pointed out, USA has literally said they could and would fuck up the pipeline if Russia went into Ukraine, im not saying they were the ones that did it but imo Russia is not the one with the most to gain from blowing it up.

Must be a coincidence that this pipeline just opened, very good timing, almost too good. ;)

j.gif

Chances are we may not know for years who masterminded this sabotage.

But as the theories fly around, there's probably something to be achieved from any 'side' as it were, even if just for good old-fashioned propaganda.

Some further musings as to what Putin stands to 'gain' from possibly orchestrating the deed, if anything -

Chances are we may not know for years who masterminded this sabotage.

But as the theories fly around, there's probably something to be achieved from any 'side' as it were, even if just for good old-fashioned propaganda.

Some further musings as to what Putin stands to 'gain' from possibly orchestrating the deed, if anything -

Like you say it will probably take a long time before we know, if ever.
I just think its a bit suspicious that literally the whole world is saying 'It must have been Russia' when nobody knows who did it or why yet, and Russia is not the only country with a motive.
Its likely it was Russia, but not as 100% sure as all articles are making it out to be imo.

In any event, tomorrow could be the start of a whole new ball game as Putin will be 'welcoming' the 4 Ukrainian oblasts into the Russian Federation after the complete sham of a referendum held earlier this week.

US have confirmed that they are sending a further 18 Himars to Ukraine as I type this. So whatever happens, it is going to be Himars O'Clock pretty much 24/7 when they arrive. Pity the poor conscripts forced to join the Russian army....

himarsoclock.jpg

Apparently no Russians are to be pitied in any capacity as Russophobia's in vogue. That includes ordinary citizens, sports people, businesses etc

Because not taking down the government in some 'show of solidarity' labels one complicit? 🤔

So I wouldn't go commiserating forced conscripts that are probably under threat of execution or anything, because that will just not do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back