dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
Wasn't this expected the night they announced the winner?
It wasn't confirmed but it was put forward that the UK should host it after matey in the picture came second and it was apparent Ukraine would not be able to host. I suppose it's like a toothache, you know it's going to need an extraction but pretend otherwise until the appointment at the dentist is actually made.

This contest is based on the level of "friendliness" and the political connections between countries. However, at times it's interesting to see what's going on over there. Sometimes they have good performers, but they don't get votes because of the mentioned. But in general, one needs to come up with something seriously mad or really outstanding good in order to win.

I know someone who goes every year to a country where Eurovision is held and places bets. Usually, he comes back with a good bit of money since he has made enough connections/friends over the years and communicates with people partly involved in this contest. Very often, he manages to pick an underdog country with very high odds at the beginning. As far as I remember, he's already visited 32 or 37 countries.

The BBC cover it as if it's the most important cultural event of the year, and almost everytime the uk receive pitiful low scores despite spending a shit ton of money on an x-factor level reject to help us win.

This year because of strongly supporting the ukraine we got almost top scores, some kind of bizarre music contest this is.

The Eurovision has always been a bit of an event, I remember in the 1980s it was quite the televisual treat, and you'd see countries taking sides with each other when dishing out the marks. Just because it has 'Euro' in the title doesn't mean it's anything to do with the EU, or even Europe really, for that matter - although it was originally founded in the aftermath of WW2 as a way for European countries to have something to participate in together that the populations of the various countries could enjoy and it was better than, y'know, trying to kill each other all the time.

I haven't bothered with it for a long time now, but for those who enjoy it seems like a nice bit of fun, live and let live, and all that.

To be fair, I have checked this out having not originally watched it - it appears our chap Ryder in the OP would have won easily if it wasn't for the Ukraine 'sympathy' vote which was quite understandable. Still, maybe if he puts a hard expression on MG could use him as the Thor image on the next Thunderstruck slot lol...

FFS - That "European" festival that has Australia in it?

A bit like "Britain" got talent where the majority of contestants don't even come from Britain.

Waste of air time.
And why should Australia not be in it? Without the high standard of our entries, Eurovision would just be a meaningless little festival.

In fact, if you ask nicely, we might even invite you lot to participate in one of the World's Best Festivals - Splendour in the Grass.

1658824671205.png

Just asked my mate who goes to Eurovision how many times he has been there. He said that the first time was in 1974 when he was 5 and his parents took him along to Brighton, UK. The winner was Abba with the song Waterloo. He has never missed a year since.

Huh...amazing some people are... :eek2:
Does he have psychological issues?

The BBC cover it as if it's the most important cultural event of the year, and almost everytime the uk receive pitiful low scores despite spending a shit ton of money on an x-factor level reject to help us win.

This year because of strongly supporting the ukraine we got almost top scores, some kind of bizarre music contest this is.
Bizarre is such a great word for Eurovision :D :D

Guilty pleasure

Never seen this, I'm changing my mind :laugh:

ESC has never been my cup of tea but its never been boring ill give them that.
Theres usually a song or two from each year that is actually good or just bizarrely funny.
If you ever plan on taking part you should watch this Swedish guide on how to make the perfect ESC performance first, there are many things you can do to improve you chances of winning.

Or you could try cheating like Lithuania in 2006 and just proclaim yourself the winnner before any votes have been cast.

This gay queen nearly fained when It was finnaly announced UK would host, as someone who LIVES for eurovision this is a dream come true, I can finnaly go to a contest !!!

ESCJAMIE AKA Eurovision song contest Jamie <<

What drama.

What majesty.

What choreography.

What energy.

What nonsense.

And...I loved it. Thank you @mack341, otherwise I would still be in total ignorance of this absolute gem.

Yes it has got something about it, grabs your attention, I think it won as well.

My sense today the acts are very much generic fare, polished but lacking something, a genuine spirit as it were.

Yes it has got something about it, grabs your attention, I think it won as well.

My sense today the acts are very much generic fare, polished but lacking something, a genuine spirit as it were.
I think that can be applied to our everyday existence. So many rules and regulations governing behaviour abound that the world is gradually losing its vibrancy and colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back