Nord Stream Pipelines - Under Siege!

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
Staff member
There has been lots of talk that the two Nordstream pipelines that suffered leaks due to separate explosions were sabotaged by a state actor. With both Russia and the US according to conspiracy theorists being the prime suspects.

However, photographic evidence has emerged that it was a Z List Hollywood actor responsible!

seagal.jpeg

That's actually dangerous as the gas bubbles mean any ships going across it could easily sink, due to low water density. Like when you fart in the bath underneath your toy battleship and it sinks a few inches into the bubbles.

Russia, at least for part of the time. Apparently he and Putin are buddies, for real. :eek2:

This is actually dangerous and serious both above water (release of methane gas) and under water (fish can't breathe and they die etc.) and also politically, as a Swede I get really angry when this kind of thing happens and there will probably be more incidents ahead...

Saw an interesting documentary about Segal recently. Apparently he's a big-time fraudster, has lied and bullshitted his way through most of his career. Has pretty dubious taste in friends too by the look of it.

Saw an interesting documentary about Segal recently. Apparently he's a big-time fraudster, has lied and bullshitted his way through most of his career. Has pretty dubious taste in friends too by the look of it.
Also accused of rape and lots of sexual misconduct....

Also accused of rape and lots of sexual misconduct....
Yeah, that too. Kind of professional dick from the evidence the documentary presented.

Yeah. In my late teens I loved his budget movies. But then in later life found out what he is and was really like and kind of disappointed - He was also married to Kelly Le Brock in the 90's! Childhood crush lol
Dito, sans the crush. I enjoyed some of his action movies when I was younger and cared less about who people really are. he dropped off my radar for ages but then I stumbled on the documentary and was pretty gobsmacked. To quote Woody Allen: "what an asshole!".

Dito, sans the crush. I enjoyed some of his action movies when I was younger and cared less about who people really are. he dropped off my radar for ages but then I stumbled on the documentary and was pretty gobsmacked. To quote Woody Allen: "what an asshole!".
Woody Allen, the paedo?

Woody Allen, the paedo?
Accused of that, yes. Unproven though, AFAIK. And most of the accusations come from his completely nutters ex wife so ... we each must draw our own conclusions I guess given that none of us really knows doodly squat about it.

Lots of news about this, and it looks like the explosions were deliberate.

Left wondering what either side would gain.

Some mention that Gazprom (owner of the lines) would not have to pay a financial penalty for failing to deliver gas under contract due to a force of nature being the cause if that can be claimed.

... why would they blow up their own pipeline ...
Well, it is a big fat 🖕 to all their European customers, many of whom have supported the Ukrainian war effort.

Also, interesting it happened within 24 hours after the Norway --> Poland pipeline was opened. My money is on a US false flag attack, backing up Biden's rhetoric from February about it. Also very likely a cyber attack, causing the pressure to build up, hence explosions. I mean, there have been lots of unexplained fires in Russian factories during the course of the war. They can't all be down to Russians being careless with their cigarette ends.....

I dunno, seems to me that if your intention is to inflict severe and immediate pain on your opponents you hit them where it hurts, hard. Blowing up their primary source of energy sounds like a pretty good candidate.

As to unexplained mishaps in Russian factories, etc I would think the stuff we've seen related to the Russian ware effort would strongly indicate that everything is being pushed to maximize production and productivity no matter what the costs. In that scenario you have a wide-spread disregard for safety measures, failing equipment, pissed off workers and so forth. As the saying goes "surprised it doesn't happen more often".

"... analysts said sabotage would fit neatly into Mr. Putin’s broader Russian strategy of waging war on multiple fronts, using economic and political tools, as well as arms, to undermine Ukraine’s allies and weaken their resolve and unity. It demonstrates to an already jittery Europe how vulnerable its vital infrastructure is, including other pipelines and undersea power and telecommunications cables."

NY Times,
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back